Jack Season 0: Friendship Chapter 1

Jack Season 0: Friendship Chapter 1

A Chapter by EJ Williams
"

Read more on my website ejsmagazine.wordpress.com

"

I tightened my grip on my backpack straps and took a step farther into the world of Faekrin then I ever have before. I stood on the other side of the bars of Keiran’s cell and remembered all the dangerous beasts and horrible people (Warlock hunters and slavers) that Keiran warned me about. I took a deep, deep breath and began the slow ascent out of the dungeon cave. As I saw the sunlight streaming into the cave the thought that this was the last chance to turn back crossed my mind.

Without hesitation I stepped put into the open air.

For a moment I was disappointed. There was no sign of any of the fantastical beasts Keiran told me about. All I could see for miles was grass and rocks and the edge of a forest in the distance.

I pulled out Keiran’s note to read it once more:

“Adela,

I wish I could say all this in person, but they won’t let me wait for you.

I’m not quite sure what has happened but it seems to be that I’ve been freed… and offered a place at W.E.I.R.D.

So this is goodbye. I’ll probably never see you again, but I won’t forget you, Adela Montaigne. You have made the past 9 years of my captivity bearable.

Your friend Keiran…

I miss you already.

I crumbled up the note then uncrumbled it. I folded it neatly and slipped it into the pocket of my school uniform skirt. I’m sorry to have to prove you wrong but I won’t be abandoned. Not again. Not by YOU.

I’ll see you again, if it’s the last thing I do.



© 2017 EJ Williams


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on October 14, 2017
Last Updated on October 14, 2017
Tags: magic, wizards, witches, magic school, wizard school, magical world