Broken...

Broken...

A Poem by SOUL LESS

I hang upon a tree

A veiled cocoon

Dreaming my dreams

Scared by my nightmares

I try to speak, and the world stifles me

I try to breath and the world suffocates me

I try to protest and the world breaks me

And I lie upon the ground

A shattered chrysalis


SOUL LESS.

© 2011 SOUL LESS


Author's Note

SOUL LESS
I am not usually this morbid a poet,but I had a fever for two days and thus this poem:P Suggest a better title than broken.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, this is amazing. There's lots of emotion and you expressed it very well. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very interesting poem. I love it's dark and subtle nature. And the fact that it says so much with only a few lines. Exceptional writing. A title I would suggest if you wouldn't mind me suggesting would be 'Dreams Hung on Trees'. Or something along those lines. There's not a word or line out of place in your poem. "I try to speak, and the world stifles me I try to breath and the world suffocates me I try to protest and the world breaks me" is such thought provoking to read. A absolute favourite that says so much to me and how I feel at present.

Posted 13 Years Ago


sad and beautiful..

Posted 13 Years Ago


have you read Anne Sexton's Bat...i dont want to sound funny but hanging on a tree is a bit batish,isn't it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J.M
That was really beautiful - vivid and sad. I especially love the end and the way the world seems to be holding you down until you break. Nice piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your emotions speak so vividly in this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel exactly like this at the moment.I like the analogy of a veiled cocoon.

Posted 13 Years Ago


beautiful poem, but so sad...i've had these moments (and im sure everyone else has too) so this poem could relate to so many people...

keep on writing :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a really sad, but great write. I really can relate to the piece...because I feel broken anyways..so good job. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Pros: Beautiful imagery. Truly beautiful. And a good idea behind the entire poem as well. A very well-written piece of poetry, if I may say so.

Cons: None.

Overall: I enjoyed this poem. It was saddening, with a touch of beauty.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1611 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 4, 2011
Last Updated on January 7, 2011

Author

SOUL LESS
SOUL LESS

Nakushita, Kansuki



About
I am a boy. I love English Literature. I love to write. Some people hate me for it, but for me writing is like an escape from the real world. Its like reading a book except that I control what happens.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Somnolent Moon Somnolent Moon

A Poem by OT