If The Life Is In The Blood?

If The Life Is In The Blood?

A Story by Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
"

Yet, another candid examination of the circumstances involved in any alleged resurrection of that man Christianity refers to as Jesus ....

"


If The Life Is In The Blood?


Written By Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Copyright © 2020 Marvin Thomas Cox

DBA: Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

All Rights Reserved






In beginning this article of speculative Free Thinking1 objectivism and conjecture, allow me to establish the premise for this article's title, If The Life Is In The Blood -- and that with a few choice passages of scripture, beginning with the Old Testament (Tanakh) …



Gen 9:4 KJV -- But flesh with the life thereof, which is the blood thereof, shall ye not eat. (Underlining is mine)


Lev 3:17 KJV -- It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat nor blood. (Font color is mine)


Lev 17:10-12 KJV -- And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eateth any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eateth blood, and will cut him off from among his people. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourneth among you eat blood. (Font Color & Underlining are mine)


Lev 17:14 KJV -- For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off. (Font Color & Underlining are mine)



Deu 12:23 KJV -- Only be sure that thou eat not the blood: for the blood is the life; and thou mayest not eat the life with the flesh. (Font Color & Underlining are mine)




Now, allow me to paraphrase the basic contextual gist of the above passages expressed in an average Joe laymen's simplified language without entering into a long winded anatomical explanation: Without blood, you are a corpse soon to become a decomposing rigor mortis stiff, and the fact that you were loved, revered, or hated makes absolutely no difference -- for without life's blood, blood which provides us each with life and certifies us as living beings, we are all as dead as a door nail, as the age old adage goes ...


Whether one believes or accepts the above passages to be divinely spoken truth (penned to page by the hand of man) or not, Christianity does in fact base its very foundation of existence upon particular passages of the Old Testament (Tanakh) used to support its claim that the historical Jesus was, indeed, the prophesied messiah of the Jewish nation.


Some would now recite the age old adage of, "out with the old and in with the new," which is exactly that which Christianity has attempted to do in clinging only to those Old Testament (Tanakh) passages that serve the purposes of promoting its beliefs and teachings. One might easily ask, what ever happened to turn about fair play? After all, if it is true that "what is good for the goose is good for the gander," then, is not fair to apply a bit of goose grease to a very squeaky wheel of contradictory doubt to be flagrantly found within more than just a few particular passages of the New Testament? We are told in the Gospel(s) that Jesus allegedly resurrected himself from the grave a few days after his execution via crucifixion by the Romans. We are told that to insure he was dead before removing his body from the execution stake, a spear was thrust into his side (no mention of which side) and blood and water gushed out. The Gospel(s) make(s) clear that Jesus died and was certifiably dead when taken down from the execution stake and placed in the alleged tomb wherein he (God?) was purported to have later resurrected himself (him?) from the dead.


What, exactly did Jesus (God?) have to overcome in order to restore his dead and decomposing body to a state of living, breathing, metabolizing human being in full possession of regenerated mental capacity complete with memories, as well as the complete restoration of all of his bodily tissues and vital organs? Such a task would be more daunting than one might think ...



How Long Does It Take A Body To Decompose? @ Ranker.com: “... Decomposition begins immediately after death, in a stage known as autolysis, or self digestion. During this process, as the name implies, the body begins digesting itself. As cells are deprived of oxygen, they begin to breakdown and release membranes that are then digested by enzymes. Typically, this begins in the liver and brain due to the high water and enzyme content in these areas. As your body eats itself, your internal temperature drops as blood stops flowing. This causes blood to coagulate, stiffening the arteries, veins, and capillaries. This leads to the well-known phenomenon of rigor mortis, in which corpses become stiff and immobile. This usually occurs two to six hours after death. Rigor mortis lasts about 24 hours. After it passes, blood settles in the area of the body that was closest to the ground at the time of death. The area where blood settles develops a red-brown stain. For example, if you died after falling down headfirst, you would get a blotchy brown stain on your face. Other body parts begin to take on a bluish tinge within eight to 10 hours of death. Ever wonder when a corpse starts to smell? A bad odor begins two to three days after death, in a process known as putrefaction. It's caused by micro-organisms in your intestines. These organisms do not die immediately along with you. Instead, after death they begin eating through the intestines. After a few days, micro-organisms spread across your thighs and stomach. This eventually causes a foul odor, similar to the scent of rotten eggs and methane. Other side effects include a protruding tongue, a greenish patch on the belly, and fluid oozing from the mouth and nostrils ...”2 (Bold Lettering & Underlining are mine)




