It's in the Past

It's in the Past

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Longer and better than the recent chapters lol. Abby comes back home, Hallie admits to her what she did with Xtian, she gets asked to model for a lingirie show, good times, shows a little brattier side of Ms. Hallie Harris.

"


        �This was so sweet of you, thank you!� Abby flopped her suitcases on the floor and hugged Hallie in delight at the sight of the delicious looking pie.

�Thank god you�re home,� Hallie said tearfully clinging to her friend.

�Wow, you really missed me didn�t you? Did Thanksgiving go okay?� Abby asked sensing her sadness.

�I did something awful,� Hallie sobbed, �I�m too ashamed to even admit it to you.�

�You know you can tell me anything and I won�t judge you,� Abby reassured.

�I�I slept with him. I slept with Christian,� Hallie blurted.

Abby�s eyes bulged out of her head. �Come here, we need to sit down for this,� she said heading to the plush living room sofa.

Hallie plopped down and began sobbing away unable to look at her friend.

�Aren�t you and David on a break anyway?� Abby said handing her a tissue.

�No! He wanted to get back together today, but I already slept with Christian!�

�Did you tell him that?�

�No, I totally lied. I�m such a s**t! I don�t deserve to be with David at all!�

�So you were still on the break when you did it with Christian right?

�Right but-�

�But nothing,� Abby interrupted. �He doesn�t need to know what you did on the break, and you don�t need to know what he did on the break right?�

�Yeah I guess�he was flirting with this girl in front of me, it drove me nuts and that�s when I went to find Christian, and one thing just kind of led to another, I mean it�s no excuse though.�

�When Christian was here I could tell you wanted him.�

�You could?�

�Yeah, I mean he�s gorgeous, and you being on a break and all, it must have been hard to say no. I�m glad you got back with David though, Christian looked like he had a lot of baggage,� Abby noted.

�He really does, and I probably made it worse. I said some pretty awful things.�

�Do you think you could apologize to him without�sleeping with him again?� Abby offered.

�I doubt he ever wants to talk to me after the things I said.�

�Maybe it�s best you don�t. Well I am jet-lagged I�m going upstairs to unpack. You will be okay won�t you?�
�Yeah I think so, I just feel so guilty.�

�It�s in the past. You�re back with David, and unless you have feelings for Christian you have nothing to worry about. Don�t feel guilty.�



Besides feelings of regret, Hallie felt nothing, not realizing it was just the numbness of him being gone.

She thought about laying in his arms, in that dank but beautiful place, her former home. God how she must have hurt him. So handsomely lost, she couldn�t believe even after so many years he still had feelings for her, let alone remembered her. The little boy that no one except her loved, and she ripped that right out of him. A long time ago he ripped that out from her too, she knew he had reason now but after taking her virginity the pain of him leaving was unbearable. Maybe he could finally see how it felt. Before analyzing it any longer, she fetched her Burberry coat from the hall closet and did what any L.A. girl does to relieve stress, raid Rodeo Drive with limitless credit cards.

�Hey where are you going?� Abby called from her bedroom.

�Just to do a little shopping,� Hallie yelled back as she quickly paused at a mirror to apply some quick cover up-crying make up.

�Want me to come with you?�

�No, relax and eat the pie I made you!� Hallie hollered to her roommate. As much as she loved shopping with Abby, there were just some times a girl needed to be by herself.

Once inside the car she stepped on the gas hard quickly pulling out of the driveway. She was on a mission, a mission not to go through anymore f*****g self-reflection that would lead her to think about Christian.

Her parents house was only a few blocks from Rodeo Drive but that was the last place Hallie wanted to visit. While she was stopped at a light on the street before her destination, she noticed that on one side of her was a Lamborghini and the other side a Porsche GT. There she was smack in the middle with her brand new custom-made BMW. At that moment she realized she was a part of it all, being rich, being privileged, and basically having an easy life, so what was she crying about earlier? Unlike most people she could do the thing she loved at a moment�s notice, which was feeling like a princess while trying on some of the world�s most sought-after clothing, shoes, handbags, whatever the hell she wanted.

She pulled into a parking spot noticing that the street lamp in front of her was decorated in blue and silver Christmas ornaments, in fact the whole block looked like a winter wonderland for Christmas. Hallie always enjoyed the beauty of the famous street, but the sparkling holiday lights made the place purely enchanting. She tried to convince herself that it beat little small town Old Folsom, but she couldn�t help feel nostalgic for the soft snowfall that came down when she visited.

