Dark Angel

Dark Angel

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Hallie confronts Christian in the graveyard, it goes differenly than she expects.

"
�Christian�

He jumped, startled at the soft whisper, especially being in a graveyard.

Hallie looked upon his sad magnificent face. It was like he was almost nonhuman, like a beautiful creature of the forlorn graveyard. Christian looked right back at her with his searing glare. He had that even when he wasn�t angry. He thought to himself that she was too pretty to be in a place like this.

�Derek is so worried about you. He came to my house asking if I knew where you were.�

�And you came here,� Christian getting up from the spot he was kneeled down at.

�Yes, I knew you�d be here.�

Christian watched her remembering how she loved his parents just as much as he did. She had been at the funeral that had happened 15 years ago today, and as much as he needed someone right now he just wanted her out of his sight.

�Well now you know where I am. You can tell Derek I�m not dead, unfortunately, so go, be on your way.�

Even though Hallie was expecting it, she was taken aback by his coldness. �Oh Christian, I didn�t just come to make sure you were alive. I came to say I�m sorry the way I treated you.�

�I�m fine don�t worry about it, it was just a big mistake remember?�

�No! I mean yes, what we did was a mistake, but that wasn�t your fault it was mine.�

He ignored her reaching into his pocket and struck a flame to light a cigarette. His overgrown hair brushed into his eyes and as he pushed it back he saw Hallie�s look of disapproval.

� Oh yeah that is really respectful Christian� Hallie muttered sarcastically. He rolled his eyes and continued. Hallie hated when he smoked. Granted she thought it looked hot as hell but lung cancer was the last thing he needed. She ripped the cigarette from his lips and stomped the flame out.

� What the f**k did you do that for?� Christian exclaimed. � I�m just going to get another one.�

She grabbed his wrist before he could reach in his jacket, � Oh come on Christian quit being an a*s. You know your mother---�

� My mother??� Christian snapped.

� I was just going to say�.that she wouldn�t�.�

� Wouldn�t what Hallie? Wouldn�t approve??� He said his voice rising

� I don�t know just�.�, Hallie said trying not to make eye contact.

� Just don�t�.act like they are alive. They haven�t told me what to do since I was 7 years old. I�ll do whatever the hell I want.� Christian retorted cutting her off.

� Well maybe you�re an orphan that needs some damn direction�, Hallie mumbled under her breath.

� What did you just say?�, Christian whispered angrily getting up in her face.

She was sorry she said that the second it came out of her mouth. He hated being called an orphan, it was something David always called him throughout school, but how else was she supposed to get through to him? �Nothing� she said in his face.

� Why are you really here?� He said, breathing the words warm onto her neck circling her like an angry dog ready to attack it�s victim.

She closed her eyes, her head tilting back away from his confrontation. � I just came because I care about you,� she whispered.

�Well if you care then why don�t you just f**k off and let me mourn my parents in peace,� he growled.

It broke her heart hearing him say that, she knew she should just respect his wishes and leave, but she couldn�t do it.

�Please, I�m so sorry,� she begged realizing her cheeks were streaming with tears.

�Go back to your f*****g boyfriend, leave me the hell alone!� he said trying not to look at the sight of her crying.

Overwhelmed with emotion she crouched down on the grass cradling her face with her hands and cried uncontrollably. She had been ignoring the side of infidelity where the other party, Christian, was also hurt by her actions. She didn�t know why it was so easy to lie and act normal with David, but yet with Christian she was suffocating with guilt.

�I�m sorry, I know you don�t need this I�ll leave in a second,� Hallie said through tears.

Christian finally couldn�t help himself and took a good look at Hallie crying in front of his parents grave. It was finally nice seeing that she had some remorse, but he couldn�t take it anymore.

Hallie suddenly felt a slender hand stroking her back, comforting her. She looked up in disbelief.

�God, here you are mourning the loss of your parents, and you�re the one comforting me! I�m such a b***h!� Hallie exclaimed.

�Yeah you really are,� Christian agreed.

They both erupted into laughter and noticed they were both getting wet because it had started to drizzle. They�re warm laughter continued filling up the cold graveyard.

�Thanks for putting up with me,� Hallie said finally calming down.

Christian smirked at her thoughtfully looking like he was trying to decide something.

�What�s is it?� Hallie asked.

