Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Josh n' Po

Josh n' Po

A Story by The Beastmaster
"

A pokemon struggle for survival!

"

             It was a warm day as Josh and his wartortle, Poseidon, walked through the forest towards the next town. They were heading to a new region they had never been before and both were excited at the new challenges that awaited them. They had been walking for a while when Josh stopped and took a drink of water from his canteen.

            “Hey Po, look over there, it’s a lake. You want to stop for lunch and rest there awhile?” Po just looked at his trainer and smiled, replying with the typical “Wartortle” response of a pokemon. They raced each other over to the cool, refreshing pool. Po jumped right in and swam happily around. Josh took off his pack and started pulling things out for lunch. He had some sliced watermelon that he got this morning. He also sliced some bananas and made himself a sandwich and laid out some pokefood for Po.  Po loved watermelon but he also needed his protein and other nutrients to stay strong. “Po come and get it. If you eat all your lunch, you can have as much watermelon as you want!” Po’s reply was an excited, “Wartortle!” Josh sat there and watched as his best friend ate to his heart’s content thinking it couldn’t get any better than this. If only he hadn’t finished off his favorite snack, tater wedges, on the walk here. Oh well, he would pick some more up in the next town!

            Just having finished packing their lunch back up Josh was getting ready to relax and do some fishing. “Po, you think we might have a run in with any new pokemon? OH! Maybe I will hook a Gyarados!”

CRASH!!!

            “What was that?” Josh yelled looking around. Standing right by the lake, leering right at them, was a very pissed off Feraligatr. Right next to where he was standing was a felled tree that had been knocked down by his tail. Po readied himself for a fight, the look of excitement on his face. Josh wasn’t so sure about this, he only had Po with him on this new journey, but he couldn’t turn down a fight. “Listen here friend, I know you’re mad ‘cause we stopped at your lake, I assume this is your lake, but it’s a big area and we only stopped by for a short time. This doesn’t have to go down like this.” Josh barely got those last words out when the Feraligatr rushed toward them.

            Josh and Po barely leaped out of the way in time to dodge the Aqua Tail that their foe used. “Po, use Ice Beam!” Po, quick to his feet, launched an ice beam that hit directly on its target, covering the Feraligatr in ice. “Now use Skull Bash!” With that command Po flew toward his opponent with his head lowered and slammed into the Feraligatr. The enemy pokemon was down but Josh and Po were not new to battling and didn’t foolishly expect it to be over. Feraligatr got to its feet slowly, glaring at the fearsome duo. It roared and then launched an Ice Fang not at Po but, at Josh. Po barely made it in time to intercept the blow. “Po!” Josh yelled but before the little wartortle could even recover the opponent had rushed over with his fist glowing and used Superpower on Po, sending him flying through the air and crashing into a tree. Josh looked on in horror and just as he started to run over to Po, he got caught with an Aqua Tail and sent flying a ways.

           The Feraligatr then turned its attention back to Po and slowly walked over to it. It prepared itself for another Aqua Tail when Josh jumped in the way with a stick in his hand, whacking the enemy in the head. “Po, go and run! I will hold him off long enough for you to escape to the next pokemon center and get treated. I will be fine, go!” Just then, the massive and angered Feraligatr let loose an incredible Hydro Pump that sent Josh flying almost to the path that they had arrived on. The angered Feraligatr was not going to let it end there, and charged toward Josh. Just when the monster was about to unleash a Superpower, something slammed into him, knocking him down. Po was standing there now, just having used another Skull Bash. “Po..” Josh said slowly, and weakly, “I told you to run, what are you still doing here?” Po just looked down at Josh with a determined look on his face and said, “War wartortle! “ With that he started to glow.

            Before Josh’s eyes, Po started to get bigger and change shape. Josh could not believe his eyes, was he really witnessing his best friend evolving into a Blastoise? Josh quickly turned his attention to the Feraligatr that was rushing them, his hand aglow once again. He was getting closer when Po finally finished his evolution into a grand and mighty Blastoise. “Po, look out for that punch!” Josh yelled to his newly transformed best friend. Po shook his head and popped his dual cannons out of his enormous shell. The ends started to glow blue, like it was charging up and then Po launched and incredibly huge ball of water right at Feraligatr at point blank range. There was no way to dodge such an immense attack and the wild pokemon took the full force of the blow. Feraligatr was sent across the path, throw a tree and slammed into the boulder the two friends had enjoyed their lunch on. Josh just looked on in awe at the power that Po just exhibited. That wild Feraligatr would not be getting up anytime soon. As Josh slowly stood up he couldn’t believe the love his Wartortle, now Blastoise, had for him to not only stay and protect him, but evolve. Not only that but he learned and executed a Hydro Cannon!

            “Thanks Po! You’re the best friend this guy could have!” Josh said while smiling. He started to walk over to the knocked out wild pokemon with Po trailing behind with a look of confusion. “Don’t look at me like that Po, we can’t just leave him here like this, he was incredible, and we owe him for such an amazing, if not disastrous fight.”

           “Blast, Blastoise.” Was Po’s response was Josh threw a poke ball at the Feraligatr and had no problem catching it. As they walked, or hobbled, down the path toward the next town, and the next pokemon center, Josh asked, “Do you think he will like tater wedges?” Po just looked over at his trainer and sighed.

© 2010 The Beastmaster


Author's Note

The Beastmaster
This is the for my younger days, wrote for a contest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Its adorable !

Posted 13 Years Ago


I truly think this was a good start to your writing adventure. Just keep it up and let the words flow. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 12, 2010
Tags: pokemon

Author

The Beastmaster
The Beastmaster

Climax, NC



About
My name is Josh, but im known by my friends as The Bear or just Bear. I am happily engaged to the love of my life. I am a good ol southern boy, I love to read fantasy and paranormal romance, Weres are.. more..