Scattered Stars

Scattered Stars

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Basically Christian's been asleep in hals house for a few days from sick...hallie wants to come clean to her bf david about kissing Christian but doesnt know how, some s**t goes down lol.

"

 

 

Confrontation
 
When Kristin let herself back into Hallie’s house no one was home and she couldn’t find Daphne her vicious but beloved dog anywhere. She had an appointment to take the dog to get her bi-monthly grooming but the furball was nowhere in sight. She scoured the first floor, which was where the thing usually stayed to bark at passerby’s on the beach.
 
“Daphnay!” Kristin called out frantically in her valley girl voice. She noisily exhaled as she walked herself up the flight of stairs in her sexy Moschino black patent leather heels. She always wore shoes as if she were about to work the catwalk. Or a pole. With all the money Hallie’s parents had why couldn’t they buy her a f*****g elevator for the three story mansion?
 
“Baby where are you?” Kristin pouted. What did she expect the dog to say? “F**k off and go home!” That’s probably what it would say if it could talk.
 
Kristin began looking around the second floor. She looked behind Hallie’s tanning booth, she looked inside the spacious bathroom, even in the four person shower, and she also looked in the newly remodeled wine cellar which had turn into a vodka, tequila, and beer cellar. The last place she thought to look was Abby’s room. Kristin had never seen that dog go in anyone else’s room except for Hallie’s but she thought since Hallie’s bedroom was all the way on the third f*****g floor, she might as well look in Abby’s.
 
The door to Abby’s room was shut which was odd, since Abby always left it open. Was somebody home? Kristin had just seen both Hallie and Abby at a local coffee shop so it couldn’t have been them. She creaked open the door slowly and her green eyes became wide at what she saw.
 
She didn’t even see the thing she was originally looking for, Daphne who was resting at the foot of Abby’s bed. Instead she saw an attractive appearance of a man, so breathtaking that if there was a male equivalent to Sleeping Beauty he would have been it. He was lying on his back against Abby’s bronze bedding, and had his head slightly tilted to one side. His dark blonde hair had flawlessly fallen over his slumbering face. His hand was placed neatly over his bare chest serenely rising up in down, making Kristin fall absolutely in lust.
 
She then recognized who it was. It was the same guy Hallie had seen, and blacked out from at the Halloween Carnival, and the same hot as hell guy she saw walk into LAX last night. No f*****g way. What was he doing here she wondered. Had someone slept with him and she didn’t know about it? She hated being left out of good gossip. He let out a heavy breath and Kristin decided she’d end her drool-fest with Hallie’s ex-boyfriend for now and be on her way.
 
She tiptoed as quietly as one possibly could in tall heels, snatched Daphne off the bed and made her way downstairs and out the door. As she balanced the squirming dog she pulled out her cell phone to dial Abby’s number and ask why the hottest guy on the planet was fast asleep in her bed at four o clock in the afternoon.
………
Abby, Hallie, and another classmate Jen, a pretty sophomore were all at the University’s local coffee shop with poster boards, markers, and papers spread out all over the table. Their intention was to get a head start on their history project due before Thanksgiving break, but the whole study session had turned into Abby and Hallie scrutinizing the situation with Christian and relaying it to Jen.
 
“He has been sleeping in my bed for like two days now!” Abby exclaimed. Abby had been forced to stay in the guest room since Christian was under some strange sleeping spell where he hadn’t even moved in almost three days. Not even to go to the bathroom. Jen was captivated by the strange story.
Abby’s familiar ring tone flashed that Kristin was calling. She flipped the phone to answer and heard, “ What is Hallie’s ex doing in your bed?”
 
“Here she’ll explain,” Abby said handing the phone over to Hallie. Hallie retold the story once more to Kristin. She left out the part about how Christian and her kissed in the bathroom. She hadn’t even told Abby yet, but was planning to once Jen left. Abby was the only one Hallie felt she could trust with that type of information and she had to tell someone.
 
After Hallie finished her gossip with Kristin and hung up the phone, she let out a stressful sigh and plopped her head face down on the coffee table. Jen and Abby looked at each other concerned.
 
“Hey Jen maybe we can start on brainstorming later tonight,” Abby said for Hallie’s sake.
 