�I have something for you, it�s dumb though,� he said changing his mind on telling her.

�You got me something?�

�Yeah��

�Come on what is it?� Hallie said standing up.

Christian searched around in his jean pockets for whatever it was then took out a folded up piece of paper. Hallie snatched it out of his hand and unfolded it.

It was a flyer that read �2008 Los Angeles Annual Cooking Competition.� It read that the winner will receive over $2000 in professional cooking supplies and how the dean of several prestigious culinary schools around the world would be there.

Hallie looked up completely shocked. �Where did you get this?�

�I saw it posted on this board while I was out, it�s perfect for you Hallie.�

�Well what if I never came here, how were you going to give it to me?�

�I was going to just drop it off in your mailbox, I didn�t exactly want to see you, but I saw this and, you just have to enter. You�ll win for sure, you have a real gift you know?� Christian explained.

�Wow, well thank you. I might just enter.� Hallie took the paper and carefully placed it in her purse.

�You�re welcome. Can I ask you something?�

Before she replied he interrupted, �Actually, do you want to go on a walk?�

Hallie thought it over for a second hoping �walk� didn�t mean �boning�, but since they were in a public graveyard she figured she was safe and so she nodded in agreement.

�Nice seeing you again Mr. and Mrs. West,� she said brushing dirt off of one of the tombstones.

Christian couldn�t help but smile, and became secretly pleased that he didn�t remove the tattoo of his angel-girl.

They walked along in the mist side by side cheerfully as if they weren�t in a graveyard and as if it was the sunniest day of the year.

�I never really asked you what you were doing now. I know you are going to UCSB but what are you majoring in and all that?� Christian asked interested.

�Business Administration. I don�t really know what I�m doing with it yet,� Hallie admitted.

�Well you can do a lot with it. Can I just be, totally blunt with you?�

�Sure�I guess,� Hallie said worried what was coming.

�Why aren�t you in culinary school or something?�

�What?�

�I told you, you�re a f*****g cooking genius, I mean unless there is something with Business Administration that you are really passionate about?�

�Accounting 101 is not really something to be passionate about,� Hallie laguhed. �I don�t know, I never really thought about it. My parents just thought it was a good idea to be a business major.�

�Well just promise me that when you win that competition you�ll think about it?�

�I�ll think about it,� Hallie giggled at his over-enthusiasm. �What about you?� she asked changing the subject.

�What about me?�

�What are you doing with your life? Last I saw you had some�drug thingy on your floor.� Hallie shook her head in disgust.

�The crack pipe? I swear before that day I hadn�t done it since you smacked me at your house.�

�Really?�

�Really. But then, I kind of�did some stuff after you left. That�s why I�ve been away, I�ve just been kind of on this high for a couple days, living on the streets and stuff.�

�That�s lovely,� Hallie said sarcastically. � Ew, so are you high right now?�

�No not at all. After this I was going to go home and get my high back.�

Hallie lightly hit him on the shoulder. �Christian you are so much better than that, I mean why do you do it?�

Christian shrugged not having an answer for her.

�There has to be something you love doing, besides getting high. Don�t you want to have a career?�

�What for? I make enough money doing what I do already, the only reason it goes so fast is cause I buy drugs with it.�

�Drug dealing is so dangerous. There are other things that make money where you don�t have to risk being killed. Come on there has to be something?�

Christian scratched his head trying to come up with something. He looked over at his bike parked outside the graveyard. �I don�t know, there's my art but that's really just a hobby, and it's personal stuff. I love riding my motorcycle. I�d rather be on that than any stupid pricy car in the world.�

�Well there you go.�

�What do you mean?�

�You could be like, a professional motocross racer or something.�

�Hm,� Christian said thoughtfully.

They realized they had been walking so long that they were past the graveyard and back to where Hallie�s car was parked.

�Wow we have been talking for over an hour. I should really get going, and you should too. Derek was worried sick.�

�I�ll call him in a little bit. I�m going to stay here a little longer,� Christian said looking up to where is parents were buried.

�I�m glad we talked Christian. Take care of yourself alright?�

�You do the same,� Christian said heading back up the hill.

�Wait!�

�What is it? I didn�t forget my jacket again did I?� Christian joked.

�No, I just wanted to tell you some news. In fact you are the first person I�m telling.�

�Oh jesus you�re not pregnant are you?� Christian said his face growing pale.

