Stranded.

Stranded.

A Poem by Fay Slimm

 

 

Stranded.

 

Half-awake and stranded between the old
day and new,

coming tomorrows may look leviathan,

loom like clouds

of sharp-sharded, unreliable giants where
trust becomes sun-leathered

with nowhere to hide,

muscle-bound and most of the time

muddy-eyed.

Yet after a sip of memory's comfort I can
shake weighty foreboding and

see where truth's rise

has been leading events,

toss off stifling clothes and walk more 
upright into the future,

shoulders high.

Facing fate with anticipation I find myself

able to smile at being alive 

and for having been gifted with love,

life's battles then lose a bit of their scary
sting as I dip grateful toes

into the moment.

Past moves have everything good going
for them I muse,

while I notice

the sky above is becoming blue.

© 2020 Fay Slimm


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

' .. loom like clouds - of sharp-harded, unreliable giants where - trust becomes sun-leathered - with nowhere to hide .. '

Regrettably, my review will be considerably less detailed than the one below and about your writing, Fay. To write as you do, pausing in what could be called near normal.. yet, seeing and feeling the wonder of everything so clearly, vividly yet ethereally - is why you write the way you do.. with heart and mind united.

Thank you for taking me to yet a special place and momentarily away from an oft' malevolent world.

Posted 4 Years Ago


Documentation
1/27/2020
9:38 AM U.S.A. MST
This review content authored by PB Jacobs (www.writerscafe.org)
My review of "Stranded," by Fay Stimm.

Happy AM, Fay!

I'm not into the drab and dreary Shakespeare poem content style, but I'll give this a try. I'd rather be original than be a Retail Sausage Head about my original writing. True, for some, it takes a while to figure things in life out that one needs to be original, but it's possible. Ditch the rodents, and it's not that bad, Fay. Some people call it dumping useless baggage.

On the other hand, you're a halfway decent mealy-minded worm, I see. It's not an insult, I notice your handiwork and creative activity potential. You seem to have an imagination, too, yet is it me, or are you lost in thought here and there? Yeah, it comes with mealy-minded worm territory. Take it from me!

Ah, what goes around, comes around. You have a decent attitude, I see, and yeah, you might be thinking I don't know you, but remember, my review content is a vague and muddled first impression.

I'm a blabber off at the keyboard and live type of reviewer.

Life's lover's, huh? I have not had a female lover in ages, but I can relate to the word lover just fine, Fay. It's weeding the ones who are beyond kind of good that's the challenge. Good women are few and far between, for me, which means I'm on the right track!

Hopefully, you find a bit of encouragement in my review content. Just giving back, as I see your content kind of encouraging...

Life, to me, is all about not thinking thoughts that fill my mind with a biohazard. If I do that, my mind get's ticked off at me, and soon, I'm cranky, pissed off, and depressed. The human mind is something else...

Then, there is the oppositive extreme, where I fill my mind with too much hype. Then, after I'm out of everyday energy, one way or the other, I'm depressed, again...

Those weren't the day's...

Mental health basics are easy for me, as I keep personal belief in mind, as I instruct my mind. My mind knows when I'm thinking honest thoughts...

Yeah, you seem a bit muddled, and wayward, which is why I thought enough to point this out to you...

You do seem to be the Walt Disney type, though...

Neato content... Yeah, it's a kind of, Fay!


PB Jacobs





Posted 4 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2020
Last Updated on January 27, 2020

Author

Fay Slimm
Fay Slimm

Camborne, Cornwall, United Kingdom



About
Hi from Fay Slimm, I have been writing poetry since childhood and have always enjoyed writing nature poems along with romantic odes to the glorious place where I live alongside the sea in Cornwall U.. more..

Writing
Sensing. Sensing.

A Poem by Fay Slimm


One More One More

A Poem by Fay Slimm



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..