Dreaming Awake

Dreaming Awake

A Chapter by Evil_Angel
"

Ok, so theres supposed to be a chapter before this but its on my laptop which doesnt have internet. The other ch. is just hallie having lunch with her mom and breaking the news about Hot Girls to her friends and family after she filmed the first episode,

"
Dreaming Awake

        It started with just a dreamless sleep, with the faint scent of cigarette smoke somehow creeping into the dream. Then, a feeling of panicked pain took over, and the nightmare began. He was in front of his parents old house, except it wasn't old and worn away, it was new just like it had been before it became abandoned. He stood tall, not as a little boy, but as the six foot four muscular man he was now. He stood in the street, knowing what was coming, and unable to move from where he was, like you often can't in dreams, the medical technicians began rolling out the gourney, and he was forced to look. Instead of the two for his parents it was just one, and it was completely uncovered. The sight at first was blurry, impossible to see. Once it rolled closer into view, Christian's eyes widened in horror to see that the lifeless body was actually Derek. He looked just like he did when Christian had made the foolish choice to peer around the corner into the murder scene, bloody and forever frozen with the look of shock and pain on his face. A loud scream erupted within him and he sat straight up with his eyes open, but still with the visualization of his nightmare. The room soon blended into sight as he woke up, panting for breath.

"Wow, you have some f*****g psychological problems don't you?" Krystal's voice said lowly from across the room, taking a drag on her cigarettte.

It took a minute to find where she was standing in the darkness, and still she was just a shadowy figure, with the smoke seeping across the room.

"Yeah probably," Christian answered after finally catching his breath. He could see her staring at him curiously from across the room. "I didn't wake you or anything right?"

"No, I just got back from work."

Christian raised his eyebrows when he looked at the clock on the bedside table. Three in the morning and she was just getting back from work? Well those were usually the work hours of a Go Go dancer. Or a stripper.

For the past nearly month they'd been dating, (if screwing is considered dating), Christian had been staying over at her place, falling asleep before she even left for work at eleven thirty at night. It was nice not spending the nights on Shane's couch, especially when he felt like he was a burden. With Krystal he couldn't care less.

The investigation of Derek's murder had ceased, and the apartment had been cleaned and was available to live in again. Without a roommate money would be tight, but it was still possible to afford. Christian had been trying so hard to find the courage to go back and live there, but he couldn't even bring himself to turn on the street. He figured it would be alright to stay with Krystal for the time being, especially since he didn't stay there much, only to sleep.

He'd been bulking up like crazy in the gym, working out once, sometimes twice a day, plus doing heavy mechanical work at the shop six days a week, but no matter how physically strong he was becoming, nothing was getting rid of the mental agony he suffered every time he went to bed. Nothing like that "time heals all wounds" bullshit would take affect when the nightmares would constantly return. Nothing except the temporary distraction of doing Krystal, and immersing himself in his work at the shop.

"I can't believe you still have nightmares at twenty four years old. I haven't had a nightmare since I was like, eight," Krystal remarked tossing her purse on the floor and flopping down on the bed next to Christian.

In his mind he wanted to tell her to shut the hell up about it, and that he already was embarrassed enough. Then he remembered how his Uncle would get so angry every time Christian had a nightmare because he would scream so loudly in his sleep. He felt his shoulders tighten defensively, like an animal that had done something wrong.

"I'm sorry," Christian apologized ashamed, slicking back the sweat drenched hair out of his eyes.

As if she didn't hear him, Krystal reached for the remote on the bedside table and turned on the TV.

"What do you dream about that's so bad anyway?" she asked flipping channels.

He almost laughed thinking how it would sound to Krystal if he explained his crazy dreams. There was no way in hell she'd understand, he didn't want her to. He looked down at the cuts at his wrists which now faded into light scars. He couldn't believe how stupid he'd been to mutilate himself like that. He knew he'd done it because he was high during the time, but he also knew that Krystal was right, he had problems, and worst of all he had no idea how to fix them. How could you fix something that you couldn't punch, couldn't see, could only feel?

Immediately the image of the little castle in the forest came to mind, it wasn't just a place to hide, but it was the only image of peace he could think of. Just staying behind the stone wall, as if it was a barricade to the outside world. He remembered wishing it would freeze over so he could stay inside forever. Maybe that's how he could live, never facing the conflict outside the castle, just pretending everything was okay. As ideal as that sounded, he knew that eventually the ice would melt away, and his problems would still be waiting for him just outside.

