Wings of innocents

Wings of innocents

A Poem by Finding Drea
"

Written as I try to figure out what happened and when I lost my smile. This is the beginning of my journey. I hope to not go it alone.

"
She was the brightest star in the sky, into darkness she glows as a million fireflies in jubilee. With intentions of purest gold, her heartbeat shakes like an earthquake, creating cracks below her as her dreams gracefully lift her above the unpredictable crevices. She was alive.

Yet amongst the tiny cracks the dark plague stirs, waiting for reality to unknowingly pull her down with it's doom. She sheds her angel-like wings and watches them flutter down, as they softly graze the floor of an unknown world. Her once whimsical dreams becoming fuel for the evil and harsh realities lurking in the shadows. Innocents fades as the darkness of the earth begins to feed on her sweet intentions. She grasps onto her beautiful memories, and refusal seems her only way of survival. She trembles as she musters up courage, tightly squeezed eyelids protecting the periwinkle windows to her frightened soul.

She glances through the fog, while her lips softly tremble. She whimpers as her flame flickers, tiny warm hands protecting the light in which she sees...she is forever alone.

© 2014 Finding Drea


Author's Note

Finding Drea
I am open to suggestions. Any constructive criticism is welcomed as my mother has her Masters in English and I am used to it! Please don't be afraid.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really love this piece. I am usually more of a fan of simplistic pieces since I find the beauty in simplicity but this, I adore all the intricate details. This was absolutely beautiful and you should write more pieces to be read on here. Great write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is a wonderful piece of writing. You held my attention throughout the whole poem, feeding my imagination with clarity. I also commend you for having excellent grammar :) One question, though - why did you choose the color periwinkle in the line "...periwinkle windows to her frightened soul."? Just curious ^-^

Posted 9 Years Ago


Eliza Mae

9 Years Ago

Haha! I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel so exposed! I understand where you're coming from, t.. read more
Finding Drea

9 Years Ago

No need to be sorry! I think it justified my initial feelings about it. I'll be mulling myself and h.. read more
Eliza Mae

9 Years Ago

My pleasure! :)
More of a short story than poem. I like the strong description. You gave enough to catch the attention of the story. I like the internal thoughts and how you led to the good ending. The story had a tone of sadness. Thank you for sharing the excellent short story.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Finding Drea

9 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote. I was having a hard time depicting whether it was a poem of short story. I appreci.. read more
Thank you Micayla! I have a few I've been working on lately, but I'm a tad shy about my work. Your comment gave me a little more courage to share. I appreciate your review. Perhaps I will share more tomorrow.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I really love this piece. I am usually more of a fan of simplistic pieces since I find the beauty in simplicity but this, I adore all the intricate details. This was absolutely beautiful and you should write more pieces to be read on here. Great write!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

210 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2014
Last Updated on August 18, 2014
Tags: Innocence, realizations, dark realities

Author

Finding Drea
Finding Drea

MI



About
Lately I am finding myself a lost soul. I used to write when I was younger, and just began trying to express my sadness lately since I'm not sure why I have it and I am trying to find outlets to lift .. more..

Writing