It's Happening Again

It's Happening Again

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Sad one, kind of a lot of cussign just 2 warn u.

"
It�s Happening Again

�You�re a natural kid! How long you been riding for?� Shane questioned as Christian popped a wheelie on his motorcycle like it was nothing.

�Since I was thirteen. Since I could steal. I probably stole one of your bikes back in the day,� Christian laughed.

�Well you are damn good.�

�Thank you.�

It was kind of weird for him to be hanging out with a forty-something year old, but over the past couple weeks Shane had kind of grown like a guide for Christian. Christian opened up how he was trying to turn his life around, be successful without the drugs, and Shane had been nothing but supportive about the whole situation, since he himself used to be a drug addict in his youth. Shane could see right through Christian�s tough guy act which only very few people took the time to see through.

There were a few other twenty something year old mechanics messing around on their own motorcycles, doing tricks and blasting Three Days Grace out of the subwoofers of someone�s truck.

�With the right training and practice you could win a hell of a lot of competitions,� Shane declared admiring how skilled Christian was.

�You think so?�

�Oh yeah, I know so. I won a few back in my day. �Why don�t you try standing on the bike?�

Standing? The image of himself falling off and cracking open his skull played in his head, but he figured he had nothing much to lose. Raising his feet up to the seat he slowly pushed himself up into a somewhat standing position. After a little bit he finally let go of the handle bars, concentrating on maintaining balance.

Shane and the other guys cheered amazed that he could do it the first time he ever tried.

�It�s f*****g easy!� Christian declared cockily, spreading his arms in the air. Right after he said it he lost his balance and toppled over on the ground, his motorcycle tipping over sideways.

�S**t are you alright?� one guy called out trying not to laugh.

Christian got back up cringing a little bit, he had scraped his entire leg when he fell on his side, but was excited to try again.

�Whoa, take it easy there, I think you�ve had enough for today. We�ll do some tomorrow. It�s already past midnight we�ve been out here for hours,� Shane said pulling Christian back who was limping back to the bike for more.

�Damn I didn�t realize it was that late, guess I better head out.�

It wasn�t that it was late at night, at least for him. Christian was like a vampire, he loved being out at night and could stay up for days without getting tired, but something had been bothering him all day. Something had been sitting within him since he left home today and was still there now, he just wasn�t sure what the hell it was.

�See you tomorrow kid.�

�Thanks Shane, take it easy.�

There wasn�t a lot of great days Christian West ever had in his life, but today had been one of them. Moving to New York was the best idea for him and Derek, just getting away from all that bullshit back in California was the smartest move he ever made. Speeding over the Brooklyn bridge back home, he barely wondered how Hallie was doing, if David decided to take her back. Just barely.

He saw the usual cop cars parked on the street, it wasn�t anything new in that neighborhood, then pulled into his parking spot. Upon unlocking the front door of the complex his ears were filled with noise of police radios, worried neighbors talking, and one of the cops yelling at someone to call up a forensic specialist.

Christian�s head became filled with anxiety, and he felt like he was about to pop from the pressure. Why wasn�t Derek downstairs with everyone?

�What happened here?� Christian demanded one of the officers.

�There was a shooting in 4c, it�s a bloody mess. Do you live here?�

Christian stared at the cop blankly, while his heart nearly pounded out of his chest. He shivered yet his whole body was filled with heat.

�Yeah, in 4c,� Christian answered hastily making his way up the stairs.

�Wait, you can�t go up there!�

He didn�t hear the cop, or the other ones that tried to stop him from looking in his apartment. He distantly pushed them aside to see past the caution tape, at what he was hoping more than anything wasn�t there.

�You took my parents, please say you didn�t take him too,� Christian said to himself. Not exactly religious he wasn�t sure who he was talking to, just anyone that would listen right now.

Right when he saw who it was, he felt exactly the same as when he saw his dead parents, except this time he wasn�t a kid anymore and he understood. Derek had been shot in the chest several times it looked like, and the whole floor of the tiny apartment was covered in his blood. As he lay there lifeless, Christian thought he could hear himself screaming, but he wasn�t sure.

A cop pushed him to the other side, but Christian didn�t resist, he didn�t even feel like he was there at all, and limply sat back against the wall in shock. He felt tears stream down his face, and for one of the first times it was the kind of crying he couldn�t control, the kind he couldn�t pretend to be a man about and just stop, emotion came out uncontrollably, with pride no longer putting a stop to it.

He saw blurs of people walking by, trying to talk to him, trying to shine lights in his eyes, but it was no use. He had let his best friend died, his brother was gone. He forgot about trying to talk Derek out of doing drugs, he forgot about trying to save him, and took on all the responsibility of his death the instant he saw him. He bit down on his lip so hard that blood trickled out of his mouth, but he didn�t even taste it. Then something finally brought him out of his state of shock.

�Who did this?� Christian demanded hoarsely. �Do you know yet? Where is he?�

�He was shot only a couple of hours ago, we don�t know yet. We do know there were drugs involved� a detective quietly explained pointing at the same bagged up cocaine Christian saw that morning.

�You useless mother fuckers. You never know who did it do you? I�ll find them, then I�ll f*****g bring back their head,� Christian swore solemnly, as he shakily stood up, flinching painfully as he took one last look.

�Young man you can�t leave, we still need you for questioning, you�re roommate would want to you stay calm,� an officer called after him as he walked away.

�He wasn�t my roommate he was my brother.�

�You are not permitted to leave!�

�Shoot me then!� Christian hollered punching the apartments entryway glass door, causing it to loudly shatter. His hand immediately began to bleed but he didn�t even feel it. No one stopped him as he walked to the streets outside.

His face was soaking wet with perspiration and tears, and his whole body felt like it was going to collapse. He had no idea where he was headed but he was going to find Derek�s killer no matter what it took.





        


© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Would like to add and elaborate more, this is just the gyst of it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very nice written a little twisted some cussing some blood this is pretty dang good. ^_^ But what it lacks you need more emotion in the cops try to make them stop him. Cause really cops don't let suspects go on a shoot out after one just happen they actually bring him in for questioning. I think that's what they do and if you want to know how to make your story longer pm me kk?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i knew it!! you portrayed his pain perfectly.. it was as if I was there.. great job!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Lovely story line, not what the contest is looking for but I definately am going to read the rest of the book.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice written a little twisted some cussing some blood this is pretty dang good. ^_^ But what it lacks you need more emotion in the cops try to make them stop him. Cause really cops don't let suspects go on a shoot out after one just happen they actually bring him in for questioning. I think that's what they do and if you want to know how to make your story longer pm me kk?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

very exicting chapter and the plot thickens wooooo nice job

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What a sudden twist, another loss for Christian. But then where drugs are concerned not unexpected.
Very good!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

nooo man :(

poor derek..

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

702 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 14, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Place Our Place

A Chapter by Evil_Angel