Follow The Sound.

Follow The Sound.

A Chapter by Fire&Rayne
"

Continuation from chapter one, thinking of merging them, would anyone object?

"
Something woke her. Was it the rays of sunlight dancing through her windows? No, the curtain was drawn. Was it the beautiful sound of the birds singing? No, they were silent. Was it the cool breeze that slipped through her open window? Probably. 
She lay awake, her eyes traced the patterns on her celling, she knew them well. They were the constellations, painted onto a white celling were the black stars. The walls where a sky blue, it amused Annalise that the walls that confined her were painted like the sky. She was a bird in a cage. 
But she was about to be set free. 

The maid walked through the halls, her programming told her to wake the master. She walked, almost happily. 
Annalise was happy last night, it must have been a good time for her. She couldn't wait to hear the stories Annalise told about the balls and galas she danced at. She skipped down the corridor before remembering where she was and stopping. She stood still for a second and began to walk at a fast pace. The master would be up soon, and hungry. She couldn't remember the last time she was hungry, probably before her upgrade. She didn't remember that far back. 
She pushed open the door to the master's bedroom, but the bed hadn't been slept in. He was doing the accounts last night, perhaps he'd fallen asleep in the office. She spun around and marched to the office, she pushed the door open. 
She screamed. 

Annalise heard someone scream and without a doubt she jumped out of bed and sprinted towards the sound. She ran down the thickly carpeted hallways and towards the office. It was in an isolated place, the office, only one entrance and one exit. She ran towards the sound. 
She stopped dead, panting. Maid was standing, looking through the doorway at something that had made her scream. She slowed her breath and looked at Maid.
Did Annalise really want to see what was in there? The answer was yes, she did. She stepped forwards, cautiously. She pushed Maid gently aside and looked around the door. She gasped. 
Her father lay on the floor, almost as though he were asleep. Except for the gashes on either side of his neck. His neck was torn open, congealed blood pooled around his head. His eyes where wide open. Froth had formed at the corner of his mouth. Annalise felt like she was going to be sick. But still she stepped forwards, looking for something, anything that would tell her how or why her father died. 
Before she could step forwards again Maid grabbed her shoulder. 
"You need to get dressed." She said, her voice calm. Annalise looked down, she was still in her tank top and shorts. She nodded and swallowed, her throat dry. 
"Call the police. Get them to come look at him. I want this solved. I want to know why." She turned to look at her father's corpse once again, tears welled to her eyes. She shook her head and walked out of the room. 

Once in her room, and alone, the tears raced down Annalise's face. They jumped from her chin to her knees and thighs. Her hands covered her face and her small frame was racked with sobs. What was going to happen now? 


© 2011 Fire&Rayne


Author's Note

Fire&Rayne
Continuation from chapter one, thinking of merging them, would anyone object?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

195 Views
Added on August 28, 2011
Last Updated on August 29, 2011


Author

Fire&Rayne
Fire&Rayne

London, United Kingdom



About
I had an account, got bored of it, this is my new one. more..

Writing