Not my Heart to Break

Not my Heart to Break

A Chapter by Fashionista
"

The second chapter in "The Boy in the Blue Sneakers".

"
My cell phone rings and I look over the table to see who it was. Derek. Half of me wanted to answer it and apologize for nothing, but the other half wanted me to pick up so I could yell at him. My hand decides for me. I grab it and answer.
"Hello?" I try to seem bored
"Hey, we need to talk." he said seriously
"If this about that thing with Nick then I don't want to hear what you have to say!" I almost scream holding back tears
"Babe, calm down. I just need to ask you something."
"What?"
"Do you want to break up?" he sounds like he's fighting off tears
"B-but why?"
"You and Nick seem like you could be a cute couple."
"I don't like Nick, he's just my friend! Please don't do this!"
"I'm so sorry, babe. Just know that I still love you."
He hangs up then leaving me gasping for breath. I couldn't breathe after what just happened. I know he broke up with me, but he said he loved me! I wasn't sure if I was really sad or really happy.
I wasn't lying about Nick, I didn't LIKE LIKE him. I just liked him as a friend. I sat down on my bed and read through a pile of notes he had sent me telling me he missed me or that I looked pretty today or I had another note in my bag. I also read all the texts he sent me.
I starred up at the ceiling for a little. I was too tired to say or do anything.
I knocked on my wall and waited for his reply. He replied in the secret knock we've used for about four or more years. I yelled "I'm sad!"
I heard the door to my apartment open. He knocked on my door.
"Come in!"
"How's my little ladybug? What's wrong?" said Leo
Leo is fourteen and I'm almost fourteen.
"We're over." I can't get myself to look into his beautiful blue eyes
He sat down on my bed and put his arm around me like he always does when I'm sad. I rest my head on his shoulder and silently cry. He runs his fingers through my hair and kisses the top of my head.
"I don't want to see you cry, little ladybug."
I look up to him and he leans down a little until we are breathing the same air. He gently presses his lips on mine.


© 2012 Fashionista


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
Added on May 3, 2012
Last Updated on May 3, 2012
Tags: romance, teen, broken, heart, ladybug, second, chapter


Author

Fashionista
Fashionista

MA



About
My life is fashion! I love reading and hanging out with my buds. I more..

Writing
Sugar Ring Sugar Ring

A Chapter by Fashionista