Trying to Say "Sorry"

Trying to Say "Sorry"

A Chapter by Noah Scott

The drive home was not one I would ever want to have again. You could feel the tension in the air before we even got onto the highway. Though no one said anything, it was obvious, the moment we got in the car, that it would not be pleasant.

As soon as she got in the car, Regan headed straight to the seat farthest from me, put her headphones in, and glared out the window until we got home. Alice joined her in the back seat, Sofie sat up front with me while Riley and Lindsey sat in the middle row.

After we had been driving awhile, Sofie leaned over and nudged me, which hurt a lot more than it should have.

"What?" I asked, kind of nervous that this, wherever this was going, would just cause more unwelcome tension.

"Say something." she said, whispering, nodding her head towards the backseat.

"I'm waiting." I said, shaking my head.

"Waiting?" she asked, "Waiting for what exactly, an invitation?" looking at me as though I was crazy.

What was I waiting for? After this, Regan would probably avoid me as often as she could. "The proper moment." I told her, "And the proper moment is when she's not ignoring me." I added, already trying to think of how I could make it up to her.


After we got home, I headed straight to my room. I turned on my computer, thinking If there's one thing I know will cheer her up, it's a concert. And I found one, one that would use up the rest of my summer money, but it had to be this one. James was going to be playing in Downtown St. Paul next month.

I remember us, sitting in my room the day her mom died. We were listening to a mixture of policemen talking outside to her dad, my mom crying over the loss of her best friend, and my James CD. She just sobbed, screaming into my chest. The only thing she had managed to say before she broke down was, "It's my fault. It's my fault she's dead."


I went over to her house to try and talk to her, but she still wasn't talking. Alice told me that she hadn't come out of her room since we got back and that I wasn't allowed to go upstairs.

If she wasn't going to see me, I had one last option, to put down in writing. Though, what would I say? I'm sorry doesn't quite cut it in this situation, but it's a good start.


Regan, I'm so sorry. I wouldn't blame you if you never spoke to me again, but you're my best friend, I couldn't even imagine NOT talking to you every day.

I want to make it up to you, but I want to tell you in person, if you'll give me another chance.
I'm sorry. I'd say it 100 times if that would erase everything I said.
Please forgive me.
                      Marcus

When I finished, I brought it over to her house and gave it to Sofie, since I still wasn't allowed on the second floor. She said she'd make sure Regan would read it, but what are the chances she'd even listen.


A couple days into the new school year, she came over to my house. She said she forgave me, but it would be awhile before she could forget about it. Though I could see the doubts on her face and I couldn't help but think, "I've ruined everything."

"You said you had something you wanted to tell me?" she asked, looking expectant as well as equally confused.

"Oh yeah." I said, remembering why she would be here if she wanted to talk to me. "As a peace offering, I bought us tickets to the James concert next Saturday."

She smiled, "Really?" she asked excitedly. I felt like it had been ages since I'd seen her smile like that. A real, genuine smile.

I nodded, smiling back. I waited a minute, trying to think. "We good?"

She paused, smiling, silently laughing, "Yeah. We're good."



© 2012 Noah Scott


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like the story line here is a tip use Microsoft Word to type the story and it will look more neat then you can just copy and paste :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 1, 2011
Last Updated on April 17, 2012
Tags: Girl, Next, Door, Regan, Marcus, Love, Story, The, Drive, Home, Sofie, Alice


Author

Noah Scott
Noah Scott

Minneapolis, MN



About
I'm Noah. I love writing, reading, and art. I write a lot of different genres, though mostly romance and horror as well as GLBT related stuff (interesting mix, I know). A lot of it is Transgender-rela.. more..

Writing
Marcus Dawson Marcus Dawson

A Chapter by Noah Scott


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Noah Scott


FIGHT FIGHT

A Book by Noah Scott