But right now she wasn�t going to think of that place, she had damage to do. She walked along the street pretending she was the dressed up non-hooker version of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman. As Roberto Cavalli, Louis Vuitton, and Harry Winston signs flashed on by, she realized that was the only love triangle she wanted to be in, deciding which designer she loved best.

The little gold La Perla sign flashed at her from across the street, almost winking at her. What better way to restore her relationship with David than to get a little something from one of the sexiest lingerie stores on Earth?

Hallie quickly crossed the street anxious to see what they had.

�Welcome to La Perla, is there anything I can help you with?� a tall red-headed girl asked robotically the second she entered the store.

�No thank you, I will just be browsing for now.�

Unlike most people who were annoyed by having sales people follow them around the store, Hallie loved being waited on, but wanted to look around for herself first to see if anything looked good enough for David.

There were several lacy lingerie sets on the manikin�s that looked elegant, but she needed something that blatantly screamed sex, and something that would make David forget all about that busty b***h he flirted with on Thanksgiving.

She went back to the La Perla Black Label section of the store and found several items that would do just that, but her eye specifically caught to a black almost dominatrix-like sheer slip with the La Perla logo printed in silver on the front, and the caption �made with love� on the back. There was an under wire black bra that went with it, and the whole ensemble was possibly the most eye-catching thing in the store. Hallie quickly grabbed one in her size and was let into a dressing room.

Once she changed into it she stepped outside to look herself over in the full-body mirror. She hardly recognized herself, looking like the goddess of sex. It was unlike anything she ever purchased, David would absolutely die. Without contemplating any further Hallie changed back into her clothes and took the scandalous relationship-saver over to the register.

Before she could even place it on the counter, a skinny man with black spiky hair and black framed glasses to match, approached her side, and in an extremely feminine voice said, �I�m sorry to bother you, but what is your height?�

�Um, it�s 5�5, why?� Hallie asked thinking the question rather strange.

�Excuse me for a moment.� The man then walked over to a fashionable middle-aged woman who happened to be looking at Hallie up and down.

He whispered something in her ear and then they both nodded and came back to where Hallie was standing in utter confusion.

�My name is Patrick Landry, I am a fashion merchandiser for La Perla. We were just waiting on a model to come here and try on a few items for our show, but it seems she is rather late, that�s how it is with models,� he said rolling his eyes.

�Anyway, my associate and I saw you trying on that little number, we thought looked fabulous, you would be perfect for our annual Christmas-time runway show, with a little height of course, but heals can fix that. Would you be interested?�

Hallie blinked at him wondering if it was a joke. It was true she�d been in a few commercials here and there, and even did a print ad for Gap when she was twelve years old, but was she seriously being asked to be a lingerie model of all things?

�Are you serious?� Hallie asked beat red with flattery.

�Of course, look at you honey, you�ve got a kick a*s little body you�ll be great,� he assured her.

�Well then count me in!� Hallie squealed with delight.

Patrick then introduced Hallie to his associate Lisa Stratton, who explained the date, time, and necessary requirements beforehand.

�The show is in exactly a week and a half from now. You have to be there two hours before, no hair no make up we will do that for you, bring your own heals, although they may make you wear different ones. You can invite up to three people but they don�t get front row seating, and most importantly don�t eat anything the night before! That is so you don�t throw up from nerves, and so you look nice and skinny. This is a lingerie show after all!� the lady remarked while entering something on her Blackberry.

�As payment you�ll get to keep several brand new items from the show. How does that sound?� Patrick asked adjusting his glasses that fell over his nose.

�That sounds awesome, I can�t wait!� Hallie said not able to contain her excitement.

�We�ll see you there,� Lisa said exiting the store and gesturing for Patrick to come along.

Hallie realized she was still holding the slip in her hands and went to the counter to pay for it. The tall, straight-looking male employee behind the counter removed the sensors and bagged the item for her. �Congratulations, have a great evening Ms.� he said.

�Uh, don�t I have to pay?� Hallie questioned digging out her credit card.

�I manage this store, you�re a model for La Perla now, take it, free of charge.�

�Wow, thank you!� Hallie said as if the four hundred dollar item would have even made a dent in her bank account.

With an enormous grin on her face, she exited the store thinking what perfect timing it had all been. Going shopping had literally paid off! She was going to be in a La Perla lingerie runway show, and she knew that b***h David had the hot�s for from Florida couldn�t compete with that.

