The Fight Within Part 5

The Fight Within Part 5

A Story by J.S.N

I arrived at Ruth’s house a quarter after six. I was beginning to wonder whether or not this was a bad idea. I noticed that Ruth was up because of the lights that were up inside her house. I began to wonder why she might be up early. Of course I was out on Fall break for two weeks, so maybe she was too. I was about to knock when the door opened and she came out all dressed up.

“Oh. Hey Klaus, I didn’t expect on seeing you today,” she informed in her delicate sweet voice.

“Yeah, I am sorry for intruding, but it has been awhile since I last seen you.”

“Why so early in the morning though,” she questioned suspiciously.

“Well…I didn’t really sleep well. I had a strange dream and I just had to get away from my apartment. Would you mind if we hung out for awhile,” I asked with a hint of sadness in my voice.

“Klaus, it has been a long time since you last spoken to me. I literally felt like you dropped me as your friend all together. Ever since you met Judas I feel like you have forgotten about me. We did everything together, and now I barely receive a text or call from you. You are always busy hanging out with Judas or following him around like you’re his shadow or something. Why now out of the blue do you want to talk to me,” she asked with sincerity in her deep blue ocean eyes.

“Because I realized that I barely speak to you, but that is also because you forced me to choice between him and you.”

“Klaus, you know I did no such thing. You just took it upon yourself to choice him, a guy you just met, over me.”

“You were constantly saying he was bad news to be around with. Just because you disagree with his beliefs does not give you a right to hate him Ruth.”

“He was brainwashing you Klaus and I was just trying to warn you before you put your trust in him. Unfortunately, I believe I was too late anyway since it seems that you have already been brainwashed by his lies” she accused raising her voice an octave higher than usual trying to hide the tears in her voice.

“Can we just drop it please? I just came here to be with my friend. I never dropped you or else I wouldn’t be here to begin with. I am sorry for not being a great friend and leaving you out, but I wanted you to understand that I am not being brainwashed in any way, shape, or form. I wanted you to respect my decision as well as Judas. He doesn’t disrespect you even though he strongly disagrees with your beliefs. Remember I was the one who wanted to bring the both of you together to talk,” I remind her in a heavy voice thinking back to that day when I felt worse than I do now.

“I do remember you trying to set up a meeting so the two of us could at least get along, but Klaus, I just wanted to protect you from anything that might bring harm your way.  I did not want you to later be hurt because of him. I know that he is your best friend and that you look up to him as your big brother but I am still wary of him. I wish I could stay and talk to you about this further but I am already ten minutes late for my date.”

“I didn’t know you had a date. So who is the lucky guy who was fortunate enough to meet you,” I asked with happiness in my voice glad that the whole ordeal was done and over with for now.

“His name is David Ross. He is in my Psychology class and he asked me out for coffee. I am so excited. Why don’t you come along? This will really help ease my nerves by a lot,” she explained with excitement in her voice.

“Sure why not. I would love to but I am only going to stay for twenty minutes or so. I really do not need to be a burden while you meet your date Mr. Ross, who originated from Ruth’s Psychology class,” I announced in my best imitation of a sergeant.

© 2011 J.S.N


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

173 Views
Added on September 27, 2011
Last Updated on September 27, 2011

Author

J.S.N
J.S.N

NC



About
I don't really know what to say. I am a rather unique person who is still searching for who I am. I am constantly wanting to help others, but I usually never help myself. I realized that loneliness is.. more..

Writing
Hurt Hurt

A Poem by J.S.N