[untitled]

[untitled]

A Story by Connor

He took the highway this time and found her in a field of daisies by the end of the road where it damn near ignores the first chapter of the ocean and keeps on flipping pages and folding corners until it's floating on paper thin air and no one ever knew why her gloom was so enveloping and it was, it billowed out of a body much too small to carry such a plague that was all her own.
Her poisons could burn down cities, he decided, and it made him the saddest person in the world knowing that she would never truly die over him as he had for her so many times before. He wrote little stories and poems expressing his love for her, but he was no Kerouac, she shrugged them off and their expensive words and beautiful sentences are decaying in the awful sour earth under those pretty flowers and knotted roots in her Garden Of Evil now. So he pulled off the highway to see what was wrong with the girl that he died for so fiercely. There was something wrong when he waded through that falsely exuberant sea of yellow and white and wearily asked her "Can i help you, miss?" It was the anxious ticking in her eyes that you wouldn't have noticed unless you really looked at them, it were as if there was a bomb behind them just waiting to take lives.
And his suspicions weren't for nothing - right when he took his eyes off of her for half, maybe even a fourth, of a second she swooped down on him like an eagle and deep down he must have known it was coming but still her talons tore him open and his stomach ruptured, but he still loved her and in his convulsions he dreamt of holding hands with her walking down a pretty suburban street from someone's endearing childhood, in the dream he loved her and she loved him, and who would have guessed such a life could exist in such a terrible world?

© 2008 Connor


Author's Note

Connor
Inspired by recent events but not strictly addressing them.
Written when i thought it was surely over, these views are distorted and don't belong to me any longer.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

short and nice, i really like the theme also, a situation i can relate to. Believe me for as long as thereis love the n such a feeling wil also exist, it only depends on who, where and what the circumstance. nice write you Wellcome to the field, let the ink flow lol.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Added on May 7, 2008

Author

Connor
Connor

Northbridge, MA



Writing
Summer Poem Summer Poem

A Poem by Connor


[untitled] [untitled]

A Poem by Connor