Control Freak

Control Freak

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

All of you that have been reading are going to hate me lol! Besides that...i don't know how good this chapter is. its SO hard for me to write about hallie trying to forget about xtian, since this whole time i've been talking about how much she loves him

"
Control Freak

        �Look David, I heard everything, and I�m sorry she did that to you, but I�m so worried about her. She�s just been sleeping for days, she hardly ever comes out of her room and she won�t eat anything. Her parents have like, practically disowned her. I tried calling them and there�s no answer. Could you just talk to her please? I know it�s a lot to ask, but she�s miserable, I�ve never seen her like this.�

Abby had been trying all morning to convince David to come over. She knew it was selfish to bother him only four days after everything that happened, but she was desperate. Plus it was New Years Eve, and she just wanted her friend back for the last of the winter holidays.

�I might just make things worse. I mean, she cheated on me Abby. Not just once, but a bunch of times. Why would she want to see me? I don�t know if I can see her,� David debated.

�I know you don�t, and I don�t blame you, but I�m scared for her. She wouldn�t want me to tell you this, but��

�But what?� David asked suspiciously.

�I found her in the bathroom, she was about to take all these pills, like she wanted to kill herself. Thank god I came on time, and I�ve just been here watching her because I don�t know what she�s going to do!� Abby said beginning to tremble with emotion.

Silence came over the phone as David contemplated what she just said.

�I�ll be there in a half hour.�

Once the phone clicked off, Abby was filled with relief. It was funny, she�d been rooting for Hallie to be with Christian this whole time, but right now after talking to David she realized that he wasn�t such a bad guy. In fact he was a great one, selflessly forgetting his own pain to come make sure his ex-girlfriend was okay, equals great guy.

What Hallie did to Christian was awful as well, although in her opinion David had it worse, being the boyfriend who got cheated on, but here David was, a half hour away, not running off to New York, not becoming completely unreachable the way Christian had. Maybe Christian wasn�t Hallie�s boyfriend, and had every right to go wherever he pleased after being led on, but it seemed like that�s what he�d do when things got bad. He�d leave, just like he left so many years ago.

It hurt Abby�s head to think about it, so she waited by the front door for David�s arrival. He finally pulled up in his brand new forest green Mercedes he�d gotten as a gift from his parents for Christmas, and getting out Abby saw that he looked completely unscathed from the recent chaos in his life. His brown hair was neatly slicked back like normal, not all over the place like Hallie�s, and he was dressed in a preppy Ralph Loren polo shirt and pants while Hallie was in some nightgown she�d been wearing for almost a week now. For the first time Abby noticed how they balanced each other out, David was the strong, calm one, and for now Hallie was the out of control one.

�Is she upstairs?� David asked walking to the front door.

�Yes, thank you so much for coming,� Abby said letting him inside.

He walked up the three flights of steps and entered her bedroom. Even though she was asleep she looked so troubled, so stressed out. She turned over groaning at the noise of David�s footsteps padding across the carpet.

David looked at the girl who cheated on him, who broke his heart. He wanted to leave so badly, but he stood his ground, because he had to make sure that she was alright.

Her normally tanned face looked so pale and sickly. He lightly placed a hand on her knee and she tiredly opened her eyes, which were still bloodshot from crying.

�David?� she uttered in disbelief.

�It�s so hard to look at you right now, but I had to come.�

Hallie sat up confused, waiting for an explanation. Why on earth would he want to see her?

�Did you try and hurt yourself?� David asked delicately, as if she was about to fling herself out the window if he didn�t ask nicely.

Hallie looked down at her bed spread ashamed and nodded. Of course Abby told David, she was a good friend and she cared, but it was horrible acknowledging it, especially to her ex.

�Damnit why would you do that? Was it because of him?� David demanded.

�It was a lot of things, it wasn�t just him. It was you, it was my family, it was just not wanting to be here anymore,� Hallie admitted.

�Well it�s not worth ending your life over.�

�But I feel so bad what I did to you, to everyone. I�ve been so sick about the whole thing, I don�t know where to go from here.�

�Do you expect me to feel sorry for you?� David exclaimed.

�No! Not at all! I don�t even know why you came here, I�m surprised you would even care if I died,� Hallie said tucking her knotted hair behind her ear.

�Don�t be so dramatic, I don�t want you to die, but will you promise me you won�t do that anymore? You really put a scare into Abby, and to me,� David scolded.

�I promise I won�t do that again.�

�And you know, maybe you should get out of bed, enjoy the remainder of the year. It�s New Year�s Eve you know.�

�Is it? I�ve been so exhausted, completely forgot. I�d rather just sleep through it.�

�No, Abby says you�ve been sleeping for days. Why don�t you get out of bed and take a warm shower. As much as you hurt me, I hate seeing you like this. Please I�m asking you, you owe me that much Hallie.�

�Okay,� she agreed, weakly stepping out of bed. Her legs felt funny from laying down for so long, and she felt dizzy from not eating.

David helped her into the bathroom turning on the shower water as she undressed.

�You should be leaving me to rot away in my room after what I did to you. Why are you doing this?� Hallie asked before stepping into the shower.

�We�ll talk about it afterwards,� he decided, shutting the bathroom door behind him.

After Hallie finally bathed, did her hair, and got dressed, she went downstairs where they were watching some cheesy pre New Years Eve party on MTV. David and Abby hadn�t noticed that she came in, and she stood remaining behind the sofa they were sitting on. Everything looked like a blur to Hallie, she�d been in her living room a hundred times, but somehow it looked different than before.

�I�m sorry I caused both of you so much trouble,� Hallie said making both David and Abby jump.