Then again there sat Krystal right next to him, a coldhearted girl that could care less about what he was going through, that never talked to him or tried to get to know him. As screwed up as he knew it was, he almost loved her for it.

He looked to see that she was still clicking the remote, her eyes glossed over at the TV screen. Forcefully he pried the remote out of her hands, clicked the power button, tossed it on the bedside table, and began kissing her.

"No!" she protested through his vigorous kisses. "I'm waiting for this new show that's about to air again right now!" she said reaching for the remote and turning the TV back on.

Christian tucked his arms around her hips and easily lifted her entire body, setting her onto his lap. "Can't that wait?" he whispered pressing his lips to her ear, knowing well that she wouldn't be able to resist. Then he pulled her hair, moving her head around to face him. Now he knew for sure that she wouldn't say no.

"Mmm," she moaned as he grazed her neck with his teeth. She quickly reciprocated him by jamming her pierced tongue down his throat. His arms clutched tighter and tighter around her body, completely supporting her weight. All he wanted to do was forget everything by watching Krystal get off.

Krystal tore off the t-shirt he had worn to bed and Christian pulled her little black shorts that she always wore to work off her and to the floor.

"What got into you?" she asked. He could barely hear her over the noise of the TV. Then as he was kissing her, something felt strange, and a feeling of weightlessness came over him. He slowed his kissing, then out of pure shock at the noise resonating in the room, let go of Krystal causing her to fall hard from the bed to the floor.

"What the f**k?" Krystal shrieked angrily.

A chill went up Christian's back, and he was afraid to turn around but he had to look. He knew who it was, he knew her voice.

As if she was actually in the room, Christian's heart nearly pounded out of his chest at the sight of the TV screen. His jaw practically dropped to the floor where Krystal was still complaining. He felt the dampness from the instant perspiration beginning to form around his neck and chest.

Finally he remembered to breathe, and a wide smile spread across his face at seeing Hallie Harris, a very made up Hallie Harris, with tons of dark eye make up and dark pink lips, seductively nibbling cherry pie off the end of a fork.

"Oh it's so good," she moaned into the camera.

Christian erupted into loud laughter that Krystal's neighbors could probably hear. "Holy s**t!" he doubled over unable to quit laughing, half in excitement of seeing her on TV, half with how funny and outrageous she seemed. He shook his head in disbelief at her outfit. He almost had to look away when the camera panned down to the short little plaid school girl skirt, his absolute weakness, and then back up to her black ribbed tank top, with the pink writing Hot Girls That Can Cook written across it. He cracked up again when he read the words. Hot Girls That Can Cook, he exclaimed in his mind, only causing him to laugh more. He could barely hear anything she was saying, still in shell shock that she was on TV. He could tell she was slightly nervous by her flushed cheeks, and by the way her pretty blue eyes kept looking down then looking back up again into the camera. His laughter finally subsided into a smile, and he found himself having to catch his breath. How could he have forgotten the effect she had on him only after a month? Even if she wasn't in person, and just on a TV screen he was still taken aback by her beauty.

The camera then panned out with all the girls standing in a line across the stage, but Christian only kept her eyes on her. The audience filed out down the aisles to the stage, and the girls individually talked to each of them, including several guys looking like they were drooling over the girls. As if Christian wasn't drooling either, well over one girl. The ending credits scrolled down the screen, and he beamed as he saw her name flash by. It was really her, on freaking nation television. He still couldn't believe it and didn't know what to do with himself.

Krystal had managed to pick herself up off the floor, and was glaring menacingly at Christian, who was still daydreaming in disbelief. She tapped her foot waiting for an explanation, decided it wasn't coming soon enough, and reached her arm all the way back to punch him hard near his eye.

Christian gritted his teeth and touched the spot where she hit him.

"What the hell was that?" she roared in his face.

"I--, look I'm sorry I dropped you on the floor okay? Damn, I must admit you hit hard for a girl."

"Good! I wanted it to hurt!" Krystal grinned obviously happy with herself. Could she be anymore of a freak? "Now what the f**k was that? You better tell me before I smack you again!"

