Swamp Lilly (also known as Turk Cap Lilly)

Swamp Lilly (also known as Turk Cap Lilly)

A Poem by Einstein Noodle
"

lilies many times represent purity, innocence and virtue and so is used here in contrast to the poem.

"
                             
                                                                              
    
 
                                       "Swamp Lilly"

Orange soot horizon waves a grey mirage

  A decoration of a morass midden rule
    Our reds whites and blues subdued
      middle ground's torn decoupage
         from left to right is skewed

            sustaining such distance
              harsh flesh is strewn
                 Rant rift railings
                   rising in tune

                    holding you
                      tightly in
                         lieu

7/20
E.
                                

© 2020 Einstein Noodle


Author's Note

Einstein Noodle
This form is one of Richards originals:
"NABLA DEL"
an original poetic form
created by Richard W. Jenkins
© 12 Dec 2001

In the shape of an upside down (inverted) triangle, this form must be centered for full effect, but may be aligned left or right when formatting will not permit center alignment.
There is no set syllable count per line, but each descending line must be reduced by (at least) two letters, until there is one word at the bottom, and a smooth sided inverted triangle has been produced.
12 Lines total are required in the following order:
1 … Opening/Introduction Line
2 … Quatrains (4-Line verses)
1 … 3-Line Closing Verse (triplet)
Rhyme scheme is: x, xbxb, xcxc, xxx (x = no rhyme). But, by author's choice, there can be more rhymes, as long as the required minimum rhyme scheme is met. A space between L1, each quatrain and the closing 3 lines is also required to meet Richard's form.


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So pleased I waited to view on my computer rather than phone. The splendid form was completely lost on a small screen. Now I can see it in all its inverted perfection and magnificent it looks too. I have never attempted a poem which has such a visual impact with its words. So clever. I love your lilies. We have some in our garden. I have always called them tiger lilies. They remind me of one of the characters in Rupert Bear stories I used to read a long, long time ago. Tiger Lily was a Chinese friend of Ruperts. As for the poem itself, I see this as being a statement of the political situation in your country. Extremes on both political sides, red and blue and the middle ground is left infertile. Not a healthy situation and quite a contrast in comparison to the purity of your lilies. Politics can stink at times. Happy Independence day Mr E. Hope you are having a very happy day, despite the politics and the covid. Sending my best to you. We have similar extremes over here.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

spot on Chris! that's exactly what I was trying to convey .. the middle ground use to be the place w.. read more
Chris Shaw

3 Years Ago

Good for you :)



Reviews

well you got me on this one Mr. Einstein... rhyme, alliteration and imagery all in one pointy triangular shot into the soil of my minds eye:) what an odd looking flower reminds me of the wild tiger lillies here in PA

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

one of my neighbors was picking up some wood i had cut and told me about them .. they grow up to 6 f.. read more
I love writing about extraordinary special flowers, such as Venus fly trap, fairy slippers wort, and this Turk cap Lilly and have poems on them yet to be posted here. So I admired your sublime abstract poem employing the flower. The ending line reads sensational. Kudos.


plz pleez do read and comment my newest poem too. I like to know poets thoughts.


Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

well thanks Big S! nice to meet you! I will definitely stop by your place soon ... yeah! flowers are.. read more
Got to say I don't care about the form. I just love this collection of beautiful words.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

ahahahaha ... i am not surprised good sir! so nice to have you stop by always ... glad the words at .. read more
Although the form is created by a wonderful poet as Richard, you are so creative with this form and subject matter. This tells me things are upside down in the great ole' USA nowadays, with right is wrong, wrong is right. We need to restore the dignity of the office, rights of the people and justice for all. Our laws should be applied equally and fairly. America will always rise and lead the world if we have good, visionary type leaders not merely managers and business type. To me visions, morals and ideals made this country great. An excellent take and message sir.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

I couldn't agree more with your review sir! with the exception of business people being in charge .... read more
Sami Khalil

3 Years Ago

Yes siiiirrrr. You are welcome. Be blessed...
Love the format. Great imagery. Thank you

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

and thank you for the visit and review ... the link to Richard's is in "my comment" ... he is the on.. read more
dearest E... Turk Cap Lillies are like people
“Spoken for” held closely like soft clouds of
Cherubs in Chapel prayer. gently, Pat

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

you would know Patricia!! tickled that you found this one to read .. flowers and all .. they are imp.. read more
The inverted triangle seems like the head of an arrow pointing towards the middle of the page- as if calling out the reader to "water" there.
"Our reds whites and blues subdued
middle ground's torn decoupage
from left to right is skewed"
As a centrist on the political compass, I couldn't agree anymore. There has been such a rift between the two sides and everyone around us seems so utterly polarized. There is no middle ground, no neutral territory, no scope for reconciliation. Some opinions are thrown around just to irk the other side, with no logic to support the claims. It's a sad time in the life of democracy where people are being forced to choose between either fascism or communism, both of which are failed regimens.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

those are the extremes ... so sad ..i agree with your comments .. it is bitter, vicious, false, char.. read more
)' middle ground's torn decoupage.. from left to right is skewed .. .. ' ( context reads familiar! )

How I admire but am immensely envious of someone who can take on such a pointed journey and achieve such a glorious destination, Mr. Noodle! This is a superb dedication to a beautiful flower. Must visit Richard and see what you've seen, learned and more, my friend. Interim full marks as near possible to you. ' Must have take great patience and focus to obey the rules so delicately. As to your subject matter.. may we change the subject, please.. the sun's just shown its face. :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

Em .... its that damnable grey X ... it has its way with us no matter what I try to do ... sometimes.. read more
Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

see .. it did it again! cut half of what i typed out .. oh well ... love ya ... maybe it will leave .. read more
emmajoy

3 Years Ago

Whatever said or not is always appreciated!


this is a new one on me Gene... and my word sir, you are very brave.. my hat is off to ya and may never be donned again.. am so glad I was passing by today... beside the obvious, I reckon there is more depth to your words than necessarily meets the eye on first glance... I shall most certainly be returning for another viewing as soon as I have finished trying to get into me Toblerone :))))

Posted 3 Years Ago


Neville

3 Years Ago


one of the very few confectionary bars I used to enjoy... either sucked until nothing but ho.. read more
Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

down yer neck good friend ... i will look for the bar .. but i really don't think they are sold here.. read more
Neville

3 Years Ago


and down yours too Gene ... dangerous places them health food stores :)
I think the visual effect also guides me (or forces me) into one spot. The first line has the word horizon in it which connotates an expansive landscape but then I am narrowed and forced into a more confined space.

Posted 3 Years Ago


Einstein Noodle

3 Years Ago

how astute Cousin! i wish i could say i did that on purpose ;) but i think the form is supposed to d.. read more
adornoscousin

3 Years Ago

Same here!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

540 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 2, 2020
Last Updated on July 7, 2020

Author

Einstein Noodle
Einstein Noodle

Pork Rind, AK



About
This morning as I began to log in to WC, it occurred to me what an inspiring and comfortable place this has become for me. There are so many talented people sharing, encouraging, teaching and learni.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


April April

A Poem by lightsong