Alone

Alone

A Poem by Fernanda
"

I wrote this text after my best friend sent me a goodbye text, as she was attempting suicide. This was written while I waited for the doctors to try and save her.

"
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. A message I’d worried about before, something that had haunted my nightmares and once kept me awake, something I never thought would come for real, something I never thought would ever come...
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. The words it said I cannot repeat, because they will forever haunt me till my death. The words it said, so sad they were that soon I felt the tears. The words it said held tight around my heart, making it die with fear.
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. And my heart beated faster. And the tears ran down my cheeks. I held back a painful scream. I got swollen by the fear that now took control of me.
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. A text that did nothing but say goodbye. Goodbye to the life of someone I could never let go of. I wasn’t ready to let them go, I didn’t know what would happen next. So I took the measures I could.
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. I texted her back, I called her phone and, knowing I couldn’t do it on my own, I told my mom, she called hers. And from that moment on, nothing else I heard from her. Her mom said she’d take her to the hospital, but I wasn’t there to see. Her mom said she’d do something, but how can I possibly believe?
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. People say more than they do, but this time it was all true. She took those pills, 14 she counted, and said goodbye to me. She chose me to be the one to carry her message to the world. She told me goodbye when she decided to leave everyone. And in the middle of the fear, I managed to say those words. I told her I loved her, I did my best to save her...
Sitting alone in my room I got a text. Now all that’s left for me is wait. I dont know what the future will bring. Now all that’s left for me is hope. I don’t know what the future will bring. Now all that’s left for me is nothing. I don’t know what the future will bring.

© 2012 Fernanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ice
Eerily beautiful! It's a touching piece!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fernanda

11 Years Ago

Thank you! This means a lot to me! Glad you liked it
Ice

11 Years Ago

Mhmm~ :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

339 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012
Tags: suicide, text, message, hospital, sadness, sad, friend, best friend, goodbye, love, personal

Author

Fernanda
Fernanda

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil



About
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing
Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Fernanda


Seven Seven

A Poem by Fernanda