Blackbirds

Blackbirds

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Foreshadowing what will happen. Short n sweet.

"
Blackbirds

It had been about two weeks since Christian got a job as a motorcycle artist. Aside from getting new tires on his bike for free, the money wasn�t exactly fantastic, but it was better than nothing. Better than going around Central Park selling drugs to upper east side brats, which was what Derek was doing. He had several close run ins with the cops doing that, but as much as Christian would try and talk him out of doing it, Derek was adamant that he�d make more money doing that than anything else.

�I made fourteen hundred bucks in ten minutes what did you make yesterday?� Derek challenged Christian.

Besides several black birds picking at the trash, they were both alone in the alley of their freezing cold apartment, tagging all over the dumpsters. Christian was about to leave for work and Derek had a �customer� coming over in a couple of hours.

�Shut the hell up,� Christian muttered with a cigarette in his mouth, as he spray painted a green skull on the dumpster, scaring away some birds.

�Why don�t you do it anymore? That damn girl got you all clean even though she rejected you?�

�Maybe I got myself clean,� Christian argued. He was so sick of hearing Derek b***h about him not dealing drugs anymore, especially hearing about getting rejected by Hallie. Christian already screwed a few girls so why was Derek still on about her anyway?

He was glad that Derek came with him to New York, but right now he was acting like an annoying little brother, while Christian was trying to be the older, more logical one.

�What are you painting today? Some butterflies? Some hearts?� Derek chuckled, putting on baseball cap over his dark hair.

�No, actually after work a bunch of us are going to this track to do some stunt motorcycling. You can come if you want, and forget about this stupid s**t,� Christian said grabbing the bag of crack out of Derek�s hands.

�No thanks� Derek said taking it back and stuffing it into his pocket.

�So you�re just going to do this for the rest of your life?�

�If I keep making the money I�m making, yeah why not?� Derek shrugged.

Christian shook his head. It was useless trying to talk him out of it, Derek had to want to quit by himself.

�I better head out,� Christian said taking one last drag on his cigarette.

�Just remember, I�m about to make twice as much as you are!�

�I wish you�d stop,� Christian said quietly as he climbed onto his motorcycle. He pulled out of the alley and looked back at his friend before he whizzed by the New York traffic, but all he could see were black birds.
        


© 2008 Evil_Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree with them... you've definitely used suspense to your advantage and I'm on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens..
great chapter!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You write this as if it's leading up to something explosive with Derek, something more than "...several close run ins with the cops..." The alternative threads hold a lot of interest in the story on top of the relationship between David, Hallie and Christian.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

short and sterdy i think dereks gona get shot soon......... something bad is gona happean itll be intertesting.......... nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Black birds...the harbingers of doom? This really does grab the reader, one of those impossible to put down chapters.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It was great!
I'm so glad you requested it.
WRITE MORE!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

516 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 11, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..