Natural Law (broken and torn)

Natural Law (broken and torn)

A Story by Exsanguination
"

A praise to the beauty of Nature

"

Nature is everything we are not--patient and pure. We, in our essence, are a product of nature, but have severed all innocence with a passion for chaos. I have witnessed an individual make a comment that she “couldn’t last a whole hour alone in ‘nature’ without her phone because it is too boring.” (we were in my college Psych class discussing an assignment to spend a solo hour in nature). The average person can’t stand the simplicity of nature because it is too beautiful--because it is everything we are not, and we can’t stand that.

On a positive note, I adore the concept of nature; the birds represent the power of expression, an expression that even the greatest works of art dedicated to nature fail to capture. The feeling of pure nature has a hum to it; no person can capture it in expression because it’s too simple to grasp--the birds get it because they don’t think about it, they feel it instead. I think there is a distinct energy that emanates from the trees and plants that creates that hum of life the ancient Hindu’s tried to capture in the concept of Om, but couldn’t fully (as hard as they tried) because they tried to confine purity in the limits of language. Anything that was pure is no longer pure after we try to describe it: the definition of purity is freedom from any modifying addition, therefore, the moment we try to add meaning to the word it is lost in context.

So, while alone on the bank of a creek in a park, I realized that I needed to stop thinking and enjoy the experience of being surrounded by the beauty of nature. I let all thoughts go and sat there enjoying the feeling until I fell asleep--natural law broken up by the dreams of surrender to omnipotence--Fibonacci’s sequence at work like the severity of smoke spirals in the wind.

© 2013 Exsanguination


Author's Note

Exsanguination
Are you aware?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this story like appreciation of Mother nature and its great moments. You have summed it up in that first line...Well done...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Exsanguination

10 Years Ago

Always great reviews from you, friend.. Nothing better than sitting on a creek bed during a nice day.. read more
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

That is so true...You are welcome...:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
1 Review
Added on June 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 27, 2013
Tags: Nature, Beauty, Jacob Betz, Philosophy, Purity, Human Ignorance, Fibonacci Sequence, Power

Author

Exsanguination
Exsanguination

Louisville, KY



About
Expression is like a burst of acknowledgement and appreciation that we exist. I express myself best through writing, whether it be music, poetry, short stories, stream-of-conciousness rambling or what.. more..

Writing