Sleeping Beauty

Sleeping Beauty

A Story by ExposedSiren
"

Do not read unless you are prepared for sappy girl stuff :) This was from a dream, Where I imagined a modern day Sleeping Beauty

"
She woke up with a start, looking all around for the warmth that had left her side, reaching out into the darkness and finding nothing.  Had he left?  Had he walked out, leaving her alone in this place? She sat up, refusing to turn on the light and face the empty spot, knowing that there was nothing but space.  He never walked out, and he never left her there... For he had never been here to begin with, and she had been alone from the start.  Every night was the same, a dream of comfort and ardor, of passion and feeling... and every morning was the same drop, the same weighted feeling that she had felt the day before, and the day before that...  It wasn't that she was simply lonely, nor that she was simply fantasizing...  Many a suitor had come, and many had been turned away, for her heart belonged to one.  She had decided long ago that she would not settle until she found him, and instead stayed locked inside herself, waiting.  He was awake, and alive, and she knew.  She could feel it in every step, and in every breeze that brushed her shoulder... She wondered what his name was, as she could hum a tune she had placed for him, but had yet to learn what to call him.  She wondered what his favorite color might be, and if it matched hers, and why...  Day by day she hummed his tune, pondered his identity.  She had never seen him, only felt the pull, the magnificent lovely heat that presented itself mostly in her dreams.  It was better than any crush, than any drug... but was always so quick to leave her. She knew deep down that one day, she would find him.  She refused to sleep unless she needed it, afraid that any moment spent in her dream world could be the moment she missed his reality.   She awaited the day that she would get to meet the source of her warmth... She awaits the day she can hum her tune, and have him finish the song. 

© 2015 ExposedSiren


Author's Note

ExposedSiren
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8waJ7W3QcJc

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
Added on April 1, 2015
Last Updated on April 5, 2015
Tags: Girls, Girly, Sappy, Love, Lust, Pain, Romance

Author

ExposedSiren
ExposedSiren

Elsewyr, CA



About
I'm just as lost as you are. more..

Writing