"I just saw someone I knew on there, that's all."

"You are so weird! First you want to do me, then you drop me on the ground because you want to drool over some w***e on TV?"

"Says the go-go dancer," Christian mumbled.

With that, Krystal went absolutely ape s**t and began punching at him wildly, definitely not going for style points, but effectively hitting him in the face several times.

Christian had never hit a girl, and wasn't about to, so instead he grabbed both of her hands tightly holding them together, then pinned her against the wall. "Krystal, calm the hell down," he panted, feeling blood trickle down his face.

He should have known that being pinned against the wall would set her off, and she stretched her neck forward to bite down on his lip then mouth rape him with her tongue.

"And you call me weird," he replied pulling back at the sudden kiss. He let go of her hands, picked his shirt back up off the floor, put it on, and went back to bed under the leopard print sheets.

"You're going to get blood on my pillows stupid."

Christian purposely turned his face over and rubbed it back and forth across the pillow chuckling to himself as blood seeped on the fabric. Krystal turned off the light, laid down on top of the covers and turned over in the opposite direction of him.

"Goodnight you stupid a*****e."

"Night w***e."

Now that's what you call a mature relationship.

Christian went back to bed still smiling to himself about Hallie. He wondered how she got discovered to be on TV in the first place, or if she just auditioned or something. It wasn't like her to put herself in the limelight, she seemed a little bit uncomfortable, but he was proud of her, and wondered if this all meant she was going to be famous and well known.

Hot Girls That Can Cook. Who would have guessed it? He couldn't argue with the fact that she was a hot girl that could cook, but to him she was just a princess, and out of that skimpy skirt and tank top she was a girl who wore over the top girly designer dresses, never wore dark makeup, and liked to ride her horse at weird hours when everyone else was asleep.

He knew that was the little girl he used to know, and not the current woman that was obviously living a glamorous life in Hollywood, and married to David by now. It was the person that he'd been stupid enough to let go of twice, once as a little girl, and once as a woman, knowing both times that she was too good for him. The question remained in his mind, who was he good enough for?

He still felt the sting where Krystal hit him, and the several other marks on his face that were probably going to be swollen when he woke up. Was he good enough for a girl, that besides giving him what he wanted in bed, treated him like complete s**t? Who knew, but he had a feeling that he wouldn't have anymore nightmares the rest of the night after seeing the prettiest girl in the world on TV before he went to bed.








© 2008 Evil_Angel


Author's Note

Evil_Angel
Thank GOD they brought back the old text ediot. I was going to kill someone.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

good chapter......... i think the krystal chick is like my new favorite character cus shes absoutley bonkers...........i loved it............ the only small mistake i saw.......... was the nation........... i think you meant national television............ not to be picky or anything you can fix it if you want........... nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I liked the beginning with the nightmare, and the part when they say 'good night' to each other ((: .

It's a great chapter but, I think that you should include an incentive in the end, to make the reader curious about what happnes next.

A.M.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice character development in Krystal, and good dialogue between her and Christian. well written

I see "nation" / national television already spoken for, so to add...

The camera then panned out with all the girls standing in a line across the stage, but Christian only kept her eyes on her.
should that be "...kept his eyes on her."



Posted 15 Years Ago


This sex/hate relationship with Krystal sooner or later will drive him back to Hallie, so it will be interesting to see how long that will take.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

good chapter......... i think the krystal chick is like my new favorite character cus shes absoutley bonkers...........i loved it............ the only small mistake i saw.......... was the nation........... i think you meant national television............ not to be picky or anything you can fix it if you want........... nice work

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hi Evil....
I just loved it. You had me laughing out loud at Christian and Krystal. I just KNEW it had to be Hallie on tv, that was perfect. :) :) :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

As always you have me wanting to read more...great stuff. Krystal is crazy as hell but it's funny! great work

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

672 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 17, 2008


Author

Evil_Angel
Evil_Angel

San Diego, CA



About
Sunset Fire is #2 most read book on here! Woot! Lets101 Quizzes - Blog Quiz Which Disney Princess Are You?AuroraYou're a tired old thing aren`t you? We first came under Aurora`s spell in Sleep.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Chapter by Evil_Angel


Long Gone Long Gone

A Book by Evil_Angel



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..