Weeping roots

Weeping roots

A Poem by SilentVerses
"

Shortened my words spit upon me the acid hatred, forcing a broken rhythm upon me.

"
Delicate aroma: a spice-merchant's daughter,
curled at the foot
of night's secrets
she holds a shame.
Runs, through forests,
thorns entwining within her;
merging to sharpened shards of resentment
pushing through her blood.
Her solace is in this isolation,
inner peace sought for under
our languid branches.
Night falls and
moon-called she flees,
back to the sinner's arms.
O spice-merchant's daughter;
my roots weep for you.

© 2011 SilentVerses


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

She runs because there is no peace to be found in her home... within herself... in another. She has been torn asunder by the world... by her own faulty thinking... and tries to find solace where solace does not exist: in solitude and in a habitual sinner. She is truly frail... a delicate aroma.. but continues to be handled by callous hands. Your roots are sensitive to her plight. Firm in the soil of genuine compassion that a soul like her needs to take under. Beautiful flow and phrases that make my heart rend for her. Your ability is uncomparable.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, "Delicate aroma: a spice merchant's daughter."
My god how that phrase triggered all things beautiful to me about the feminine, "curled at the foot of nights secrets,...beneath our languid branches." If only I could spread my fronds over them all. Lovely

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love your word choices. You are really good at playing with words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this one best. With so few words you have shown what most people never will learn, that to look for happiness, love and completion of ourselves outside of ourselves is destined for nothing less than disappointment. The shame that she holds is that she does not find her strength within.

Regardless, the imagery, the electricity, the motion, the scent and the essence of this poem are truly beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ah...the lusting of sin and its drug upon our soul. Lures us always with its siren call. She spoke to my heart, my hiding side, my darkness peeled back, exposed. Breathtaking in its desire. I'm in awe.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have read this a time or two and never comment but now I want to comment and let you know it is a amazing poem! Hopefully I didn't already comment. ^^* Even if I did this was still amazing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Powerful use of imagery; "curled at the foot of night's secrets", "thorns entwining within her"...the solace of a tree...sad, but with a sense of safety...effective dichotomy of images

Posted 12 Years Ago


I was caught by the first line instantly, sketching empathy for an abused soul. Her plight is disturbing, your choice of descriptions sharp, tearing, entwined solidifies this. Seeking solace in a wise forest, where most would avoid at night, shows courage on her part, but even empathy can't hold a running abused heart. An excellent write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


The troubled life of a human seen from the perspective of a caring tree. A sad story, but there is always hope to be found in the wisdom of trees. An excellent poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


"she holds a shame"
gold.

This whole poem is gold... but that line really caught me.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1004 Views
27 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on June 20, 2011
Last Updated on June 24, 2011
Tags: sadness, night, moon, abuse, flight, fear

Author

SilentVerses
SilentVerses

Hong Kong



About
I adore reading, it is where my love for the written word has originated from. My favourite writers are Sylvia Plath, Fyodor Dostoevsky, j.d sallinger,Ken Kesey, Primo Levi and Virginia woolf. I exp.. more..

Writing
Asleep Asleep

A Poem by SilentVerses



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Memoria Memoria

A Poem by Robin