Walking Nowhere

Walking Nowhere

A Story by Jessica

The twilight stained the sky a bloody pink as I walked tentatively through the woods. Icy air bit through my thin jacket and licked my raw skin. The broken leaves were crushed further more by my unforgiving shoes. I didn't know where I was walking, exactly. Or why for that matter. It seemed that all I knew was what pertained to my senses. The air that smelled stale and cold. My footsteps hammering the dirt. The trees reaching for something, anything, maybe a cloud. The coppery blood that stained my bitten lips.
No sane person should be walking in the woods alone right before dark. But the frozen air made me feel awake and alive, the opposite of how it makes the bears fall into a deep dreamy slumber. I liked to feeling of being alone. I didn't have to wear a costume smile. I could keep my face as
 neutral as I wished without worry of the questions and criticism it would raise in reality. 
I shouldn't have been there. My back shouldn't have been pressed against that cold wood floor...
The sky shifted to a paler navy blue as I continued my impromptu walk. I didn't care; my mind and actions were numb, focused on one thing and one thing only.
My blood shouldn't have been pulsing 
to my eardrums. The swear shouldn't have been pouring from my pores. That scream should have been answered, heard. 
But it was not.
And this is where these facts left me. Alone, helpless, numb, wandering. Awaiting something that would probably never come. 

© 2011 Jessica


Author's Note

Jessica
Not sure where this came from, but I hope everyone enjoys.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

206 Views
Added on January 8, 2011
Last Updated on January 8, 2011

Author

Jessica
Jessica

In the pages of a book, VA



About
Well, I'm a high school student that writes whenever the mood strikes. I haven't been on much lately, mainly because I've just simply been too busy with other things. But I get on when I can and r.. more..

Writing
The Day The Day

A Poem by Jessica


Admiral's Arms Admiral's Arms

A Story by Jessica