Playful insanity

Playful insanity

A Poem by SilentVerses
"

Distracted playful insanity twists my words around her.

"
Worrying, I frayed the edges
of a rug, though,
unsure of its intentions
I dropped it, the murmuring liar.

I watched the ceiling today,
it whispered to me.
Little worms crept upon my skin,
pulling them off I looked to the ceiling for eradication.

The ceiling has become my only friend,
it murmurs in familiar adoration.
Though some of the shouts,
are very macabre.

I asked her today, her feelings on fire,
she agreed with me:
beautiful incandescence glows ethereal.
My dear ceiling, she's glorious (wouldn't you agree?)

Someone is to pick me up,
tomorrow at noon.
This is what they said.
Panic bubbled and choked, but her words calmed me.

I asked one of them, if I could take her with me,
pointing at my dear ceiling,
it giggled at the conspiracy.
Annoyance flowed from the woman.

They came for me,
took me from my darling.
They don't understand why I cry so,
they thought out of that padded cell I would flourish.

Silly little lies,
though it is strange,
that ceiling fed me a sanity.
I seem to have lost it here in the land of reality.

© 2011 SilentVerses


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh how I do love your mind! This is a beauty of all beauties to me. I thrive on the delusional perspective in narrations. This one tickles my cerebral unending with its aberration of love for an inanimate object the world could never understand. I used to write of things similar to this, but never with the genius touch you have here. I am lost for words but I want to fill this page with ink blots of the love I have for this poem. I will store this in my heart of hearts forever. Thank you, for being an inspiration to me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

i see weird face on my ceiling...
yeah you definitely have a cool unique voice
a strong piece, evocative and clean of extra crap
too many pieces i read seem to have words just stuck everywhere that don't really mean anything
your intent is clear and manifested here

Posted 12 Years Ago


such a sweet story, it gave me many images in my head, and i liked that it was not so morbid in text, but still was delightfully insane.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like the line, "Worrying, I frayed the edges, of a rug, though,unsure of its intentions." The poem really conveys the need for someone to find solace in something, to tell them everything's ok.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Now this is sublime - you explore the notion of sanity (whatever we mistake that for) and the lives which we live without seeing the anomalies between the two. I would never have thought of this motif, but you play with its words effortlessly and beautifully. Brilliance at every turn!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Understood...powerful use of the ceiling...their is intimacy, sanity, and safety in the familiarity of a room...sad, genuine, but real-ly understood...the poem flows with meaning...quality poem...very much so...

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow! A ceiling with a personality, caring for someone who is in need of a friend...an amazing poem, imaginative and yet very real, I feel as if I gained insight into the reasons for another persons actions.

Posted 12 Years Ago


not one of my favorites of yours - that being said, it's still really good.

I think the third stanza you could leave out because it would leave the ambiguity of who the author is talking about is "her" - which would fit with the fragmentation of the mind. I think it would've been fun for you to play with that fragmentation of the mind, how it jumps from one thing to another - in the structure of the poem. Leaving some thoughts that jump down to the following stanza, or a thought that is finished two stanzas later...

Something like:

worrying
I frayed the edges of a
rug, though
unsure of its attentions - I dropped it

The murmuring liar

I'd like to see more of the "fretting" coming out in the voice of the author - feeling the anxiety mounting until she's stripped from this cubicle of quiet, sterile safety and terrified to be thrust back into this unguarded, unsafe world where she has no cover.

I love the idea - and I think this is an excellent beginning - I'd like to see you go REALLY crazy with it though ;)



Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow....you're an incredible writer. Beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I loved this poem. Solace is to be find in the womb of closeness, of walls and ceilings of existence ... And the Home in the Heart. Well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


On your profile it mentions you're a Plath fan? Have you read The Bell Jar? She talks about memorizing aspects of the ceiling that keep her sane. Nice descriptive words, I am going to keep a look out for you.

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1056 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on June 23, 2011
Last Updated on June 23, 2011

Author

SilentVerses
SilentVerses

Hong Kong



About
I adore reading, it is where my love for the written word has originated from. My favourite writers are Sylvia Plath, Fyodor Dostoevsky, j.d sallinger,Ken Kesey, Primo Levi and Virginia woolf. I exp.. more..

Writing
Asleep Asleep

A Poem by SilentVerses



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Translucent Translucent

A Poem by Robin


Mahalo Mahalo

A Poem by Robin