Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

This will be my last thing I post for a while. Some people have said its too repetitive or boring, and its because I'm trying to write a novel, so i'm going to just write it first, edit the hell out of it then post. Thank u to all that have been reading

"
Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

�How�s it going? I need to get the tires changed on my bike,� Christian said leaning on the counter of a motorcycle repair shop.

�Yeah no problem, just have a seat there. Shane will come around to look at it in a second,� a short but hardcore looking Harley Davidson rider muttered.

�Thanks man.�

After driving nearly three thousand miles to New York on his motorcycle, the tires had worn away greatly, and definitely were in need of some new ones. Christian stumbled upon Shane�s Motorcycle and Engine Repair Shop one night while he was out at a bar yet again, and had drunkenly scribbled down the address on a napkin. Being a maintenance man himself he could tell the place wouldn�t rip him off too much and get what he needed done.

�Hi I�m Shane, what brings you here today?� an in shape middle aged man with jet black hair greeted, wiping his greased up hand off on a rag before shaking Christian�s.

�Well dude, I pretty much drove all the way here from California, so I just need to get the tires changed and everything checked out.�

�I can tell you�re from California, no one says dude around here�, he laughed heartily along with the rest of the shop.

�I used to live here, long time ago,� Christian hastily argued.

�Well in that case we�ll make an exception for you,� Shane smirked. �Lets just have a look at her then,� he said walking out to where the motorcycle was parked.

Once he saw it he tilted his head in curiosity at the custom designed mural of a howling wolf surrounded by flames.

�You�re bike definitely isn�t from around here either, where did you get these graphics done? I know some of the best motorcycle artists across America, I got to all of the custom painted motorcycle showcases, but I don�t recognize this work.�

�Uh, I did that myself actually,� Christian admitted slightly embarrassed. As an artist he was his own worst critic, and when people looked or commented on his art it made him feel extremely self-conscious.

Shane�s jaw dropped in admiration, and he didn�t look like a guy that got surprised much.

�This is some damn good work!� he commented. �Did you run a custom paint business back home or something?�

�No, I mean a few friends had me do paint jobs on their bikes, but that�s it,� Christian shrugged.

�I used to do some myself, but running the shop has got me so busy I don�t offer it anymore. What�s your name kid?�

�Christian West.�

�Well Mr. West, how about I cut you a deal? I�ll fix up your bike for you, new brakes, anything, I�ll handle it, but I want you to come work for me. I�ve been looking for a talented artist so we could offer custom paint jobs to customers. You�d be on call twenty four hours a day, and after I fix your bike you�ll get a good cut of the cost. How does that sound?�

Christian looked at him completely baffled. Was he actually serious?

�That sounds awesome, but, are you sure? I mean, you just met me.�

�This work is too good to pass up,� Shane said brushing his leathery fingers along the smooth chrome of the bike.

�Thank you,� he replied still in shock.

�You�re bike will be taken care of, I�ll be in touch with you soon. Don�t flake out on me man,� Shane warned.

�I won�t,� Christian promised a little too enthusiastically.
Leaving his bike he hailed a cab home, anxious to tell Derek the good news. For the first time in a while he was smiling about something other than Hallie Harris, and that only made him smile even more. The cab drove on past the still Christmas decorated Rockefeller Center. He thought looking at the gigantic Christmas tree and two golden angels blowing their horns would put him on even more of a high than he already was, but instead his heart slowed down, and the excitement of his new job became replaced with the loneliness and longing he had for his own angel, custom designed onto his chest. He wished he could just call up and tell Hallie the news, he wished that she wanted him to be a part of her life, but he�d just have to get used to living without her. He pulled down his shirt to look at it, thinking that Hallie was far more beautiful then Rockefeller Center could ever be, no matter how much work was put into it.

Soon the Christmas decorations would come down, and soon, in fact tonight it would be a new year. It was time for change, time for a new tattoo, but no matter what he inked over it, flames, a wolf, or even another girls face, the angel hybrid human would still be underneath



© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Rough draft, wasn't too concerned with wording just plot for this one, i know its bad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow... psychic or what... thanks for answering my question in the review of your last chapter...lol...
Anyway, I do hope it's not the last chapter you post for a while. Yes it gets a bit frustrating that we don't have a 'happily-ever-after' ending yet, but I keep hoping.
Rough draft I see.. then I won't bother with pointing out any errors. Keep writing, it is excellent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

oh wow, this could really take Christian places.. his art work I mean..

Hallie might see it broadcasted or something and try to find him lol.... ooh I can't believe I haven't been keepin up with this story!! Its still as good as ever!.. though slightly more tragic lol.

great work yet again!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow... psychic or what... thanks for answering my question in the review of your last chapter...lol...
Anyway, I do hope it's not the last chapter you post for a while. Yes it gets a bit frustrating that we don't have a 'happily-ever-after' ending yet, but I keep hoping.
Rough draft I see.. then I won't bother with pointing out any errors. Keep writing, it is excellent.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have enjoyed each chapter of this and simply put....to hell with what "some" people say. You write it, I'll read it and enjoy every minute of it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

515 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 2, 2008
Last Updated on July 2, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..