�It wasn�t trouble, I was hope nothing like that ever happens again, I don�t want to lose you, � Abby said getting up to hug her friend.

�I won�t, I already promised David,� Hallie choked the words out wrapped up in Abby�s tight hug.

�Would you mind giving us a minute alone?� David requested.

�Not at all, you�ve been great. Thank you again,� Abby smiled leaving the room.

Feeling timid Hallie sat herself on the sofa with her hands folded across her lap. She had no idea what was coming, but she knew whatever it was she deserved it.

�You don�t have to stay here David, go enjoy your New Years Eve,� Hallie said not looking up.

There was no reply, and after several minutes of quiet she finally looked up at his face, and wanted to kill herself all over again. He was looking straight ahead, his hand tucked underneath his chin contemplatively with tears streaming down his face. It was so strange because she hadn�t even heard him cry. Then again she�d never seen him cry before She wished she could be like that, not shake, turn red, and sniffle snot all over the place. Even when he was crying he had himself under control.

Hallie had no idea what to say. Saying sorry seemed so meaningless, it wouldn�t change anything but it was the only thing she could think of, but before she could utter an apology he interrupted her thoughts.

�My friends wanted to take me to a frat party tonight, to forget about you, but that�s the conflict here, because I don�t want to be anywhere else. I never wanted to be, so why did you? Why did you want to stray from me, why did you want to be with him?�

�David-,�

�No. I don�t understand, I mean what did I do wrong?�

�It wasn�t your fault. He just happened, he happened to me again and I couldn�t control myself. I know that�s not what you want to hear, but it�s the truth,� she explained.

�What you couldn�t control yourself sexually? I wasn�t good enough for you?� David said, his normally passive voice growing louder and louder.

�No, it wasn�t like that, as much as you want to assume it was just about sex.�

�Then what was it like?�

Hallie sighed realizing that what she was about to say was something she hardly admitted to herself yet.

�Do you know how long six years is? It isn�t very long, not when you�ve known someone your entire life. I loved him David, and I didn�t know I still did until I saw him again.�

�Well if you weren�t over him then you shouldn�t have started anything with me!�

�That�s just the thing. I mean, I thought if I ever saw him again I�d tell him how much I hated him, and realize what garbage he was, realize that my parents were right about him, but that wasn�t the case. All the old feelings I had for him crept up on me, they took me over, I didn�t want them to David I swear. I never meant for any of this to happen.�

�Of course you didn�t, if you didn�t get caught you�d probably still be cheating!�

�That isn�t true, I was planning to tell you.�

David rubbed his aching head and stood up walking over to the window sill.

�Do you still love him?�

Hallie thought long and hard about it. Of course she would always love him deeply, he was her first love, which is something no one ever just forgets about, but did she love him, as in wanting to be with him?

The vision of her photograph flying into the street suddenly entered her mind. She would have sacrificed it all to be with him, which she did at one point in her life. Whenever she was around him she was willing to give up everything, and she hated that about herself. She hated the power he had over her, how she became so brainless around him. The truth was that she loved him so much she�d do anything for him, just like she pathetically did for her family, and since she already felt so controlled by her parents, for once in her life she wanted to be in control. Being with Christian made that impossible.

�I will always care about him, but no, I don�t love him anymore,� Hallie answered resolutely.

David looked her over, trying to find any hint of dishonesty in her statement but he found none, and after that, like most people do after being cheated on, he wanted to forget the whole thing ever happened.

�Don�t think you�re even close to being off the hook yet, but if you�re not doing anything tonight I�d like to spend New Years Eve with you,� David put forward.

�That sounds perfect,� Hallie agreed smiling.

As the evening progressed and it became 11:59 pm, both David and Hallie were tipsy off of homemade champagne sorbet punch, and were about to become more so. Nothing better than that to slowly put a relationship back together.

�To new beginnings,� they said in unison clanking their glasses together.

Yeah, to new beginnings, and hopefully she wouldn�t come across anymore guys that she couldn�t control herself around. When the ball dropped on the 60 inch plasma screen, and fireworks sounded outside from boats roaming the ocean, she kissed David thankfully for not being that guy.








© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Oh yea, and I know it needs some editing too lol trust me :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Eagerly waiting now to see what chain of events leads Hallie to New York... I don't believe the things she said to David for one minute.

Quick question, not being from US, but what is the distance Christian travelled by bike to New York?

Anyway, I like the way the chapter is written, sort of fills in the spaces before the next trauma in her life with Christian. I didn't see anything that needs a lot of editing. Well done.





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Eagerly waiting now to see what chain of events leads Hallie to New York... I don't believe the things she said to David for one minute.

Quick question, not being from US, but what is the distance Christian travelled by bike to New York?

Anyway, I like the way the chapter is written, sort of fills in the spaces before the next trauma in her life with Christian. I didn't see anything that needs a lot of editing. Well done.





Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmm...Well, it could have turned out worse. I actually would have to agree with Abby. They do make a good match, yin and yang type of thing.
I think that at this point the story has come to a transition point. Some new turn of events is going to happen out of the blue when it's least expected! I just know it! Another round of tests for Haile to have to muddle her way through.

Another great illuminating chapter!
Infinity's Shadow
Aaron

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i am sorry ,but this halle is never my type ,i would never like to mess with with someone like her ,never ,even her boyfriend ,i think he is just like her ,i think they fit together well ,they make a perfect couple ,only if they leave that other poor guy alone and so trhey go play far ,they burn anyone who is near i would stay as far as i can from both of them ,sorry ,i am cruel to her ,but her actions are just unbearable,nontheless ita a good write,M

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This opens so many doors and now I can only wonder which door she will choose. More!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

793 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 1, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


FORBIDDEN FORBIDDEN

A Story by Windy