When Scaredy-Cat Minds Are Set In Stone

When Scaredy-Cat Minds Are Set In Stone

A Poem by Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
"

Philosophical thoughts set to pen of page as Prose Poetry ...

"

When Scaredy-Cat Minds Are Set In Stone


& Free Thinking Imaginations


Are No Longer Allowed To Roam


Written By Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Copyright © 2022 Marvin Thomas Cox

DBA: Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

All Rights Reserved



In our modern day world where we find people Polarized in positional stance of literal extremes of extremist thought, beliefs, and viewpoints -- wherein one side's position is, all too obviously (to our shame as fellow Human Beings), in fervently belligerent disagreement with those holding to equally extremist positions of thought, beliefs, and viewpoints (two Poles consisting of diametrically opposed set in stone mindsets) whereby neither side, neither position, is willing to sit down at the table of calm open discussion in seeking viable answers based upon common sense sound logic of reason -- I do sense a true essence of the root cause of the ongoing total Polarization of our Society that is currently afflicting the citizens and peoples of each and every nation upon this planet we call Earth.


The average person would (might) suggest that the root cause, as a terminally cancerous problem, is that of flawed ideologies promoted as Salvation's quick fixes for Mankind, coupled with ineffective Politics run by crooked-a*s Politicians the world over. And, such a statement is tragically more than factually, and indisputably true. Yet, there lies much more below the surface of all the aforementioned errancy that would I would dare to suggest has been (is being) intentionally and purposefully overlooked as a touchy topic of subject that none wish to face up to, nor willingly seek to discuss: The enemy-like animosity that exists between those fervently Religious, and those adamantly Atheist id, in all factuality, the root cause of the very Polarization we witness as apparent, and appalling, in our world and Society of today. Please allow me to elaborate upon my line of assessment's reasoning, and drawn conclusion, as stated just below:


The average Religious person would, likely, dare to suggest that the root cause of such Polarization is due to a lack of obedience and dedicated service to their given proclaimed faith, and its teachings -- an attitude of Supremacist (better than thou) thinking which I call the prostrate yourself and grovel at God's Feet Factor.


The average Atheist would, likely, dare to suggest that Religion, (in and of) itself, is the root cause of such ongoing, and increasing day by day, Polarization of our entire Society, our nation, and the world over. And there is truth to be found in such a statement, though (for the record) I shall always defend every individual Human Being's right to Religious Freedom of practiced belief and observation -- the right to believe, as well as to disbelieve.


The real and undeniable truth is one which I shall attempt to assess and clarify -- as an Intelligent Design Free Thinking Creationist Moderate who has been caught for many years betwixt the two fervently opposed extremes of Organized Religion and Atheism -- and as a (it takes two to tango) bullheaded position of two factions blindly claiming and seeking to promote themselves as right -- for it is these two distinct extremes of thought and belief that have set the stage for the very political and ideological extremes that have served to bring about the Polarization of our Society, today, in coercing and peer pressuring individuals to choose between one of only two extremes: i.e.: Right Wing Conservative & Left Wing Liberal.


Yet, there remains one pertinently powerful (right in your face but sight unseen), additional, fact that is being ignored, as overlooked, by both sides of two opposed extremes who would rather have you as an enemy, than to see you, as a Moderate. For neither Right nor Left, Religious nor Atheist, are willing to take a position of common sense logic based sound reasoning that takes into account the deficits and the amenities of both positions rendered as the extremes they, themselves have created. And all of this Polarization, due to the reality of the above mentioned groups refusing to give or budge even an iota's smidgen in seeking after truth for the benefit of all Humanity as Mankind; to seek truth honestly and selflessly in endeavoring to arrive at true, workable and livable, solutions suitable for ensuring a peaceful, profitable, perpetuity's future for Humanity as Mankind -- a future that I, personally, believe must preserve and assure the retainment of every Human Being's individuality, as well as every Human Being's reasonable right (as a uniquely individual Human Being) to that grand Freedom's concept of life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as members of The Human Race.


