All she had to say

All she had to say

A Story by Fernanda

People say you never know what you’ve got until it’s gone. People say you never know how much you need it until you don’t have it anymore. People say a lot of things, but that doesn’t mean everyone believes in it. Elyssa didn’t. Until faith forced her to.
She always took Dan for granted, really. He was her best friend and he’d been by her side since day one, she couldn’t remember life without it and didn’t believe she’d ever have to. He was simply always there, so she never stopped to think what he meant for her. That is, until the day he announced he’d be gone.
It was a windy afternoon and they were walking around the local park. Lyss belived it was a normal day, they did that almost every week, to be honest. But there was something else on Dan’s mind.
His thoughts were transtorned, his heart was broken, he could barely pay attention to what she was saying, although, deep inside, he wished he could keep every single word she said in his heart.
Elyssa was the most important thing in the world for him. She was his world. When all his friends had turned around , when everyone stood by Alison’s side, she backed him up. She didn’t believe the rumours his ex-girlfriend made up about him, she believed what he told her and nothing but that.
She gave up the homecoming crown for that boy, she lost her popular spot because of him, but she didn’t regret it for a second. He was the best prize she could have gotten, she no longer needed to be a queen: she had him.
No, they never dated, although they kissed once. Yet, they were both drunk, so they never counted that. Well, they never said that the counted it, but, deep inside, that was all they thought of, that simple peck on the lips couldn’t get out of their teenage minds.
When his mother told him they were moving back to Ireland, Lyss was the first thing that came to his mind. How would he possible leave her? How could he possibly live without her? She was a part of him, indeed, without her, he would never be complete again.
As he told her the news, she realized it. Her heart hurt more than it’d ever done before. She could feel it breaking, just like they said on the books she read as night came. She could already feel a part of her own self missing, although he was still by her side. That was when she realized she loved him. And not only as a friend.
Lyss had never once thought about it, but Dan did make her heart race every time he called her late at night to say goodnight. She tried not to have it on her mind, but their kiss was the first time she knew what the authors meant with “fireworks”. She felt them, not only deep inside, but everywhere.
Yet, she never got the chance to tell him that, because, when she finally figured it out, he was already gone, on an airplane, miles and miles away. She’d probably never get the chance to kiss him again. He was gone.
In her mind, the wildest thoughts took place. He’d forget her, he’d get a new best friend... Or worse, he’d get a girlfriend. How would she compete with a cute Irish girl when she could only talk to him on Skype? How would she compete with hugs and kisses when all she could give him was long distance? Little did she know that she already held the key. When it came to winning his heart, she’d always been the only contestant...
She thought she no longer had a chance. She’d missed her shot. She’d let the boy of her dreams go, the boy she wanted to marry. She was probably never going to see him again. And it was all her fault. After all, she n

© 2012 Fernanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

280 Views
Added on August 27, 2012
Last Updated on August 27, 2012
Tags: love, missing, best friend, gone, Ireland, travel, move, chance, realize

Author

Fernanda
Fernanda

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil



About
"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." - Benjamin Franklin more..

Writing
Sorry Sorry

A Poem by Fernanda


Seven Seven

A Poem by Fernanda