no use in crying part 2

no use in crying part 2

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

addition to last chapter

"
No Use in crying part 2
Hallie woke up with her legs outstretched among the hotel carpet and her white bathrobe strewn about so that she was nearly flashing anyone who walked by. Normally she would have felt extremely self conscious, the first thing that usually came to her mind when she woke up was her appearance, but this time, it was Christian West, although she felt as if he�d never left her mind at all. For sleeping against a wall, her slumber had been surprisingly restful, and she almost felt calmed, as if someone did or said something to soothe her to sleep.
The memory of things going awry the night before quickly stirred her wide awake and she gathered up her pile of clothes turning the corner to see if Christian was still in the room. Her heart sunk in her chest when she saw the bed sheets being fluffed and smoothed by the maids. He had already left, and it was clear that he hadn�t seen her, or worse, had seen her, and had the strength enough to just walk away. She only wished that she did too. Instead she called up her 24 hour on call private jet to fly her away.
In the blur of the taxi cab speeding through Times Square to the airport, Hallie saw an advertisement for The Phantom of the Opera on Broadway. She�d seen the play a million times before. It was by far her favorite play, maybe because it applied so much to her life. Christine was stuck between two very different men, drawn into two very different worlds by each one. She wondered who would play the role of the Phantom, Christian or David. Christian was definitely more like the outcast Phantom, but he was also Raoul, the childhood sweetheart. She had no idea what role David played, but now he could be either one since Christian was out of the picture.


© 2008 Evil_Angel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Can't stop wondering what lies she's going to tell David when she gets back. Could have been an interesting scenario if the guys that tried to mug her had got away with the ring... ah, but then Christian wouldn't have seen it. Pay no heed, just mumbling to myself... lol

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Out of the picture? Mmm...I think somewhere, somehow Christian will reappear.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

406 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..