You Can Let Go Now, Dad

You Can Let Go Now, Dad

A Story by Minyonka
"

I wrote this using an OC, Minyonka Zoboashi. This is based off the song, "You Can Let Go" by Crystal Shawanda. This is more rated "K+" because it's a little on the sad side.

"

Disclaimer: I don't own 'Naruto' or the song "You Can Let Go" by Crystal Shawanda.

 

 

               I was eight years old and my father, Raidon Zoboashi, was teaching me how to wield my crystal staff. He kept a firm grip on it, his hand three times the size of my small, gloved one. I was the one making all the movements he taught me, but he was holding on for both support and security. It was mostly for himself, though. He was afraid I'd hurt myself.

 

While I was swinging the staff around, I kept imagining my enemies, whoever they may be, flying back. I began running forward, ready to try my skills on some training dummies. My dad started running right along side me. As we ran, I told him something.

 

"You can let go now, Daddy. You can let go. I think I'm ready to do this on my own. It's still a little bit scary, but I want you to know I'll be okay now, Daddy. You can let go," I called.

 

He took his hand off my staff and watched as I ran forward, attacking the training dummies that popped up. When I glanced at him, he had a proud smile on his face.

 

 

 

            Ten years later, when I was eighteen, I walked down the aisle. My father had his arm around mine as we went to the front of the large room. I was standing between the two loves of my life. To one, I've been a daughter and to the other, Sasuke Uchiha, I soon would be a wife.

 

"Who gives this woman," the fifth Hokage, Tsunade-sama, asked.

 

I looked at my dad and saw tears forming in his eyes. He continued to hold on tightly to my arm until I whispered something in his ear.

 

"You can let go now, Daddy. You can let go. I think I'm ready to do this on my own. It still feels a little bit scary but I want you to know, I'll be okay now, Daddy. You can let go," I whispered so softly only he could hear.

 

My dad squeezed my hand in his for a second before letting me go. Before I walked up next to Sasuke, I glanced at my father and he gave me a proud smile.

 

 

 

                   I was twenty-five years old and Sasuke and I ran into the Rain Village hospital. My twin brother, Sudo, had called and told me our father was sick.

 

"How is he," I asked my brother, fear filling my system.

 

"You should see for yourself, Minyonka," he answered.

 

I gulped and looked into the window of our dad's hospital room. The sheath of my sword hit my leg when I twitched slightly. My dad, the strongest man I ever knew, looked sick and frail. He was thin and his body was shaking from his strain. I turned away from the window, tears forming in my eyes. Sudo came up and wrapped his arms around me.

 

"You know, he's only hanging on for you," he told me.

 

I nodded my head, knowing what I had to do. I took off the belt holding my sword and handed it to Sasuke. I opened the door to the room and my dad gave me a weak smile. Tears began welling in my eyes and my heart was breaking when I crawled into his bed and rested my head on his chest. My voice started breaking as well as I began to speak.

 

"You can let go now, Daddy. You can let go. Your little girl is ready to do this on my own. It's gonna be a little bit scary, but I want you to know I'll be okay now, Daddy. You can let go... You can let go," I told him.

 

My father kissed my forehead before I heard the long beep of the flat line on his monitor. Finally, I allowed my tears to fall freely as Sasuke, Sudo and my mother, Yori, walked into the room. Sasuke held me tightly as I sobbed into his chest. When I finally found the strength to look at my father, he had a proud smile on his face.

© 2008 Minyonka


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my gosh, I really almost cried here. My eyes are watery. Tearing up.
Very strong emotions and you did well portraying the feelings.
That one sentence really pulled her and her father through everything.
Keep writing, you're really good at it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh wow.
That was sad, yet amazing.
Keep writing.
This story brought tears to my eyes.
^.^

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

soo sad i got chills...great write and keep writing...i also love how youdescribed everthing!!love it!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

570 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2008

Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka