Runaways

Runaways

A Story by EvianneSpeaks
"

A short piece I wrote.

"

The rumble of the trucks engine is loud in my ears. My head spins with every sharp turn he makes. I still can’t help but smile at his restless expression. Joey says that we’re running away, he just won’t tell me where. As I lift my head up, it aches. I look out the car window, and focus my eyes on the trees. The leaves blend together into streaks of red and yellow, as if a painter smeared the colors of autumn across the wood. Joey’s Bon Jovi CD plays through the car speakers. He reaches for the volume dial and turns is up a few notches, as if to block out the sound from the rest of the world.

            “Joey, I’m hungry.” I whisper in his direction.

            “There’s a rest stop in a couple of miles. We’ll stop there.” He mutters back to me. His face is serious, and his hands are tight on the steering wheel. His dark, ice blue eyes focus on the road ahead. I rest my head on the seat and close my eyes and try to become one with the sharp, curving turns. As I listen to Joey hum along with the track, I smile slightly and think back to the times when we used to blare the radio and sing at the top of our lungs. I slump down in my seat and look over at Joey and remember how he always used to have a subtle smirk on his face; so light-hearted and carefree. Those were the days when we didn’t have a care in the world. Where the only thing we had to worry about was what we were going to do the next day…

© 2010 EvianneSpeaks


Author's Note

EvianneSpeaks
I apologize for grammtical errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This sounds like a fun story! Very enticing, can't wait for more.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
1 Review
Added on October 8, 2010
Last Updated on October 8, 2010
Tags: boy, girl, romance, car, runaway, autumn

Author

EvianneSpeaks
EvianneSpeaks

A Secret Hiding Spot, CA



About
My name is Evianne. I don't have much to say about myself at the moment. more..

Writing
hhh hhh

A Poem by EvianneSpeaks