Factors Affecting Human Decomposition: Initial decay -- 0 to 3 days after death: “As cells of the body are deprived of oxygen, carbon dioxide in the blood increases, pH decreases and wastes accumulate which poison the cells. Concomitantly, unchecked cellular enzymes (lipases, proteases, amylases, etc.) begin to dissolve the cells from the inside out, eventually causing them to rupture, and releasing nutrient-rich fluids. This process begins and progresses more rapidly in tissues that have a high enzyme content (such as the liver) and a high water content such as the brain, but eventually affects all the cells in the body. At the same time gut bacteria begin to break down the intestines and start to invade other parts of the body.



Putrefaction -- 4 to 10 days after death: “Microorganisms (bacteria, fungi and protozoa) break down tissues and cells into gases, liquids and simple molecules. This usually occurs under anaerobic conditions, releasing fluids into body cavities. Bacteria break down haemoglobin (in blood cells) to sulfhaemoglobin causing the green colour change of the skin. Various gases (hydrogen sulphide, carbon dioxide, methane, ammonia, sulphur dioxide, cadaverine (pentamethylenediamine) putrescine (butanediamine) and hydrogen) are formed within the abdomen forcing various liquids and faeces out of the body and causing swelling of the mouth lips and tongue. Bacteria enter the venous system causing the blood to haemolyse causing red streaks followed by colour change to green caused by marbleisation. Blisters form on the skin filled with various body fluids. The skin starts to slip off the body ...”3



Facts: What Happens To A Body After Death: “... The intestines are packed with millions of micro-organisms that don't die with the person. Therefore these organisms start the job of decomposition immediately by breaking down the dead cells of the intestines. As the bacteria starts to eat through the gut the first sign is usually a greenish patch on the lower right belly which also blisters. Then special bacteria called clostridia and coliforms start to invade other parts of the body and putrefaction spreads across the stomach before travelling down the thighs and across the chest. This rotting produces foul-smelling matter which include the gases hydrogen sulphide (the smell produced by rotting eggs) and methane. These internal gases push the intestines out through the rectum, the tongue may protrude and fluid from the lungs oozes out of the mouth and nostrils ...”4 (Bold lettering & Underlining are mine)


Life After Death: The Science Of Human Decomposition: “ … As the gas pressure continues to build up inside the body, it causes blisters to appear all over the skin surface, and then loosening, followed by ‘slippage,’ of large sheets of skin, which remain barely attached to the deteriorating frame underneath. Eventually, the gases and liquefied tissues purge from the body, usually leaking from the anus and other orifices, and often also from ripped skin in other parts of the body. Sometimes, the pressure is so great that the abdomen bursts open ...”5 (Bold lettering & Underlining are mine)


The History Of Jewish Burial Sites: “From the archaeological record, we know that the burial practices of the earliest Jews, the Israelites and the Judahites (who would unite into the people called yehudim, or the Jews), usually interred their dead in 'family caves' located outside the settlement. These 'family caves' were usually created by expanding naturally-occurring tunnels in the chalky foothills of the region ...”6



Now, while contemplating that which you have read above, take careful note of John 20:17 below ...


Joh 20:17 KJV -- Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God. (Font Color is mine)


Had Jesus arisen in a human body restored to full functioning metabolism of life, brain function, and memories with the decomposition process of his dead body having been completely and miraculously reversed, then, there would have been absolutely no logical or Torah based reason as to why the woman should, or could, not touch him. The only logical reason for this statement within this passage is that this anonymous Gospel(s)7 author's representation of an alleged risen Jesus is, as per Luke 24:39 below, bloodless and, therefore, does not in any fashion qualify as a man who was certifiably dead and come back to full functionality of living mortal life via physical resurrection, because living mortal bodies possess blood as a necessity of maintaining life functions among the land of the living.


Luk 24:39 KJV -- Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have. (Bold Lettering, Font Color & Underlining are mine)



Immediately, those who are blind and blindly leading the blind will jump to the rescue of our bloodless Jesus depicted above in saying, “Well, let us not forget that Jesus shed every drop of his blood upon the cross for the sins of the world.”


