By Myself

By Myself

A Poem by Evelynn

Your hands holding hers
As you walk down the hall
The way you look at her
As if she was your all
I wish you'd look at me
Like there was nobody else
I wish you'd hold me tight
But I'm all by myself

© 2018 Evelynn


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

sweet thoughts of love ,a teenager`s life

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

thank you!
 wordman

5 Years Ago

you`re welcome
Oh, how I feel the heartache here. I know the feeling of wanting to be wanted by someone you can't be with all too well. You captured this feeling soooo well with your words. I love a poem that is short but powerful. I also think that everything here flows naturally, and this was a very easy read as far as the structure is concerned (don't want you to think the emotions you present here are simple, because they so aren't). Love it!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you so much
Very real emotions captured here in this poem, that longing for the other, your muse. Short, but honest and sincere, thanks for sharing this poem!

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
Beautiful work! Even though I've had a crush before, I can't really relate to this, but I'm sure others can. My advice for anyone feeling this way is to focus on yourself and try liking yourself more. Good job^^

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you!
lovely emotive snapshot of one of those moments that I think we have all experienced sometime in our lives

Posted 5 Years Ago


You do a good job conveying a sad longing for companionship and the desire to love and be loved. You are not alone in that, even though you may feel like it. There are many just like you who feel the same way, perhaps for different reasons, but I think most introspective thinking adults have felt alone inside and longed for meaningful companionship at some point in their lives. It's part of being conscious, I think; that feeling is probably responsible for the majority of our social culture/art/etc.... the reasons we come together as a society have varied over history (starting with the basics of species propagation of course), but one of the more modern reasons is to keep the cold empty abyss of this seemingly infinite reality at bay for as long as we can. It's always easier to face the unpleasant realities of living in this universe with good companionship. I think most readers will be able to identify with this poem, loneliness kinda sucks for everyone... even just the thought of it.

Posted 5 Years Ago


I like it, so far as the thought and flow of idea. But...

You need a stanza break at L5 because you change from what's viewed to what's desired. Stanzas are to poetry, what paragraphs are to prose.

Next...if you're going to rhyme then rhyme, Once you establish the pattern, you need to maintain it.

In this, you establish an ABAB pattern in L1 through L4, but then abandon rhyming.

Take a look at the excerpt to Stephen Fry's, The Ode Less Traveled, on Amazon. It will give you a good feel for what readers expect. It's a great intro to the elements of structured poetry.

Hang in there, and keep on writing.

Jay Greenstein
https://jaygreenstein.wordpress.com/category/the-craft-of-writing/

Posted 5 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes loneliness creeps in, even when you are in a relationship. Pain always walks beside waiting for an open door to reside ;- Nicely expressed.

Posted 5 Years Ago


Evelynn

5 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

982 Views
28 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 16, 2018
Last Updated on August 17, 2018

Author

Evelynn
Evelynn

Roanoke, VA



About
Chaotic Neutral Mediocre at Best Not an Actual Writer more..

Writing
my my

A Poem by Evelynn


sonic gang sonic gang

A Poem by Evelynn


Bye My First Bye My First

A Poem by Evelynn



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..