Who Knew

Who Knew

A Story by Minyonka
"

This is another songfic using "Who Knew" by P!nk. It also uses Minyonka Zoboashi again. I put it as Romance, but it's also a Tragedy.

"

Disclaimer: I don't own the show 'Naruto' or the song "Who Knew" by P!nk.

 

Minyonka Zoboashi stands by the gravesite of her late husband, Sasuke Uchiha. She can feel the tears welling in her eyes as she stares at the stone monument.

 

“D****t, Sasuke. You were supposed to outlive me,” she mumbles as tears form in her eyes.

 

As Minyonka stares at the stone, she clutches the small necklace Sasuke had given her with an Uchiha emblem on it, and begins to remember the times they shared together.

 

 You took my hand

You showed me how

You promised me

You’d be around

Uh-huh

That’s right

 

“Are you sure this is going to work,” Minyonka whispered as she and Sasuke stood behind the corner of the building they were about to infiltrate. 

 

“Of course I’m sure,” Sasuke answered, a glint in his eyes. 

 

“You better not get yourself killed in there. I don’t want to have to file a death report when we already promised Tsunade-sama this would go off without a hitch.” 

 

Sasuke took Minyonka’s gloved hand in his calloused one and squeezed it tightly.

 

“I promise, it’ll be fine,” he said and kissed her. 

 

With that, the two of them snuck into the building and began their mission. 

 

I took your words

And I believed

In everything

You said to me

Yeah-huh

That’s right

 

 Sasuke woke up in a hospital room and saw a sleeping Minyonka leaning against a chair next to his bed. He reached over and shook her shoulder lightly. Minyonka opened her eyes and looked over at him. Tears began welling in her eyes, which surprised Sasuke. He had never known Minyonka to be one to cry. 

 

“I thought I lost you,” she whispered, her voice breaking slightly. “You promised you weren’t going to get yourself killed in there.” 

 

“I didn’t, did I,” Sasuke retorted and pulled her close to him. 

 

Minyonka gently wrapped her arms around him, thankful he was alive.

 

 If someone said three years from now

You’d be long gone

I’d stand up and punch them out

‘Cause they’re all wrong

I know better

‘Cause you said forever

And ever

Who knew?

 

“Don’t you think they look good together,” Sakura asked her best friend, Ino. 

 

They were sitting in the park with their friends after a day of training. 

 

“Yeah, they were practically made for each other,” the blond girl answered, obviously referring to Sasuke and Minyonka. 

 

“Thanks for the compliment, but it’s kinda embarrassing to have you guys talk about our relationship when we’re sitting right here,” Minyonka said with a chuckle. 

 

“Then go off and do couple stuff,” Tenten answered. 

 

Minyonka rolled her eyes jokingly and began walking off with Sasuke. 

 

“They’ll never last,” Kiba mumbled. 

 

At that, Minyonka stopped moving. She turned around, glaring intensely at the Inuzuka. 

 

“You mind repeating that,” she asked menacingly.

 

“I said you guys will never last. You both get into arguments over nothing.” 

 

Before anything could be said to calm Minyonka, she punched Kiba, sending him flying ten feet. 

 

“Don’t talk about things you don’t know,” Minyonka said darkly before walking off again. 

 

Minyonka smiles at that memory. That was the first time she defended her relationship with Sasuke, and it is one of her most treasured memories.

 

Remember when

We were such fools

And so convinced

And just too cool

Oh no

No, no 

 

“You two have done a lot of stupid things in the past, but this takes the cake,” Kakashi muttered. 

 

“Weren’t most of them Minyonka’s idea,” Tsunade asked.

 

Sasuke and Minyonka were both standing in the Hokage’s office, covered head to toe in paint, some kind of powder and God only knows what else. 

 

“Yep,” Minyonka answered with a smile. 

 

“What did they do this time?” 

 

“It was a party… and we had fun.” 

 

“You both defaced part of the village,” Kakashi pointed out. 

 

“So what if we put some spray paint on a few walls? We weren’t the only ones.” 

 

“But you were the ring-leaders.” 