Therefore, here is my brutally frank and totally candid take on the root cause of the Polarization which we all do see taking place within our modern day Society: The Religious Conservative Right of Extremes outright refuses to consider, discuss, or admit to any possibility that would, or might, allude to, or confess, the reality that, just perhaps, the very teachings which Organized Religion professes to the world may not be based upon the very truths which it believes and claims to be sharing with the world as the Truth -- and that for sheer tremors' terrors of fear of arriving at a cold harsh reality: Regardless of how our Universe came to exist, the very concept that Organized Religion refers to as God is a Man's imagination creation and fabrication simplified thusly: God is Man, as, Man is God. It is fear, fear of giving up God (a God that does not exist but in the minds of men), fear of arriving at Atheism, which prevents the Religious Right from open and reasonable examination's discussion of logic derived facts of our accurate reality as Human Beings; as Mankind struggling to continue our existence upon this planet as The Human Race.



In a hand-basket fast on its way to Hell in a nutshell: The Religious Right and The Atheist Left are running f*****g a*s scared: Scaredy-Cats, with Organized Religion fearful of losing God on the one hand of extremism, Atheism afraid of even entertaining the possible existence of a true Creator of all that is and will ever be (what I choose to term as an Ultimate It) that exists outside and incomprehensibly beyond any realm or concept of any Religion's God -- is, in fact, is bigger than Man's concept of God, for my proposed Ultimate It is not plagued by a Narcissism's Insecurity Complex, is not Ego-Maniacal, and does not demand or require the prostrate yourself and grovel at God's Feet Factor of worship and obedience, lest such an Ultimate It cease to exist as though It, as an Ultimate It, depended upon Man's belief in It, as the Ultimate It, in order to continue Its Ultimate It existence as the orchestration of all Man witnesses as existence within all Existence that we call our Universe. Atheists are afraid of finding any proposed Ultimate It. For, to propose that the Universe simply pulled itself out of the Magician's Hat of its own arse is totally illogical, and reeks of fear induced insanity. On the other hand, Organized Religion is afraid of giving up a nonexistent God. I sincerely say, “F**k Organized Religion's concept of God!” And, I shall never accept the foolish notion that the Universe has simply always existed, or is, metaphorically, asexual in having spawned itself as, literal Creator of itself as our Universe.


In final conclusion, from my personal viewpoint, it is, both, the (Far Left of Extremism) Atheist, and the (Far Right of Extremism) Bible, New Testament, Koran, thumping Religious, who are literally f*****g up the world in which we all must live, Polarizing and destroying the very Society in which we do live, and that by stubbornly creating, fabricating, and selfishly insisting upon allowing for only two positions of thought and belief of viewpoint (beyond any rhyme of logic's reason) in pitting one against the other as opposite poles separated by a vast distance, which they, themselves, have created as a position which makes for and allows for a choice of only two options of extremes of Extremism -- a position that makes no allowance or accepted realm for common sense logic based sound reasoning's peaceful seeking of moderation as a Moderate. And, we scratch our heads and wonder, in our world separated by Polarization, why people commit heinous acts of Extremism. Go figure!



(Written September 23rd, 2022)


© 2022 Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

orgnized religions are losing customers daily....they just don't keep up with the times...and are so full of contradictions and hypocrisy...
and yes, there is no middle anymore...extremism on each side and no willingness to work together....very sad.
And free thinking, thinking outside the box...It is work but a good challenge for me as a teacher to get my students to think outside the box and not just accept the teachings handed down forever, the same old same old....
none of it is logical.
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

1 Year Ago

Thanks, Jacob, for taking the time to read this little Prose Poetry-Article that seeks to make peopl.. read more



Reviews

orgnized religions are losing customers daily....they just don't keep up with the times...and are so full of contradictions and hypocrisy...
and yes, there is no middle anymore...extremism on each side and no willingness to work together....very sad.
And free thinking, thinking outside the box...It is work but a good challenge for me as a teacher to get my students to think outside the box and not just accept the teachings handed down forever, the same old same old....
none of it is logical.
j.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

1 Year Ago

Thanks, Jacob, for taking the time to read this little Prose Poetry-Article that seeks to make peopl.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

53 Views
1 Review
Added on September 23, 2022
Last Updated on December 11, 2022
Tags: Philosophy, Life, Existence, Atheism, Origin-Of-Existence, Humanity, Mankind, Organized-Religion, Judaism, Christianity, Islam

Author

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Smalltown, TX



About
“Hello! Welcome to my profile page. As a Creative Writer, I pen a variety of material that ranges from piss poor attempts at Poetry, to morbidly Dark Fiction, to investigative, in depth, re.. more..

Writing