Describing a Cake

Describing a Cake

A Chapter by SOUL LESS


The first thing that struck you was the blue, it was elegant and pure and so full of color as to bring Joy to one's soul. And the peripheral backdrop of Lights and the Veil completed the piece of Art.
Then the little buttons: the rows of minute bits of silver painstakingly placed at a miraculously even distance from each other. It made one think of the patience that must've gone into it; the steady hand, half covered by a plastic glove, moving from one button to another making certain it was perfectly done; eyes squinting from constant concentration yet not daring to move since one mistimed blink would've failed them all; and the peaceful soul that grew not impatient as seconds turned into minutes and minutes into hours.  
One would've liked to think it was imagined as three hats: three elegant, dainty bonnets with a meticulously carved out flower on the end of each.  


© 2017 SOUL LESS


Author's Note

SOUL LESS
A friend of mine makes absolutely wonderful cakes. This one inspired this description.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

137 Views
Added on May 17, 2017
Last Updated on May 17, 2017
Tags: Cake, description


Author

SOUL LESS
SOUL LESS

Nakushita, Kansuki



About
I am a boy. I love English Literature. I love to write. Some people hate me for it, but for me writing is like an escape from the real world. Its like reading a book except that I control what happens.. more..

Writing