I will Grow Up

I will Grow Up

A Poem by SOUL LESS
"

A child struggling against society.

"
In time I'll be immune to the pain, 
In time I'll learn to ignore the need to say or do something. 
In time, I'll learn the art of ignoring someone as they talk (or text)
In time, I will harden my heart to the world. 
In time, I will grow up.

In time I'll be the mature 'man'. 
In time I will stop caring about people and feelings, 
In time I'll be as cold as the wind,
And people will be means of achieving an end. 
In time, I will grow up.

Perhaps then, you'll like me better. 
Perhaps that is what people want. 
Perhaps that what I need to be.
Perhaps I need to grow up.

In time, I'll kill that little boy who dared to love.
In time I'll kill the boy who dared to look at the world with an uncolored gaze.
In time, I'll kill the boy who loved to laugh and cry at all the little things.
In time I'll kill the little boy that worshiped Goodness and Kindness.
In time, I'll learn to be cruel and mock and laugh as I strip soul after soul of innocence.
In time, perhaps, I will grow up.



~SOUL LESS.

© 2017 SOUL LESS


Author's Note

SOUL LESS
It's very raw. I wrote it to someone in a WhatsApp, totally impromptu, so yeah. It's just emotions.
I guess it's kind of Free Verse, but it doesn't really have much of a structure either. Well, it was impromptu.
It's not really literature, so any suggestions are welcome as to how I can make it better I guess.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nicey thing. much like... tasty much.

You will grow up, and rather well.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very relatable. The cruel world, the cruel people, they change the kind-hearted souls around, in a bad way for sure, and make them to be like them. No wonder the child was another prey. It's really sad. You express the emotions really well here. Very well written!

Posted 7 Years Ago


SOUL LESS

7 Years Ago

Yup. Incredibly so. I hope I never grow up. I hope I never lose my humanity :D

Thanks.. read more
Zoya

7 Years Ago

The only courageous ones here are the people who choose to be humane, even in this kind of atmospher.. read more
You're alive! I didn't know you still used this website! I read your things years ago. And once again, you do not disappoint me. I really love the way you begin each time with "In time." It's almost as if one is waiting for life to jade us in order to grow up. But in a sense, that is what happens, isn't it? The last stanza really shows your perception of what growing up is, and from a much darker perspective than others care to look through. Are all adults inherently cruel by the nature of being grown up, or do they become this way as an act of self-preservation? The world is a cruel place. Thank you for this read!

Posted 7 Years Ago


SOUL LESS

7 Years Ago

Lol...I'm alive, yes. And I wrote a couple of things now after a gap of around 5-6 years I think. I .. read more
Wow... I saw too much of myself in this. Trusting people all the time and never learning from betrayal, using kindness as a sheath from the pain the world brings, that is how some people live life. I'm too kind and innocent for my own good, which makes me feel as if I will never grow up. Ah... Adulthood can be insufferable, but it's worth taking the risk. I've learned that silence can be a huge voice and ignoring society can be bliss. Well done!

Posted 7 Years Ago


SOUL LESS

7 Years Ago

Thanks for reviewing! I feel the same way. I actually don't want to grow up. It sucks. Silence is am.. read more
Brilliant stuff, laddie. Keep the poésies coming!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

343 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 8, 2017
Last Updated on March 8, 2017
Tags: Grow up, Disillusioned, Tragedy, Sad, Sadness, Illusion, Grow, Up, Innocence, Death

Author

SOUL LESS
SOUL LESS

Nakushita, Kansuki



About
I am a boy. I love English Literature. I love to write. Some people hate me for it, but for me writing is like an escape from the real world. Its like reading a book except that I control what happens.. more..

Writing