�No! Oh my god you�re an idiot for saying that. No, I�m going to be in a La Perla lingerie runway show.�

�A lingerie runway show?� Christian repeated.

�Yeah! Can you believe it? I was shopping there and these like modeling scouts asked me to do it!�

�Wow�� he said trying to keep himself from imagining it. �Well congratulations.�

�Thank you. I�ve never been in a runway show before, I�m a little nervous.�

�Don�t worry you�ll be great. You better get going,� Christian said before letting himself think about it any longer.

Hallie was tempted to invite him, and while sounding deliciously scandalous having David and Christian in the same room, and her in skimpy underwear, it was not exactly the most practical idea.

�Thanks again for the info on the competition. Goodbye Christian.�

He looked at her, saying something endearing with those intense eyes of his, then turned back around to go on his way.

She got in her car and watched him walk up the hill back into the murky graveyard. Pleasantly surprised with how well everything went, she drove away leaving the dark angel to fly back to his cemetery, and she back to the city of angels, LA, where she was destined to tell more lies. Isn�t that what everyone did in Hollywood anyway?


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Hmmm i guess i just hope you enjoy it! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Here is one of the most emotional chapters you've written so far... for me at least. And yet it felt as though something was missing. I'm not sure what it is though.

A possible career in lingerie modeling and the cookery contest seem worlds apart, as are the lives of Christian and Hallie, but I feel certain that the cooking will eventually win. I still feel that the modeling will end in some sort of disaster.

Just one comment on the writing... see the note attached; (I've just worked out how to use the "Add Notes" button...:)

Anyway, well written and good luck with the writing competition entry...

PS. Think I see what is missing: Christian and Hallie didn't make some sort of arrangement to see each other again. I know they haven't in the past, it just happens, but I felt the emotion between them being so high, they might have said something, even just a hint of it being what they both want.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Hello, Evil_Angel. Yes I did enjoy it and I wish to read more of it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

THe last line is great.... i read all three i liked the one in the middle..... the first one was short but it was pretty good.... wow that hallie chick is like in a bunch of things now cooking contests, model shows........ your gona b busy haahahaha... anyway good luck with the next chapter... i enjoyed this one alot........

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I didnt mean that your story was cliche...i meant that you know that when your little your parent say 'put yourself in thier shoes'....That was what I was refering to....and I still love your story.....

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! HEHEHE
It was great :). They finally have a nice conversation without cheating on David lol...
I liked the whole cooking contest thing.. very cool.. but will it fall on the same date as teh lingerie show?? hmm lol..
great work!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Here is one of the most emotional chapters you've written so far... for me at least. And yet it felt as though something was missing. I'm not sure what it is though.

A possible career in lingerie modeling and the cookery contest seem worlds apart, as are the lives of Christian and Hallie, but I feel certain that the cooking will eventually win. I still feel that the modeling will end in some sort of disaster.

Just one comment on the writing... see the note attached; (I've just worked out how to use the "Add Notes" button...:)

Anyway, well written and good luck with the writing competition entry...

PS. Think I see what is missing: Christian and Hallie didn't make some sort of arrangement to see each other again. I know they haven't in the past, it just happens, but I felt the emotion between them being so high, they might have said something, even just a hint of it being what they both want.


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No you read it right, boning was correct lol. I didn't do this chapter for your contest, I did it for my book. Christian is a bit of an outcast and I think it shows how he has a place with Hallie, how he feels better and does better when he's around her. What do you mean it's so cliche? Better not be talking about my story lol. If you are I'd like to know any other story that is like this, especially since it's not finished yet.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1971 words that is a really impressive story....I'm glad that you submitted it.
---with this paragrapgh I noticed that you said boning instead of boring....was that intentional or an accident???---Hallie thought it over for a second hoping "walk" didn't mean "boning", but since they were in a public graveyard she figured she was safe and so she nodded in agreement.

---I want to ask you like I plan to ask everyone else....What makes this perfect for the theme? I want to know Why you chose to do this piece and how you think it relates to the theme....
---I really enjoyed this peice I felt like I could actually place myself in Christains shoes...so cliche but oh well.... Thank you for submitting this peice of work for the contest and remember to keep writing....

*nameless_angel*

Posted 15 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1272 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 12, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..