The Wrong Reverend Wright...

The Wrong Reverend Wright...

A Story by Le' Pugh'
"

I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more!!!

"

Ladies and gentleman! Welcome to the greatest charade on earth!!!

Thrill to the depths a human soul can reach…

You’ll be astounded by hypocrisy without measure!

 

Without further adieu, I present to you (drum roll please)...

 

THE WRONG REVEREND WRIGHT!!!

Hatred.

Divisiveness.

Bigotry.

Racism.

Lies.

Slander.

Malice.

Arrogance.

Greed.

Seriously; how can a man who has partaken of the riches and blessings of America stand flat-footed in the pulpit and spit in the faces of our founding fathers?

Nobody I know ever claimed those guys were perfect, but they possessed a vision much larger than themselves while this man possesses only a heart of hatred and arrogance.

Those men looked at their bound position and saw themselves free.

Jeremiah Wright looks at his freedom and that of so many others and sees invisible chains.

Mr. Wright… why don’t we talk about the fine folks in your congregation who saw to it you had the kind of wealth most of us will never see while they struggled to pay your salary and buy your cars and outfit your carcass with fancy clothes?

Mr. Wright... why don’t we talk about the multi-million dollar home being designed in a 98% white neighborhood while you stand and scream about the oppression of the black man!?!

I’ve got a better idea… why don’t you talk to the people you choose to lead with your American freedom about what they can accomplish and who they can be instead of how the white man is keeping them down…

be an agent of change instead of the mouthpiece of Beelzebub!

But then, maybe I ask too much. Maybe when you were younger you had humanitarian ideals and loved people. I’d like to think you were at some point disillusioned with some sorry redneck racist or suffered something horrible at the hands of a group of woefully misguided miscreants and that explained your venom.

But more than likely you just smelled blood in the water like the shark you are and couldn’t resist the urge to take huge bite out of the heart of America.

More than likely you willfully decided to be the Howard Stern of the clergy and thought being the “Shock Jock of the flock” would increase your following. And what does a following mean in the church? Big money, baby… big money.

So, congratulations. The riches and fame you sought you have found.

 

How does it feel, sir?

Good?

I’m happy for you!

 I’ve heard your sermons… You know the word.

Then you must also know that satisfied feeling in your gut is all the reward you will ever receive.

 

NOTE: For some reason I can't get the picture out of my head of Jeremiah Wright as a fine young man with a godly mother and father.

In my imagination I can see his dad encouraging him to accept and love others and to hold his head up and fight for the truth. I can see his mom holding him close when he cried because someone treated him unfairly… and whispering that everything would be alright.

I pray Reverend Wright once more finds this little boy before he dies so his heart can have peace and his soul can find rest...

We all write our own story.

What's yours?

 

© 2008 Le' Pugh'


Author's Note

Le' Pugh'
My gosh... this man looks for all the world like some guy I'd be proud to call grandpa!
It pains me to think someone with such a gift throws it away for selfish gain.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

>>>My gosh... this man looks for all the world like some guy I'd be proud to call grandpa!
It pains me to think someone with such a gift throws it away for selfish gain.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow, this is incredible, really is
the knowledge-depth and aspect you present represents our times
the meaning is something any moral person can
relate to in terms of character traits
The entire piece is brilliantly compsoed
in this regards, the way you are able to
bring to the forefront a messege
speaking to the masses even whether or not the reader agress.
work that shows true perspective
thanks for sharing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

243 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 30, 2008
Last Updated on May 9, 2008

Author

Le' Pugh'
Le' Pugh'

Anchorage, NE, Christmas Island



About
My new book is here! Purchase "Wings to See" at Barnes and Noble Also available on Amazon or www.fracturedrepublic.com �Wings to See� takes you on year-by-year journey thro.. more..

Writing