The World's Not Dead

The World's Not Dead

A Poem by Justin Miller
"

A song I wrote about finding the strength and hope to say the world isn't finished although everyone around says it is, and finding those people who believe.

"
Some may say that the world is dead, that there's nothing left. But in my head, that's not what I believe in. We're not dead yet.
We have a reason
We are not ruined
Keep on beating
Keep on breathing
Keep looking up
I refuse to say we are done, that this is over. In a world that's given up,this is not what I stand for.
To change our mind, about ourselves is the next step to staying alive and to see real beauty, once again.
Don't take that from me
Don't take that from anyone
Some may say that the world is dead, that there's nothing left. But in my head, that's not what I believe in. We're not dead yet.
And I'm sick of being stuck with the ones who've given up. You should be the same. We will carry our flame. And burn in the midst of those, the ones who've had enough, given up, given up on us.
Naysayer, killing us. Screaming we are finished before our time has come.
I will always oppose your way of thinking and say we are worth it,
I will continue to believe in us.
My faith is in nothing more than our own human existence, to see the light in those who walk with a purpose.
Forgiveness and hope still exist.
In our homes that our plagued with this.
I know that there is something left.
A different way of thinking, a different way of living, bonded by those who have found a reason.
And those who need a reason, we still thrive
But there's so much more to living
Than learning to survive.

The world's not dead

We are better than this.

© 2015 Justin Miller


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are right. As long as there is hope, left in the eyes of the ones whose hearts has not given up on life, humanity is bounded to change for the better. It is time to depart from our own darkness, let the darkness become afraid of our kind light but one cannot change the world alone, many hearts are needed in order to transform our world in a kind place. It may be a kid's dream but it is of a kid who is not afraid to dream. I really like the way you write, for you have talent and must never stop writing.

Good job :D

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin Miller

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the awesome words! That's really encouraging
Nightfeather

8 Years Ago

No problem :D
THis is beautiful, love! Simply amazing and your choice of words is great. The little details and how well you made your point.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Justin Miller

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much for the kind words. Please look at my other stuff as well :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 13, 2015
Last Updated on August 13, 2015

Author

Justin Miller
Justin Miller

Dallas, TX



About
I am big into lyricism and I love hardcore music. more..

Writing