The Drawing

The Drawing

A Story by Marisa

I drew him.  I would see him so often in my dreams, both asleep and awake, that it must have just happened, subconsciously. When I looked down at the paper, there he was. The figure who frequently occupied space in my head. Whose face was so familiar, I could sketch him without even realizing it. The photo in my mind had snuck its way onto the page before me. My own doing. Though it seemed more like the work of the divine.


Some days I didn't want to know him. Others he was as essential as breathing. A constant battle between want and need. Right and wrong. Fantasy verses reality. Somewhere along the line the two sides had evolved into the same.


As I tried to erase him from my page, he wouldn't budge. He sprung to life, clinging to even that small part of me; fighting his way to stay. As I tried to erase his legs, he grabbed my hand to stop me. When I went for his arms, he kicked. He wouldn't disappear. Neither of us would allow it. For we too had combined. Connected. It wasn't something that could so easily be deleted...


So there he stayed. Staring up at me from the paper. Only inches away, yet a part of his own, distant world. Continuously longing to leap up into my own.


But it wasn't enough. It never was. And we both knew it never would be.

© 2013 Marisa


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Amazing how clearly you paint scenes with your words.. intriguing they are too. Part of me sees this as being plausible, another wonders.. whichever what you've created is this is a fascinating example of how somone can just capture one's being and draw them into some form of union. I notice you only use full.stops, never commas or whatever, perhaps you have a reason?

Posted 10 Years Ago


I found a few word choices to be awkward, but the emotion expressed is magnificent and profound. To desperately crave another loving soul that exists only within the scopes of the mind, a feeling I am very familiar with. Very well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very nice, Marisa! I can "picture" your story well... You got my attention and it ended with the "reality" of the abstract.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I really liked how poetic and lyrical this piece was. I sense when reading it that you do't really want much criticism, so thank you for the lovely short read.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Fantastic and so poetic!

Posted 10 Years Ago


wow, you know, i don't know how old you are, but there was a music video in the 80's by a group called "Aha" and it was a song called "take on me"....well, the video was done in rotoscoping, which is a form of film art where the scene is all done in progressive drawings coming to life and interacting with live feed of another person. it is incredible and you should check it out, because...this story reminded me very much of that video....it is, and your story is..in a word...incredible!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Very short but full of life and emotion. This could symbolize so many things in anyone's own life. Very nicely written!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A sad story. But I like it.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 25, 2013
Last Updated on April 25, 2013
Tags: Flash Fiction, Drawing, Creative Writing, Short Story

Author

Marisa
Marisa

Ocean Grove, NJ



About
Daydreamer. Passionate Writer. Music Lover. Photography Taker. Spirituality seeker. Sarcasm Master. Travel enthusiast. more..

Writing
Paradise Paradise

A Poem by Marisa



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..