“No problem,” Jen said understandably. “We’ll meet up later.” Jen gathered up everything and went on her way.
 
“Are you alright?” Abby said lightly tapping Hallie’s shoulder.
 
Hallie sat up and looked into her friends face guilt ridden.
 
“What’s wrong?” Abby asked.
 
“I did something bad with him Abby.”
 
Abby remained silent.
 
“You know how I said before that it wasn’t like I cheated on David?” Hallie said shakily.
 
“Did you have sex with him?” Abby asked.
 
“No I just kissed him, and I stopped myself,” Hallie explained.
 
“That isn’t so bad Hal. I mean at least you stopped yourself right?” Abby offered.
 
“That was all that happened physically yes, but there was more,” Hallie insisted shaking her head at herself. Abby suddenly became wide eyed and looked at Hallie frantically.
 
“What?” Hallie asked thinking that her friend must have thought she was so trashy.
 
Abby’s brown eyes motioned to something standing behind Hallie’s chair.
 
Hallie jumped to see that David was standing directly behind her. He looked down at Hallie, then across at Abby, and then at Hallie again.
 
“What are you girls talking about?” David asked curiously.
 
“S**t s**t s**t,” Hallie screamed in her mind. What had he heard?
 
“Oh you know just the history project,” Hallie replied quickly.
 
“I’m going to go meet Jen to…uh tell her our ideas,” Abby stammered snatching up her coffee and practically jumping out of her chair.
 
“See you later,” David called after her as she rushed out the door. David sat down in Abby’s old seat and stared at his girlfriend apprehensively.
 
“We have to talk about something,” Hallie awkwardly declared.
 
David scratched his brown head of hair but didn’t say a word back.
 
Hallie planned on coming clean to David about the whole situation with her ex, but now it seemed like she would have to force the words out.
 
David stared at her impatiently.
 
“Well, you remember Christian Mullins right?” Hallie asked carefully.
 
David immediately shifted in his seat.
 
“Is that what this is about?” David asked angrily. “ I knew I saw him. That pathetic garbage was wandering into LAX on Halloween night.”
 
Hallie suddenly felt defensive upon hearing David call him “garbage”, but she kept her composure.
“That’s where I saw him. On accident,” Halllie said pleadingly.
 
“What did you do with him?,” David demanded.
 
She couldn’t believe how fast he was jumping to conclusions that she cheated on him.
 
“I didn’t do anything!” Hallie found herself saying. She didn’t know what was happening with the original plan of telling David that they kissed.
 
“ He gave me his jacket because I was cold that was all,” Hallie assured him. “And then…”
 
“And then what?” David’s voice was getting louder and louder. Everyone had stopped sipping their coffee to watch the show.
 
“He forgot the jacket,” Hallie said quietly.
 
“Yeah probably on purpose,” David interrupted.
 
“Then he came back to get it.” Hallie continued. How the hell was she going to explain the rest?
 
“Ok so he’s gone. What’s the big deal? Did something else happen your not telling me?” David said wearily.
“Well, he’s not exactly gone. He’s….asleep in Abby’s bed.”
 
“In Abby’s bed? So he’s in your f*****g house?” David roared standing up.
 
Hallie extended her arm to sit him back down. “ Listen David. I didn’t do anything with him. He was really sick. I told him to leave but he didn’t even make it downstairs. So Abby and I just let him stay the night.”
 
“Then why is he still at your house?” David asked.
 
“ He’s been asleep for like three days straight.” Hallie admitted
 
“Three days?” David exclaimed.
 
“Look, I know you hate him, but I don’t think he had anywhere else to go. He was so sick David. Something is wrong with him.” Hallie said more emotionally than she meant to.
 
“ Why do you care if he’s sick?”
 
“I just feel sorry for him. It’s like after all these years he still doesn’t…have anyone else to take care of him,” Hallie thought out loud.
 
David felt a little better knowing that maybe Hallie just took him in out of pity. Either way he wasn’t okay with the idea, especially if it was Christian West.
 
“If he needs someone to take care of him he can go to the hospital.” David replied.
 
“I don’t think he has the money.”
 
“Well that’s his problem, not ours.”
 