Okay, let us theoretically say that this claim were to be true. If God, or Jesus himself, actually raised Jesus physically from the dead in reversing the decomposition process of his dead body to see him rise from the dead with mind and memories, organs and tissues, fully restored, then, he would obviously possess a beating and functional heart that would naturally be pumping blood through his arteries and veins due to restored bone marrow that would be working pall mall to produce blood cells needed to keep his restored and resurrected body alive and well on planet Earth. Or else, he would not need a heart, had no heart, perhaps, no internal organs whatsoever -- and what does that say in regards to a belief in any conception of a physical resurrection?


Next, some devout and fervent Christian soul will tout proudly, "But Jesus was raised from the dead in his glorified body!"


Okay, dear person, repeat what you have just stated, and that to yourself very slowly and methodically.


"But Jesus was raised from the dead in his glorified body!"


There you go. I rest my case by witness of your own words, words which state that you are seeing the truth, while, at the same time, you are blinded to the truth: Jesus was not physically raised from the dead, as per your own statement of affirmation, and the testimony of the Gospel(s) passages above.


It is stated in Hebrews 9:27:


Heb 9:27 KJV -- And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment.


But quite obviously the author of the book of Hebrews did not know what he was talking about, because ten people8 were alleged to have been raised from the dead in the entirety of the Christian Bible but the judgment has yet to come. As per exampled below, taken from the Bible.org article: Accounts Of People Raised From The Dead:


1. Elijah raised the son of the Zarephath widow from the dead (1 Kings 17:17-22).

2. Elisha raised the son of the Shunammite woman from the dead (2 Kings 4:32-35).

3. A man was raised from the dead when his body touched Elisha’s bones (2 Kings 13:20, 21).

4. Many saints rose from the dead at the resurrection of Jesus (Matt. 27:50-53).

5. Jesus rose from the dead (Matt. 28:5-8Mark 16:6Luke 24:5, 6).

6. Jesus raised the son of the widow of Nain from the dead (Luke 7:11-15).

7. Jesus raised the daughter of Jairus from the dead (Luke 8:41, 42, 49-55).

8. Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead (John 11:1-44).

9. Peter raised Dorcas from the dead (Acts 9:36-41).

10. Eutychus was raised from the dead by Paul (Acts 20:9, 10).


Strangely enough, in addition to the above contradictory passages, Acts 26:23 has this to say about being raised from the dead -- one must assume being raised from the dead is equivalent to resurrection -- and yet this author seems to be oblivious to those persons previously raised from the dead in the Old Testament, as well as completely ignorant of those persons (i.e.: Lazarus) alleged to have been raised from the dead by Jesus himself before his arrest, trial, and death by execution ...


Act 26:23 KLJV -- That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.  (Bold Lettering, Font Color, & Underlining are mine)


Yet, according to the information given above in Bible.org citing every person to have been raised from the dead within the textual body of the Bible's entirety, Jesus was not the first person to be raised from the dead. And so, we have uncovered yet another untruth.


The first untruth we have uncovered is that of a physical resurrection of Jesus himself and, which brings into question Christianity's promise of a physical resurrection of all mortal men who have died and shall die before the alleged rapturous return of Jesus himself. The next untruth we have uncovered is that of the judgment following immediately upon a person allegedly having been raised from the dead, for no such thing took place with our Old Testament (Tanakh) personages whom we can only discern and assume were factually brought back to life in their physical bodies (or that is at least what we are expected to believe) and lived out the rest of their lives, in contradiction of the above author of the book of Hebrews, to face death once again. The same fate obviously held true for all those, aside from Jesus himself, who were alleged to have been raised from the dead in the Gospel(s) and New Testament -- all in direct contradiction to the alleged divinely penned words of the author of the book of Hebrews. Without a doubt, someone does not know what the hell they are talking about!


As for our Casper the friendly ghost Jesus, at very best of a worst case scenario of utter and sheer malarkey, if Jesus in any way came to life after his execution and stay in the grave, he was, at best, none other than a ghost, a spirit, to which the Law of Moses (Torah) forbids communication with as per Levitcus 19:31:


Lev 19:31 JPS -- Turn ye not unto the ghosts, nor unto familiar spirits; seek them not out, to be defiled by them.


Fact: If Jesus was but a spirit, a ghost, and nothing more than evidence of some sort of spiritual Afterlife beyond this life culminating in our deaths, then, there was no need for the dead, rancid, and rotting body of Jesus to up and disappear from the tomb -- and, hence, no need for the stone to be rolled away.


Yet, Jesus is quoted as stating in the Gospel(s):


Joh 2:19 KJV -- Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up


Let it suffice to say that, ghosts and spirits have no need of being raised from the dead, because they are dead!


Furthermore, if those ten individuals who were alleged to have been raised from the dead in the Christian Bible were actually raised physically from the dead, which is indicated as such, why did the judgment not come for them as it is strongly alluded to that each of these persons went on about living their normal lives upon this Earth thereafter and, we can only assume, must have died again despite what the anonymous author of the book of Hebrews had to say about dying only once, and then the judgment.


As for Jesus, if he was raised from the dead in a glorified spirit(ual) body, the following becomes the reality he would have faced upon approaching his disciples: The Law of Moses (Torah) explicitly commands all Israel to not, as in never, communicate with the dead -- as in dead spirits, ghosts, the alleged supernatural Afterlife of human beings who have departed this life in having died for whatever reason or reasons. Therefore, the disciples of such a dead man's spirit named Jesus, if they were obedient to the Law of Moses, would have never had anything to do with him, once they realized that he was the spirit of a dead man revealed quite obviously by his alleged statement in Luke 24:39, as well as those note worthy moments when it is alleged that he materialized (transported himself Star Trek/Superman style?: See my articles Jesus, Superman & Harry Houdini, &, Credibility Is) himself into their midst in a room which was said to have all doors and windows secured and closed.


Joh 20:19 KJV -- Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you. (Font Color & Underlining are mine)



Joh 20:26 KJV -- And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you. (Font Color & Underlining are mine)


Clearly, had Jesus been physically resurrected, he would likely not have been able to pass through walls or simply materialize in the midst of his disciples' homes. A mortally resurrected man would have simply knocked on the door to greet and gain access to visiting with his disciples in demonstrating that he had, indeed and of fact, returned from the dead -- and was in dire need of a fumigating, stench-of-death-removing, bath. Thus, all the above is but theatrics and drama created to draw the reader's attention away from the fact that Jesus was never truthfully physically raised from the dead, and so, this fact of reality assuredly negates any New Testament or Christian promise of a physical resurrection of the dead. Taking this information into account, along with the contradictions we have examined within our discussion, we would be wise to ask ourselves a logical question: If all of the above evidence reveals untruths upon more untruths, exactly what can be depended upon to be true when it comes to accepting and believing the Gospel(s), The New Testament, and adhering to tenets of the teachings of Christianity?


Why so? Because, when speaking of any resurrection of the dead Jesus is presented in the Gospel(s) as giving forth, at least, the given appearance of speaking of a literal dead human body restored to physically living life resurrection from the decomposing state of the dead. But, the same representation is not true of the self-appointed and self-professed apostle who called himself Paul, aka Saul of Tarsus, who had these mystically magical words to say in regards any allusion to imagined elusive illusions of a true and mortal bodily resurrection from the dead for any believer in that person he claimed to have met upon the road to Damascus, that he claimed was, and referred to as, Jesus ...


1Co 15:52 KJV -- In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed(Font Color & Underlining are mine)



1Co 15:42 KJV -- So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption. (Font Color & Underlining are mine)



In speaking of incorruption and detailing the dead (lost?) being sown in corruption, Paul is clearly not speaking of a literal physical resurrection of anyone from the dead, but that, expressly, of a ghostly, spirit, nature and mode of existence that stands diametrically opposed to the teachings and admonishments of the Law Of Moses (Torah). With this shared, if Jesus was truly the perfect sacrifice for sin, a man perfectly obedient to the Law Of Moses (Torah), then he himself would have been opposed to the concept or suggestion of his resurrection being that of a ghost or spirit which the Law of Moses (Torah) expressly forbade his disciples from communicating or associating with. In fact, to be resurrected in such a state would have rendered him a Lawless (Torahless) man, a disgrace to his Heavenly Father as God and a revealed as imperfect sacrifice for the sins of Mankind, although it is said that the God of Abraham does not accept human sacrifice, so go figure, and ponder upon that state of affairs which I discuss in detail within my article, Behold Jesus: God's Sun Sacrifice For Human Sin ...


