I�m Leavin'

I�m Leavin'

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Christian it heading to NY and Derek is going too. Just a short lil chapter, might add more to it with David and Hal.

"
I�m Leavin


The room was filled with the aroma of cigarette smoke and beer when Christian let himself into Derek�s apartment. It just wouldn�t have been right if it didn�t smell like that.

�Christian is that you?� Derek called from the back room above the noise of a pool game going on.

Christian walked across the stained carpet and pushed open the door, making even the most stoned guy in the room jump at the sight of Christian�s beaten face.

There were two other buddies of Christian�s besides Derek and two random girls they brought over. They were all watching bad Christmas movies while drinking, smoking, or playing pool, trying to get the lonely holidays over with. Everyone stopped what they were doing and came back to reality as if a cop had just entered the room about to bust them.

�Oh man what happened to you?� Tommy, an enormous body builder asked standing up abruptly. He was always looking for an excuse to fight, which made Derek and Christian wonder if he�d taken steroids before.

�I don�t think I�ve ever seen you lose a fight,� Jordan stated. Jordan was a short but agile guy that was on his way to a black belt in karate. He would always challenge Christian to fights, determined that one day he�d win. Seeing his opponent like this was shocking, yet somewhat pleasing.

Derek dropped the pool stick he was holding letting it tumble to the ground, his brown eyes filled with worry. �Who did this to you?� he whispered harshly with how furious he was becoming.

Christian put his hand up showing he didn�t want to talk about it, ,and sauntered to the living room slowly sitting himself down on the couch.

Derek told everyone else to stay in the other room, and went out to join his friend. Both of Christian�s eyes were swelled shut and bruises were already forming on his face.

�I�ll take you to a hospital,� Derek offered.

�No, I hate hospitals.�

Derek knew that was the end of that discussion. �I didn�t know you were going to go on a drop without me. Here let me get you a towel or something.� he said going into the kitchen and throwing him a dish towel.

�I didn�t go on a drop, I let Hallie�s father kick my a*s,� Christian admitted while dabbing at his face.

�Hallie�s dad? Are you kidding me? Isn�t he like a senior citizen by now or something?� Derek said trying to keep from laughing.

�I couldn�t do it. I came there planning to kick his a*s if he tried to stop me, but it�s her dad. Plus she didn�t want me anyway.�

�So that�s where you went after dinner on Christmas Eve.�

�Yeah,� Christian nodded. �Also I�m moving to New York,� he added casually, as if he was just going to the grocery store nearby.

�You�re what?� Derek exclaimed.

�I can�t be here anymore, living in that place.�

�Just move in with me like before, I mean why New York?�

�It�s my kind of place. When I moved here I wanted to change, but I just seem to be even more stuck in my past than before,� Christian tried to explain. Christian never stayed in the same place once for very long, besides living with his abusive uncle for six years on and off he had always moved away, whether Child Protective Services ordered it, or whether he ran away and lived on the streets. He was a drifter by nature, always had been, but maybe moving to New York would be permanent, maybe it could replace what he really wanted to be permanent in his life.

�Well I want to go too,� Derek replied, as a typical little brother type of friend would.

Christian laughed in response. �No I can�t let you do that, you got your family here and stuff.�

�You were my family first. I don�t know I need to change too.�

�What do you mean?� Christian asked.

�The drugs, just everything. I mean now that my grandparents are in my life and stuff, I want to do more than deal drugs. I don�t really know what yet, but there has to be something better, don�t you think?�

�Yeah. You always strum that f*****g guitar, NYU has one of the best music programs around, and broke a******s like us can probably get some financial aid or something,� Christian replied.

�Me a musician, now that�s funny,� Derek chuckled. �Well what about you? What do you want to do there?�

�I don�t know yet, I just want to leave, and soon.�

�Alright, well I guess we have to tell everyone we�re moving,� Derek said excitedly.

Christian nodded tiredly leaning his head back against the couch.

�Hey, I�m sorry it didn�t work out with her.�

Christian wanted to tell him not to worry about it, that it wouldn�t have worked out anyway, but even Derek would have known that was a lie. Instead he ignored the apology and head to the bathroom. He doused cold sink water onto his face, knowing that it would probably take more than a week for his injuries to heal, but to get over Hallie would just take one drunken night with some hot s**t. At least that�s what he wanted to believe.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Why couldn't she just admit what her heart wanted! Argh! Why is it that My emotions go on a rollar coaster every time I read from this story! Your characters are so real! The feelings they feel to the life experiences they get stuck in are so plausible, as if you could go out and find people like Haile and Christian. Hell, i've known a few in my time like that.

This Story is A momentous read! Please let me know when the next chapter is up!

You are an incredible writer! I so want to see this story published some day and make it onto the big screen as well!

Eternally Your's
Infinity's Shadow

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i second poetic wolf. please let me know when you post the new chapter up

Posted 11 Years Ago


i love this whole book
i can't wait to read the next chapter
=D

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Alright, your the writer, I'm the reader, sorry for being mad, but GEEZ!! LOL

I agree with that person, this would make an awesome movie! haha :)

awesome write!! I'll catchya in a minute on your next chapter!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Why couldn't she just admit what her heart wanted! Argh! Why is it that My emotions go on a rollar coaster every time I read from this story! Your characters are so real! The feelings they feel to the life experiences they get stuck in are so plausible, as if you could go out and find people like Haile and Christian. Hell, i've known a few in my time like that.

This Story is A momentous read! Please let me know when the next chapter is up!

You are an incredible writer! I so want to see this story published some day and make it onto the big screen as well!

Eternally Your's
Infinity's Shadow

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

ohhhhhhh sad chapter :( its ok cause i konw shell find em at the airport or some s**t hahahah isnt that how it always is???

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1000 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 23, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..