 

Minyonka chuckled while Sasuke tried to get them out of any severe punishment. 

 

 

 

 

I wish I could

Touch you again

I wish I could

Still call you friend

I’d give

Anything

 

 

“I love you, Sasuke,” she whispered. 

 

Sasuke kissed her in response and Minyonka closed her eyes as she rested her head on his chest again. 

 

“I could stay like this forever,” she mumbled before falling asleep. 

 

When someone said

Count your blessings now

‘Fore they’re long gone

I guess I just didn’t know how

I was all wrong

They knew better

Still, you said forever

And ever

Who knew?

 

“You must feel so lucky, Minyonka-chan,” Hinata said quietly. 

 

“Yeah, I still can’t believe he proposed to me,” Minyonka answered with a smile while looking at the ring on her finger. 

 

“I’m going to tell you this as your best friend. Count your blessings now. You never know what could happen tomorrow,” Temari said. 

 

“Temari-chan, you make it sound like one of us is going to die tomorrow morning.” 

 

“Both of you are shinobi.” 

 

“But we’re both strong shinobi. We’ll be fine. Now aren’t you going to be happy for me,” Minyonka asked jokingly. 

 

“I am happy for you and wish you the best of luck.” 

 

Yeah, yeah

I’ll keep you locked in my head

Until we meet again

Until we

Until we meet again

And I won’t forget you, my friend

What happened?

 

“Be careful,” Minyonka said before Sasuke left for his mission with Naruto and Sakura. 

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be fine. I’ll see you in a month,” he answered and kissed her before leaving. 

 

If someone said three years from now

You’d be long goneI’d stand up and punch them out

‘Cause they’re all wrong

 

“Minyonka, please don’t listen to him,” Ino pleaded. 

 

“No one is allowed to talk like that about Sasuke. No one,” Minyonka answered while walking over to Shikamaru. 

 

“I’m sure he didn’t mean it that way.” 

 

By that time, it was too late. Minyonka had already sent the genius flying backwards. 

 

“Let that be a lesson,” she said while glaring. 

 

And that last kiss

I’ll cherish

Until we meet again

 

“Sasuke, hang on,” Minyonka yelled frantically. 

 

Sasuke was badly injured and slowly bleeding to death. His worst injury was the hole that was in his stomach. Minyonka had carefully leaned him up against a tree and was trying to use whatever she could to stop the bleeding. 

 

“Minyonka,” Sasuke started, but then coughed up more blood. 

 

“I’m so sorry. This is all my fault. If I hadn’t been in such a hurry to get home, this wouldn’t have happened.” 

 

Tears were spilling freely from her eyes and her hands were shaking. Sasuke put one arm behind Minyonka and pulled her into him, kissing her deeply. That was the last thing he ever did. 

 

And time makes

It harder

I wish I could remember

But I keep your memory

You visit me in my sleep

My darling

Who knew?

 

Minyonka feels the tears finally overflow from her eyes as she falls to her knees.

 

“Why did you have to leave,” she asks in tears. “Why did you have to die then?” 

 

She stands up slowly and places a rose on the gravesite.

 

 My darling

My darling

Who knew?

My darling

I miss you

My darling

Who knew?

 

 

As Minyonka walks away from the gravesite, she whispers two final words.

 

"Who knew?"

 

 

 

 

 

© 2008 Minyonka


Author's Note

Minyonka
Please keep in mind that any oneshots using Minyonka Zoboashi are in no way linked to each other. They are just what I write when I get a random idea.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh my, this was so sad. I almost teared up. Very good and you did amazing on this oneshot.

Posted 12 Years Ago


BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!! I could cry!!!! T.T!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Sweet

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is smart, sad and very beautiful. I love it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the story and how it mixes with Pink's song.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

447 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2008
Last Updated on October 13, 2008

Author

Minyonka
Minyonka

About
About myself: I'm an nineteen-year-old college student with the intention of becoming a high school math teacher. Why math teacher, you wonder. I want to become a teacher because I have learned that I.. more..

Writing
Sunburn Sunburn

A Story by Minyonka