Fade to One

Fade to One

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Hallie and David are arguing about what happened with Christian, if he slept with her or not. Hallie isn't sure where the relationship stands now.

"

 

 

“David I swear nothing happened,” Hallie pleaded.

 

They were sitting on the wooden swinging bench in the middle of the Harris family’s lush garden. It was ironically the first place where Christian and Hallie shared their first kiss when they were little, and now here she was nearly sixteen years later speaking of him. The argument about whether or not Christian and her slept together was still coming up a week later.

 

Yes Christian and her kissed, which meant she techinically cheated, but she wasn’t about to say goodbye to her relationship with David over a kiss. She knew she would have a hard time convincing her current boyfriend that even though her ex-boyfriend spent the night, they didn’t sleep together.

 

“The guy shows up at your house, he passes out probably from all the drugs he’s on, and you let him stay in your bed for three days!” David said startling some sparrows hopping around in the birdbath.

 

Hallie’s parents were on a cruise, away from home as usual.  Bringing David to the peaceful garden at her family’s house seemed like the best way to talk rationally. So far it wasn’t working.

 

“I told you already, he was in Abby’s bed not mine. I don’t know what he passed out from, but David I swear that he was fast asleep for the whole time he was there,” Hallie repeated for what seemed like the thousandth time.

 

“That b*****d probably went in your room and tried to f**k you,” David tightened his fists.

 

“Quit saying that! I didn’t f**k him! If I did then why would I even tell you he was in my house? You can ask Abby what happened. He was bleeding then fell down the stairs. There is still blood all over the house if you want me to show you!” Hallie argued exasperated.

 

It seemed like there was no way David was going to buy it. And why should he? If David told her that his ex-girlfriend spent the night she would have gone crazy too. It had been a huge mistake letting Christian stay over and now she realized she was paying for it.

 

“Good I hope he bled to death in an alley somewhere,” David muttered.

 

Hallie didn’t respond and listened to the creaking of the bench swinging back and forth. As much trouble as Christian caused she hoped that what David said wasn’t true.

 

“His Uncle didn’t do a good enough job on him. He should have killed that piece of s**t, it's not like anyone would have missed him,” David fumed.

 

Hallie lashed out at him furiously, she couldn’t hold back any longer. “Don’t say that about him! I shouldn’t have let him in and he shouldn’t have hit you. You have every right to hate him but don’t ever talk like that again!”

 

“Why can't I talk like that?  Because you slept with him?”

 

“For the last time David, I didn’t sleep with him!”


 

“Maybe your right. Because if you slept with him he would have left a lot sooner, just like when you were fifteen,” David snarled.

 

Hallie couldn’t believe her ears. Had her boyfriend just insulted her for Christian leaving so many years ago? Hallie couldn’t look at him. She got up from the bench and retreated back to her house. She tried as much as she could to convince David that she didn’t sleep with Christian, but he refused to believe it and it was pointless fighting anymore.

 

She let herself in through the backdoor and hurried upstairs. She walked down the long hallway to the bathroom locking the door, and turned the shower knobs on the highest they could go.

 

If David did try to come upstairs the pounding noise of the water would drown any other sound out. How could he have said that to her? It was such a low blow and she wondered if it were true. If she had slept with Christian that night, would he have left like he did the last time? Before she let herself wonder anymore she tore off her Ana Sui chiffon top, and slipped out of her True Religion cropped jeans. She stepped into the shower wishing she could just hide in there forever. Without even shaving or washing her hair, she stood under the burning stream of water for nearly two hours before the it turned cold .

 

A faint beeping sounded off from underneath her pile of clothes, indicating that someone called her cell phone while she’d been in the shower. She wrapped a towel around herself and turned down the bathroom’s blinds to see if David was still in the garden, but he wasn’t. She hoped he wasn’t somewhere in the house, because she couldn’t take any more accusations or insults without going insane. Hallie took the phone out of the denim pocket and listened to the message.

 

“Hallie I know I upset you by what I said and I’m sorry. I love you but I really need some time to myself for a while. I’ll call you when I’m ready to talk.”

 

She listened to David’s message again feeling relieved he had finally calmed down, but not sure of what this meant for their relationship. She knew the right thing to do was to leave him alone and just wait.

 

The bench in the middle of the garden swung eerily even though there wasn’t anyone on it, nor a trace of wind. That first kiss she shared with Christian as a child would always be a part of her, but she promised herself that this last kiss would not bind itself into her heart. Hopefully someone out there was taking care of Christian West, because it wasn’t going to be her anymore.



© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Much shorter than my usual zillion pages lol. I'm pretty confident with this unlike the others. I don't think there are too many gramatical errors or confusing things, but if there is feel free to let me know! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

before the it turned cold .
before it turned cold

also i dont like the reference to the brand name it seems like your trying to make an add.

i still like your writing its brilliant and very descriptive. it cuases me to have emotion for the characters in the story. you make them come alive and as any good author knows thats what makes a book a masterpiece and a classic. so i will continue reading your book . honestly becuase i cant help but be drawn to the next chapter to see what will happen to the characters in the story so keep up the good work

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

its me again :)
awesome like always.. I'm starting to really get into the story.. I think I'm reading the chapters out of order.. but oh well.. I'm glad I made that contest up or I'd never had starting reading about Hallie :)
wonderful love triangle.. I hope in the end her and Christian end up together and all settled down.. but that's just my childish wishes of happily ever afters.. great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


before the it turned cold .
before it turned cold

also i dont like the reference to the brand name it seems like your trying to make an add.

i still like your writing its brilliant and very descriptive. it cuases me to have emotion for the characters in the story. you make them come alive and as any good author knows thats what makes a book a masterpiece and a classic. so i will continue reading your book . honestly becuase i cant help but be drawn to the next chapter to see what will happen to the characters in the story so keep up the good work

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i deffly liked that it was shorter.... i like the long ones too... but it looks like im getin far behind in this book so its nice that it was short so i can catch up... lets see what else happeans im lookin forward to it.....

Posted 16 Years Ago


The only typing error I saw...
"she stood under the burning stream of water for nearly two hours before [the] it turned cold ."
I feel the more you write on this, the better it gets. Hallie's anguish really comes through. Think I must have missed a chapter somewhere though...must go back and check.

Posted 16 Years Ago


I can somewhat relate to this. And this is a hard thing for Hallie... I truly know the pain she is going through. You did really well with bringing it out.

Posted 16 Years Ago


That was excellent and I will look forward to more of the story! :)

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1218 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 20, 2008
Last Updated on April 20, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hostage Hearts Hostage Hearts

A Chapter by Evil_Angel