Cloud 9

Cloud 9

A Story by Fernanda

Taylor sat down in the dark, cold room, drowning in her own tears, buried in her own fears. All the hope in her heart was gone. 
Her real-life nightmare had started on a sunny summer day, which had everything to be perfect, but wasn't. They were driving on the countryside, the sun was going down and they talked and talked and talked. It was simply anything she could ever ask for and much more.
Sam and Taylor had been together for almost three years then, she loved him and he loved her back, they were made for each other and he knew that very clearly. So, on that special midsummer night, he planned on doing something that would change both of their lives forever.
Taylor couldn't stop smiling and she did so the whole, entire, night: she was on cloud 9. And just when she thought things couldn't get better, they did. Her life was turning into a very well-written fairytale.
The light blinked red and he stopped the car in one swift movement. Sam looked deep into Taylor's eyes and pulled out a small blue velvet box. As he opened it, she saw the shiny diamond ring and heard the long expected words coming out of her boyfriend's mouth:
"My dear Taylor, will you give me the pleasure to marry you?"
She was so happy, she could barely speak. She was so shocked, she could barely move. And, as she muttered a "yes", tears came to her eyes. As he put the ring on her finger, she closed them and as he leaned in to kiss her, she could not see the bright lights approaching them. 
Taylor heard Sam scream her name as she felt the truck crash into them. She felt herself fly high as her whole world turned black. When she opened her eyes again, she was a thousand miles away.
Where am I? Where did Sam go? What happened? The questions just wouldn't leave her alone, but the answers couldn't be reached. She'd never stay up long enough to make clear sense of what the doctor was saying. 
It took a week for her to finally understand she'd been in a car crash. It took a month for her to realize she'd never see Sam again. He hadn't made it.
Taylor sat down in the dark, cold room, drowning in her own tears, buried in her own fears. All the hope in her heart was gone. 
Her whole body shook, she could hear her own self whispering Sam's name, she closed her eyes for only a minute, but if felt like an hour. She wouldn't make it, she had fallen from cloud 9 and broken her wings.
Taylor looked down, her right hand held the blade, her left hand held a picture of them on the day they'd first met. It fell on the floor right before she did and the last thing she saw was her blood painting it red, covering their faces forever.
Cloud 9 was long gone and so was she, she'd never come back but that was ok, because she was going strict into her boyfriend's arms wherever she went next. I truly hope they met again someday. 

© 2012 Fernanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ice
Sad! But beautiful as well!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fernanda

11 Years Ago

Thanks :D
Ice

11 Years Ago

You're welcome :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

290 Views
1 Review
Added on August 26, 2012
Last Updated on August 26, 2012
Tags: cloud 9, love, sad, pain, suicide, car accident, accident, crash, car, proposal, love story, eternal love

Author

Fernanda
Fernanda

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil



About
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing
Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Fernanda


Seven Seven

A Poem by Fernanda