Thus, in closing, please allow me to share these final thoughts: The fervently religious minded might view it as feasible to continue arguing that the contradictory passages above do indeed support the Church taught belief in an Afterlife via Jesus with God in Heaven. However, in clinging stubbornly to Blind Faith, such an argument negates, and illogically ignores, the reality that the dead and decomposing body of Jesus was not truly and factually raised to true and real walking, talking, breathing, metabolizing, eating and defecating human as a living mortal man life in having overcome, not only death, but the decomposition of his body which, at that point, entailed the decomposition of his brain, liver, eyes, and intestines (add footnote on decomposition), for if as such had truly been the case, with Jesus' body fully restored to its human and mortal existence state of just prior to his execution, with only the stench of dead and decomposition remaining as witness to the reality that he had died and returned to living as a human being life, then, all that would have been necessary to correct the situation would have been a cool dip bath in the nearest stream or river, and obviously, this was not the case.

Face it, folks, we have all been duped, we have all been had, and we have all been lied to ...

Now that we know the truth, the question is, what shall we do but confess the truth and immediately extract ourselves from this Mulligan's Stew of veritable tasty t**d lies, heretofore disguised as Christianity's -- anonymously fabricated, fairy-tales of mythology seasoned -- recipe for Salvation Pie?






(Written December 18th, 2020)

© 2023 Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham


Author's Note

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
EVIDENTIAL FOOTNOTES:
1 “A true Free Thinker — '... any person who is willing to accept and explore the possibility that everything they were ever taught to believe as an established truth may not actually be true, and that honestly, selflessly, and diligently in search of that which is true, rather than choosing to cling, blindly, to accepted and commonly held truths.' — is best represented by the Atheist willing to entertain and explore the notion that there just might be a Creative Source of some kind — out there somewhere — beyond the teachings of Organized Religion, in turn paralleled by that avidly religious person willing to entertain and explore the notion that all he has ever been taught by his chosen religion is but man made mythological fairy-tales ...” — Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn (Taken from my article, The Road To All Too Soon: https://allpoetry.com/column/16048305-The-Road-To-All-Too-Soon-by-Flynn-de-Graham & my snippet of philosophical thought, A True Free Thinker: https://allpoetry.com/journal/16056345-A-True-Free-Thinker-by-Flynn-de-Graham )

2 How Long Does It Take A Body To Decompose? — https://www.ranker.com/list/how-long-does-it-take-a-body-to-decompose/erin-wisti

3 Factors Affecting Human Decomposition — https://pure.qub.ac.uk/portal/files/4112087/green_grave_report.pdf

4 Facts: What Happens to a Body After Death — http://www.memorialpages.co.uk/articles/decomposition.php

5 Life After Death: The Science of Human Decomposition — https://www.theguardian.com/science/neurophilosophy/2015/may/05/life-after-death

6 The History Of Jewish Burial Sites — https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-the-history-of-jewish-burial-rites-1.5353617

7 The Gospels Were Written Anonymously & Assigned Names By The Roman Catholic Church: The Catholic Encyclopedia: Gospel and Gospels — “... The first four historical books of the New Testament are supplied with titles (Euangelion kata Matthaion, Euangelion kata Markon, etc.), which, however ancient, do not go back to the respective authors of those sacred writings ...” https://www.newadvent.org/cathen/06655b.htm

8 Accounts of People Raised from the Dead — https://bible.org/illustration/accounts-people-raised-dead

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on February 17, 2023
Last Updated on February 17, 2023
Tags: Existence, Life, Organized-Religion, Heaven, Hell, Jesus, Christianity, God, Eternal-Life, Afterlife, Judaism, Islam, Paradise, The-Roman-Catholic-Church, Free-Thinking

Author

Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham
Marvin Thomas Cox-Flynn de Graham

Smalltown, TX



About
“Hello! Welcome to my profile page. As a Creative Writer, I pen a variety of material that ranges from piss poor attempts at Poetry, to morbidly Dark Fiction, to investigative, in depth, re.. more..

Writing