Hopes and Unrealities

Hopes and Unrealities

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

The chapter title kinda sums it up. It is just the morning after a long long night....there is a tiny bit of sexual content but I didn't feel I should mark it for mature readers only

"
Hopes And Unrealities

        Christian awoke to Hallie slumbering in his arms. His blinds were still open and all he could see from the corner of his eye was the snow slowly falling outside. It was such an incredibly calm morning, but nothing could have been more serene then his present state. With the happy disbelief that Hallie was actually here right now, the crummy apartment felt more like a palace, and he like royalty safely guarding his princess.
        Her being fast asleep it seemed like such a good opportunity to sketch her, in real life for a change, but instead he wrapped his arms around her tighter, he didn�t need another picture of her, he actually had her now, as if he was living inside his years of art. It was a shame because he knew if he sat up at this very moment to paint how he felt, it would turn out as a masterpiece.
        
        Even though Hallie was someone he loved all his life, and obviously never stopped loving, it was strange for him holding a girl after having sex with them. He was used to leaving, them leaving, or if neither happened he had a cab waiting before the girl even fell asleep. What happened with Hallie was mind blowing, something he never imagined to happen again, but he knew his happiness would be short-lived, it always was.

As if Hallie sensed his worry she kissed his cheek in a half asleep state. He stroked her hair which had returned to it�s natural wild curls, and woke up dreamily.

He waited for her horrified reaction, but was pleasantly surprised when she gave him her sweet little-girl grin he hadn�t seen in ages.

Christian became so filled with bliss he propped her up and they repeated the same thing as they did the night, and early morning hours before.

After they finished Christian kissed her damp forehead and went to the kitchen to heat up the cinnamon rolls she brought over the night before, since it was the only edible food in the house
.
Hallie made her way into the tiny bathroom only in her lace Fredrick�s of Hollywood lace boy-shorts and matching bra. She looked at herself in the dirty mirror wondering if she had planned for all this to happen. She had a sneaking suspicion she did, but was it because Thanksgiving dinner had pissed her off so much? Or was it more than that? Was it to come back here of all places? Not only to see Christian and make sure he was doing well, but to sleep with him after five god damn years? The leftover tenderness from Christian�s touch disappeared as she looked at herself in the grimy reflection of the mirror. What was to happen now? She asked herself. Before thinking about that she went to check what time it was on her cell phone and saw that she had a voicemail from David.

�What are you doing princess?� Christian called from the kitchen.

Hallie ignored him and sat on the bed to listen to the message left yesterday.

�Hey Hal, it�s been a couple hours and you�ve been gone. Listen, I just wanted to say, I�m really sorry about the dinner. I acted like an a*s flirting with that girl in front of you, but I was still pretty pissed about Christian. I realized it�s not worth letting you go over, so if you can just promise me you didn�t sleep with him I will let this all go. I love you, call me later.�

Hallie dropped the phone and pulled at the roots of her hair, nearly pulling a piece out.

�What�s wrong?� Christian asked from behind her.

Hallie didn�t answer and went back into the bedroom to find her dress that had been thrown on the floor from last night.

Christian watched as she quickly slipped it on. Before she could do anything else he grasped her shoulders bringing her to a halt. � Are you going to tell me what�s going on?�

�I�m a cheating w***e that�s what�s going on!� Hallie said pushing away from him.

�Was that David?� Christian bellowed. �I get it, he wants to be with you again and that is why you are leaving.�

�You don�t get it, he never wanted to stop being with me. The only reason we took a break was because of you!�

Christian shook his head in disbelief at how quick she was to change her mind about the situation.

�You f**k up everything Christian,� Hallie hissed.

�So let me get this straight, you sleeping with me is my fault? You coming here, you making the first f*****g move on me is my fault? Nobody made you do anything!� Christian defended.

�It was a big mistake.�

Christian looked down at the track marks on his arms, wanting her to leave so badly so he could just shoot up.

�You and David are the big mistake.�

�Oh but you and I are perfect?� Hallie shot back finally finding her stiletto�s and strapping them on. �You might want to get that tattoo of me removed, it�s a little outdated don�t you think?�

�I would have never got it knowing you were this pathetic,� Christian insulted shocking Hallie so much that she stopped what she was doing. Once she unfroze from the harsh words she got up to find her purse and get the hell out.

Upon getting the purse off the floor she saw the crack pipe Christian had been contemplating using before she came. She looked at it disgusted, barely recognizing what it was.

�You say I�m pathetic?� Hallie said pointing at it.

�I told you I stopped.�

�Yeah it really looks like it. So you were probably just high when we did all that anyway!�

�Tell yourself whatever you want to believe Hallie. And be sure to tell David what he wants to believe too.�

With that Hallie made sure she had everything so she wouldn�t have to go back, and left slamming the door loudly behind her.

The microwave beeped indicating that the cinnamon rolls were ready. Christian took them out and threw the glass dish against the wall as hard as he could. He looked down at the shards of glass then looked out the window to see Hallie�s white BMW driving away.

The palace went back to a s****y old apartment, and the content man went back to the junky, desolate little boy he was before she came.


�..


        


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
I wrote this after i got my teeth pulled and am on lots of vicoden haha. I might have to reread this in my normal state...but i hope you enjoy it lol. I might have a contunuation of this chapter since its short.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You certainly keep the intrigue going, making her so changeable. Makes me want to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her...LOL I can relate to the exasperation which must be going through Christian's head.

So, writing under the influence of pulled teeth huh? I thought it seemed a little below your usual standard. Couple of things I felt didn't quite work.

He was used to leaving, them leaving, or if neither happened he had a cab waiting... I feel it would be clearer to say something like:
He was more used, either to leaving them, or they leaving him before they even fell asleep. (Leave out the cab part.)

"Was that David?" Christian bellowed.
"You f**k up everything Christian," Hallie hissed.

You asked in one chapter whether you over-used the 'he said / she said" dialogue tags; I thought you might like to have a look at this.. The use and abuse of dialogue tags?
http://www.writing-world.com/fiction/said.shtml
Read through it, and you'll see why I pasted those two phrases.
Hope you'll soon be feeling better...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i like. vrry nice. keap up th good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

makes me danm mad at haillie but thats a good thing again you make the reader feel emotionally connected to the characters which if freaking awesome thanks for another good read and hope you enjoyed the vicadin lol jk

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very nice i liked this one alot................. alot of conflict and various strong holds to the story now............... i really enjoyed it

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You certainly keep the intrigue going, making her so changeable. Makes me want to grab her by the shoulders and shake some sense into her...LOL I can relate to the exasperation which must be going through Christian's head.

So, writing under the influence of pulled teeth huh? I thought it seemed a little below your usual standard. Couple of things I felt didn't quite work.

He was used to leaving, them leaving, or if neither happened he had a cab waiting... I feel it would be clearer to say something like:
He was more used, either to leaving them, or they leaving him before they even fell asleep. (Leave out the cab part.)

"Was that David?" Christian bellowed.
"You f**k up everything Christian," Hallie hissed.

You asked in one chapter whether you over-used the 'he said / she said" dialogue tags; I thought you might like to have a look at this.. The use and abuse of dialogue tags?
http://www.writing-world.com/fiction/said.shtml
Read through it, and you'll see why I pasted those two phrases.
Hope you'll soon be feeling better...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oooo wow! Your writing is sooo engaging. I love it.. makes me sorry I've put off reading your chapters for so long. forgive me lol..
awesome writer! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1682 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 7, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Hostage Hearts Hostage Hearts

A Chapter by Evil_Angel