“Is that what you’d say to a homeless person? Or a starving kid living on the street? That’s his problem not ours?” Hallie argued knowing she would probably get hell for it.
 
“No that’s what I’d say to Christian f*****g West,” David roared. The whole coffee house was dead silent.
Maria, the chunky manager who ran the place approached their table cautiously. “ I’m going to have to ask you two to leave,” she said quietly.
 
“I’m sorry,” Hallie apologized crying in embarrassment. She grabbed her things and ran out the door only to have David follow her.
 
“Hallie!” he called after her. “I didn‘t mean to yell at you,” he said after he caught up with her. “I just hate that guy, and I can’t believe you’d let him in after what he did to you.”
 
Hallie would have agreed with him before she knew Christian had been sexually abused by his uncle. It explained every reason why he left, and although it still hurt she understood.
 
“I’m going back to my house, I’ll tell him he has to leave right now,” Hallie said coldly.
 
“Good that’s the right thing to do. You don’t want that trash in your house. Who knows he probably already left and took all your valuable stuff, that f*****g thief.” David cursed.
 
Hallie didn’t respond and made her way back to her house. She didn’t know it but David was following several feet behind her.
 
She walked across the sandy beach to her house and made her way up the stairs and inside. The large house was filled with quiet and only the ocean waves could be heard. She made her way to the second floor and went into Abby’s room.
 
Before waking him Hallie took a long look at him. She had barely looked at him the past three days he’d been asleep. The afternoon shone across his face holding him in serene sleep. Hallie noticed that his shirt had been thrown on the floor and she could finally see the tattoo she’d seen a little bit of before.
It turned out it wasn’t just on his upper arm, but also across the right side of his chest. It was a hybrid tattoo of a girl and an angel. The wings were huge and went from his upper right shoulder down to the center of his chest. It looked beautiful on him, and as she looked at the picture of the angel girl rising up and down with his breathing, she noticed it had her eyes, her mouth…
 
No, it couldn’t be her she said to herself. He never had that tattoo when she knew him, so why would he get one of her after he left her? Before she let herself think about it anymore she came over to wake him up.
 
“Chrisitan,” she whispered not wanting to startle him.
 
“You have to go,” she said louder when he didn’t respond.
 
His eyelids began to flutter.
 
She brushed his shoulder gently with the tips of her fingers.
 
“Wake up,” her fingers trailed across the lines of his tattoo. His skin was a little bit rough to the touch but she loved the way it felt. She immediately pulled her hand away. Touching him was how she got herself in trouble the first time.
 
Finally his turquoise eyes opened. He had no idea where he was. This didn’t feel like the s****y sofa he’d normally sleep on or the hard wooden floor he‘d end up on after getting high. It was soft and comfortable, and he thought he felt Hallie’s touch against him, but the bed didn’t smell like Hallie, it smelled like someone else. When the blur started fading from his eyes he saw that Hallie was standing over him, and wondered how long he’d been asleep.
 
“Here,” Hallie said laying his shirt on top of his stomach.
 
“What time is it?” Christian stretched his long arms. His legs felt stiff as ever.
 
“It’s about five o clock. You have been sleeping for almost three days now,” Hallie told him.
 
Christian blinked at her. “Your kidding right?”
 
Hallie shook her head.
 
Three days? Do you know how much s**t I‘m in?” Why didn’t you f*****g wake me up?”
 
“I tried a few times but you didn’t want to wake up! You were coughing up all this blood and you wouldn’t let us call 911 so I let you stay here, you should be thanking me not yelling at me!” Hallie said angrily.
 
Christian sat up harshly and winced slowly sinking back down into the sheets. A look of pain spread across his face.
 
“What’s going on? And why didn’t you let me call the hospital before? I think I should do it now….” Hallie said worried.
 
“No! Look I’ve just been kind of sick from running around and stuff. It’s nothing it will go away.” he said sliding his shirt on.
 
“Christian, it’s not like we’re little kids anymore and you can just run to my house when your sick. You need to go to a hospital, so why didn’t you?” Hallie repeated knowing he was avoiding something.
 
“I didn’t go to the hospital before because they would have found the drugs in my blood,” Christian said bluntly. “Plus I can’t really afford it.”
 
