Theres My Wolf

Theres My Wolf

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Hallie goes back to Christian's new/old place to bring him his food. This is just her catching a glimpse of him. There is a lot more in this chapter but it was so long, so i just kinda cut it off there.

"
Through Hallie�s tinted BMW windows, the desolate gloom of the slums transformed into the historic gold mining town Old Folsom. Every street was adorned with pre-holiday Christmas lights which began to flicker on in the afternoon twilight. The temperature on the cars digital thermometer began decreasing rapidly. With the hint of snowfall in the air and inviting buildings on every corner, the town was filled with so much warmth it made Hallie forget the cold.

She remembered how each individually owned store was filled with unique jewelry, clothing, and gifts for people that were even better than any of the designer items she spent thousands on. Most were closed for Thanksgiving evening, but she made a mental note to come back sometime when it was open for Christmas shopping. Her stomach churned once she turned onto the familiar street filled with old Victorian style complex�s. She couldn�t believe some of these places were still standing. Would they always be there?

And then there it was. The ancient apartment building that she almost called home a long time ago. It was once a three story Victorian house back during the gold mining era, but in the 1950�s someone had converted it into a multi-unit complex. The paint was chipped, and the color looked like it faded into a pale blue over time. Hallie had to close her eyes before she looked at it any longer. She felt like if she could take a look at her own heart it would look something like the worn structure before her. The place had been renovated so it wouldn�t fall apart completely, but no matter how much someone tried to modernize it, it would always have an obscure melancholy of the past.

Once Hallie pulled up to the curb and turned off her car she sat contemplating. She picked up the food which had been carefully nestled into the passenger seat and made her way up the three flights of stairs to where Christian was. �It�s just food� she told herself. What harm could bringing him food do? She just wanted to make up for what happened with David. It had all been out of her control, but she knew that it was only out of her control because she cared about Christian. Was it wrong to just care about him as a person? Just to know that he�s not bleeding to death, or sick, or starving in that tiny little apartment? If she made out with him less than a month ago than yes, maybe it was wrong to go back but she wanted to believe that she could control herself this time, and pay a simple visit.

Similar to the wolf in Little Red Riding Hood he would probably try and use his good looks and his sexy voice to charm her, stray her from her path, but she would easily resist. David was her boyfriend now. He was her rescue hunter like in the story, that saved her after being devoured by the wolf.

Christian West was a thing of the past that she would just give a quick hello to and leave.

The inside of the building looked exactly the same, smelled exactly the same as before. Hallie held her breath as she tried not to reminisce about her past. She finally made it to the third floor and stood at 3C where Christian would be. There was a small window that gave a view inside, and before Hallie knocked she could see the shadow of a man spread across the floor. She nosily stood on her tippy toes to make sure that it was Christian, and once she saw she knew it couldn�t have been anyone else.

He sat shirtless against the stone wall smoking a cigarette as usual. His lean stomach rose up and down with each drag he took and she could visibly see the tattoo which she now knew was of her. He sat resting his elbow on one raised knee looking downwards and running his hand through his dark gold hair. He looked so sullen and stressed out over something. Hallie wondered what Little Red Riding Hood would do if she saw the wolf in the same state. Would she be smart and leave him alone? Or would she forgive him and go straight into the wolf�s lair? Well one thing was for sure, the basket of food was certainly not for grandma.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Could the last line be ANY NERDIER? stupid stupid stupid

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I didn't think the last line was at all nerdy. It fits in well with the Red Riding Hood and wolf thoughts going through her head.

"Once Hallie pulled up to the curb and turned off her car she sat contemplating. She picked up the food..." I expected to read some of her contemplative thoughts here before she picked up the food. How about moving the description of the house from the paragraph above as if she is contemplating the building.

Another chapter that holds my interest, and still wanting to read more. I'm a little surprised she still thinks of David as her BF after the way he flirted with the other girl at the dinner. Intrigue...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

hahahahaha i loved reading the last line then reading your authors note i laughed reallllllly hard............. very short chapter........ i hope the next one helps me out on whats gona go down....... very nicely written as usual...... good luck on the next one

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

As Always a great read your keep me on edge at the end of each chapter waiting impatiently to see what comes next

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didn't think the last line was at all nerdy. It fits in well with the Red Riding Hood and wolf thoughts going through her head.

"Once Hallie pulled up to the curb and turned off her car she sat contemplating. She picked up the food..." I expected to read some of her contemplative thoughts here before she picked up the food. How about moving the description of the house from the paragraph above as if she is contemplating the building.

Another chapter that holds my interest, and still wanting to read more. I'm a little surprised she still thinks of David as her BF after the way he flirted with the other girl at the dinner. Intrigue...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

943 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2008
Last Updated on April 30, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..