Feeling satisfied for the day, she was too excited to continue shopping and just wanted to go home and tell everyone the news. She placed the shopping back in the passenger seat, got in the car, and was on her way. She took one last look at the Christmas display that surrounded her, and knew that nothing could possibly bring down her mood now, nothing.

�.

Hallie sped down Pacific Coast Highway singing to the radio music blasting through her car, something she did when she was extremely happy, or drunk. She purposely drove slower so she could enjoy the rest of the song. Once she turned onto her street she saw a dark haired guy from a distance walking along the beach. He had to be crazy wandering around in this gloomy weather when it was going to be sunset soon and become even colder. Through the fog Hallie could barely see him from where she was but he somehow looked familiar. She pulled into her driveway, got out of the car and went around to the passenger seat to retrieve her things.

She kept her eye on him, wondering who the hell it was, and then to her surprise, she thought she heard him call out her name.

�Are you Hallie?� he yelled jogging up to her.

Finally as he approached she realized it was Christian�s friend Derek.

�What are you doing here?� Hallie exclaimed.

He finally reached the spot where she was and bent forward to catch his breath.

�I�m looking for Christian, I thought he might be with you. I didn�t even know where you lived but he said you lived somewhere on this beach.�

�Oh my god, you�ve just been wandering around here?�

�Yeah. Look have you seen him? He�s been gone for like three days now. I�m used to him taking off for weeks at a time without telling me, but I kind of have a bad feeling,� Derek explained.

�No I haven�t seen him since--- since a week ago. Is he in some kind of trouble?� Hallie questioned.

�Christian�s always in trouble with someone.�

Hallie assumed that meant drug dealers.

�Here is my phone number, can you tell me if you see him? It�s urgent, he�s needed back from wherever he is,� Derek said scribbling down his phone number on a piece of paper.

�I will let you know if I see him, but I doubt I will.�

�That�s good enough for me, thanks I�m glad I found you,� Derek wanted to confront her about breaking his best friends heart, but he decided to give her a break and went on his way.

A light bulb suddenly flickered on in Hallie�s head.

�Derek wait a second! What�s today�s date?�

�Fifth of December. Why?�

�I might know where he is.�

�Where is he?� Derek asked baffled.

�Look, I�m going to try and go somewhere real quick. It will take me a good half hour, I�ll call you. If he�s there I think I should talk to him,� Hallie replied.

�Alright?� Derek said. �I�m going to head back to his apartment incase he goes back there.�

�Okay,� Hallie looked at the bag of lingerie she was holding in her hands, and before going off in the car to possibly see Christian, she went inside her house, went upstairs, and took the black slip placing it on her bedroom dresser. Even though she knew she didn�t want to go through the mess of sleeping with him again, she felt better leaving the sexy lingerie at home.

Telling Derek that she might know where Christian is was a lie. She knew for sure where he was. When she closed her eyes she could feel him, and right now she could feel him mourning his loss. She started up the car, and tried to remember the way to Angelus Rosedale Cemetery.










© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Don't know about permission in mentioning all those designer labels lol....whatever!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Nothing wrong with mentioning designer labels, they are the ones getting free advertising. If you get the book published, they may even be persuaded to show their gratitude.

I don't know anything about modeling, I suppose it would be every girl's dream, but it did seem a little contrived. All seemed to happen too quickly. The sales person allowing her to take the garment without paying, makes me wonder where this part of the story is headed. I shall be intrigued to follow this sub-plot through.

Notice you wrote "heals" I think the spelling should be "heels"

This must be the anniversary of the death of Christian's parents, I guess. The little twists in the story do make an interesting read. Well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i think it cheapens the story a bit

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oh come on!!! that's it!!?? geez! hurry up so I can read some more!! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Interesting! I shall have to read the rest.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nothing wrong with mentioning designer labels, they are the ones getting free advertising. If you get the book published, they may even be persuaded to show their gratitude.

I don't know anything about modeling, I suppose it would be every girl's dream, but it did seem a little contrived. All seemed to happen too quickly. The sales person allowing her to take the garment without paying, makes me wonder where this part of the story is headed. I shall be intrigued to follow this sub-plot through.

Notice you wrote "heals" I think the spelling should be "heels"

This must be the anniversary of the death of Christian's parents, I guess. The little twists in the story do make an interesting read. Well written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1214 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..