Hallie scowled at him. When they were together he quit doing drugs, he said he quit for her. She was disappointed to know that he started up the habit again.
 
“Why do you do that to yourself? Do you realize you could have died?“ Hallie shrieked.
“So what,” Christian muttered.
 
That took Hallie by surprise. At first she was devastated that he said that, and then she became enraged. She reached down to where he was half propped up on the bed and slapped him across the face as hard as she could.
 
Her fingernail ripped his skin open and the side of Christian’s cheek quickly began bleeding. Instead of wiping it away he looked at her stunned and hurt as the blood trickled down to his neck. He hardly felt the pain, he was used to being slapped by women, but Hallie was the last person on earth that Christian ever thought would hurt him and he felt deeply betrayed.
 
He stood up and he was so tall that Hallie was face to face with the tattoo of the winged girl on his chest.
“I didn’t mean that…” she said regretfully.
 
“I deserved it. And I deserve a lot worse. Derek is in trouble because of me, so I’ll be on my way.” Christian stated.
 
Hallie remembered the name Derek, and wondered if it was the same Derek Christian had been friends with since childhood. Hallie realized that during the time Christian had been here she barely even knew anything about his life now, just that he started doing drugs again. As Christian walked to the door she found herself wanting to apologize for the way she treated him, the kiss, the slap, everything, but she stayed quiet.
“ I’m sorry for all the trouble I’ve caused you,” he said without looking at her and heading out the door.
It broke her heart hearing him apologize for being sick, but she let him go and remained standing in the bedroom. She listened for the front door to close but she heard nothing, and went downstairs to see if he left yet.
 
The front door was surprisingly wide open. Christian was still inside the house and David was directly facing him standing outside. First they just studied each other, looking at how tall and fit the other one got. Christian was by far the bigger out of the two, it had never been that way before and David looked up at him slightly intimidated. It was several years since they had fought but they were ready to go at it again.
“Oh look we got a stray off the streets,” David meant to say to Hallie but stared straight at Christian. “Go back to the slums orphan. I hear they are taking some more b******s over at the foster home.”
 
“Stop it,” Hallie warned. “ He was just on his way out, leave him alone.” But both guys ignored her fixated on each other like two rabid dogs ready to attack, although one was a much bigger dog than the other.
“How does it feel knowing that I got your girl?” David snarled.
 
Christian just smirked at him. He’d heard all those insults before, and was only ashamed because Hallie was there, but that didn’t stop him. Christian charged at him pinning him up against a wall and knocking over pictures that had been hung up. They swung at each other for a little bit but once Christian had him against the wall he forcefully slammed him in the gut with his fist knocking David to the ground.
 
Maybe David had his rich little family, but Christian had his rage. and since it was all he had, he valued it and used it well.
 
David who had basically flown across the room with Christian’s punch lay on the floor flat on his back groaning in pain. Hallie came to David’s side in horror. She looked up angrily at Christian and saw that the only thing he had from the brawl was the cut where she slapped him.
 
“The difference between you and me David is that I fight to kill. If it weren’t for Hallie being here you’d be dead already,” Christian stated sternly. He let himself out the door and hopped onto his motorcycle that was parked outside.
 
David stood up and stumbled after him but Christian was already on his way. David kicked beach sand towards the motorcycle, and in response Christian swerved his bike so that all the sand sprayed onto David. He rode off with the view of the sun going down in an orange fury against the water.
 
He questioned if his love for Hallie would set like the sun was just now, but he was forgetting that the sun never goes out of the sky it just turns into an array of scattered stars, and the next morning they come back together as faithfully as the day before.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Ok, so I used a few different last names for Christian so please dont be confused lol. I cant decide on a last name. Any suggestions? I was thinking either Mullins...or West something like bad ass but sad too...haha I dont know. I tried to make this a bit more concise than the others but its still a very rough draft. I just hope its not gay and retarded, thats my biggest fear. Any critiques would be great though :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

West is deffinately better :) thansk for the clarification :).. this was really good in my opinion..
I wouldn't really change a thing.. imagery was great :)
let me know if you ever get this published.. best sellers series I'd wager :)

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1214 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 16, 2008
Last Updated on April 16, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel