Land of the Unknown

Land of the Unknown

A Story by Queen of Fantasy

Swallowed whole and deposited unceremoniously into a foreign land.

She wanders frightened into the forest, terrified by the moans of those petrified souls looming above her.

            Traumatized she is by the shrill of but a crow.

The terror drives her to her sanctuary of tears.

Bawling in an alcove returns her to the year she endured up to this moment. Being engulfed by her darkest of nightmares and most pleasant of dreams.

Alone she remains.

            When she has no more tears to shed she emerges, unaware of her surroundings.

            She wanders, lost in the darkness she attempts to subdue her racing pulse.

            Finally she finds herself upon a path: on which the white light shines through the trees.

            “The moon?” she queries, unknowing. “Oh how I do miss the consistency of the sun: the regularity of the rise and fall of the raging fire, ablaze in the sky, each day.

            She wanders farther and farther towards the looming light and slowly she is again engulfed in darkness so severe she cannot see where she is or where she is going, the white light had vanished and she was in complete and utter blackness.

            Finally in the foreign land she is finally lost.

Finally she is welcomed.

© 2012 Queen of Fantasy


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow, I really liked this! You are so creative and just inspiring.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Great story! Your imagery made it feel so eerie : )

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 24, 2012
Last Updated on August 24, 2012

Author

Queen of Fantasy
Queen of Fantasy

About
Artistic and Creative I am. Magical and Supernatural are words that are no strangers to my Vocabulary. Art defines me! more..

Writing