First Dinner

First Dinner

A Story by FocusedAmnesia
"

If only love were this easy.

"
Her legs swung back and forth as her hands braced the edge. She loved coming to this spot. It was deep within the trees, though the majority of the forest had been cut down ages ago, it was still private. The cliff had been tagged with a few bits of graffiti, but she had never seen anyone else here before. So, she sat, her eyes slightly focused as she stared out over the river, just breathing slowly as she emptied her mind.

The crunch of some leaves brought her out of her peaceful state. She was always quite alert, taking in her surroundings, especially because she spent much time here, alone. Quickly, she stood up, almost losing her shoe as she spun around to face the noise. It took her all but a moment to find out where the noise came from, and who made it. Her eyes widened, and fear coursed through her veins, sending warnings to her brain. She swallowed.

"How did you get here?" She questioned. "There are no wolves in this area."

The wolf stayed frozen. She was unable to tell if it was even breathing, it was so quiet. The fear, the majority of it, left her body, and she took a hesitant step forward. There was no way she wanted to die at the paws or teeth of this animal, but she couldn't help but feel that it was frightened.

"Are you hurt?" She took another step forward.

Suddenly, the wolf shook. It's body rumbled, from it's hind legs, up to the head. She stayed put, fear entering her body once more. It happened quick, almost to quick for her eyes. In just a few seconds, the shaking wolf turned into a crumpled, naked girl.

She gasped, "Holy s**t!"

The fear left, and worry exploded within her. She ran towards the girl, kneeling down beside her. Reaching for the hem of her hoodie, she pulled it off her body hastily, laying it over the naked form before her.

"You aren't scared?" The girl's question came out in a whisper, too afraid to speak any louder.
"I'm scared," She answered, "I'm also worried, and completely shocked. Are you hurt?"
The girl shook her head.
"I'm Naomi."
"Amelia."
Naomi exhaled. "So, how'd you get here?"
Clutching the hoodie, Amelia sat up. "I got lost."
"Okay," Naomi stood up, "Let's see if I can get you back home." She looked down at the small girl. "Oh, I'll, um, turn around."

Once the girl slipped the hoodie over her head, the two headed to Naomi's house. They chatted lightly, Naomi explaining exactly where she lived. To make things easier, the girls just got in Naomi's car, plugged Amelia's address into the GPS, and zoomed off.

"Two hours," Naomi whistled. "How old are you?"
"Twelve."
Naomi took a quick glance at her. "A twelve year old werewolf that is two hours from home. Sheesh."
"Yeah, my brother's going to be really mad."

*********************

"This is where you live?"
"Um, yeah." Amelia put her hand on the doorknob, "Can you--"
"Amelia!"
She sighed, "Great."
"You get your a*s out of that car, right now."

Both Amelia and Naomi stepped out. They stood a few feet in front of the male who had been yelling, but now he was quiet, staring at Naomi in a way she couldn't figure out. Amelia was growing antsy, wanting her brother to yell at her now, instead of later.

"Um," Naomi cleared her, "I'm Naomi. Amelia got lost, so I brought her back." She wasn't sure if the male was listening to her. "It's a two hour drive, so I should head back. It's getting dark."
"Stay," Amelia took her new friend's hand," Please. You shouldn't drive home in the dark, and Mason could make us something to eat." She looked at her brother expectantly.
"Yes, come in. The least I could do for you bringing Amelia home."

The three entered the house, and Naomi felt immediately comfortable. The house gave off an incredible homey vibe. Amelia bounded up the stairs, talking a mile a minute, and Naomi tried to keep up with her. After an very energetic tour of the house, Naomi landed in the kitchen, where Mason was cooking.

"How much do you know?"
Naomi was a little startled, not expecting him to talk. "I'm guessing you mean the whole werewolf thing?"
"And that's my answerer." He slowly stirred the ingredients in the pot. "You aren't scared?"
"Nah," she shook her head, "Well, a little, but after Amelia changed, I was worried. I thought she was hurt or something."
"Thank you." Mason faced her. "I don't know what I would have done if Amelia didn't come back home." He sighed, "She's new to the werewolf thing. It happens when we hit puberty, the full change, and she just loves to run. This isn't the first time she's gotten lost. Her senses aren't fully developed yet."
"I take it your parents aren't around?"
"Both died when we were younger."
"That's sad." Naomi bit her bottom lip, "So, are there, like, more of you?"
"Werewolves?" He nodded, "Yes, we travel in groups. Our pack has six people, including myself and Amelia. She's the only girl."
"That's going to be tough on her."
"Yeah, and on me." He sighed. "I'm hoping she doesn't find her mate until she's older, like twenty-five."
Naomi's ears perked up, "Mate?"
"Wolves mate for life. We can feel it, in out heart, head, and gut. When we meet our mate, we know."
"That's romantic."
Mason nodded, "If it works out. Sometimes the person we are meant to be with doesn't want to be with us, and it's just over. The wolf cannot mate again after that, and usually end up with depression."
"Have you met your mate?" She asked.
He looked at her, deep into her eyes to test her reaction, "Yes, I am looking at her."
Her hands flew to her mouth, "Oh!"
"Scared now?"
"More intrigued than anything," she admitted. "Is that why I feel so... at home here?"
"Could be," Mason shrugged. "I'm not entirely sure how the whole mate thing works. Only one person in our pack has met his, and they are so lovey-dovey I can't stand to be near them."
"How old are you?"
"Twenty, you?"
"Seventeen," She answered in a low voice.
"Figures," He shook his head, with a half smirk on his lips. "Only I'd find my mate to be underage."
"Hey, it's only a year or so."
Mason walked over to her, leaning over the table, inches from our face. "Honestly, I find it odd that you are so comfortable with the fact that you are with werewolves, and yet, I find it incredibly attractive."
"Well, I'm a believer," she told him, "Werewolves, ghosts, whatever. Who am I to say they don't exist?"
"Wise," he murmured.
"Is dinner done yet?" Amelia bounded into the room.
"Almost," her brother answered as he pulled away from Naomi.
"Did you tell your parents that you're staying here tonight?" Amelia asked.
"I don't need to."
Mason looked at her, "Yes, you do."
"No, I don't," she shook her head, "I've been emancipated for the last year."
"You don't have any parents?" Amelia asked.
"Well, technically I do, but they weren't fit to be parents."
"You can stay with us!" Amelia looked at her brother with excitement, "Can't she Mase? It would be so, so, so cool to have a girl around. Plus, she knows, and she's totally okay with us!"
"How about we think about it," Mason said, answering his sister, but staring at Naomi.
She smiled, "I think it'd be cool to have a little sister."
"Yay!" Amelia squealed. "This is going to be so awesome!"
"Okay, calm down kid." Mason spoke as he set the food on the table. "Let's enjoy our first dinner together."

© 2010 FocusedAmnesia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it really sucked me into the writing when the wolf turned into a girl out of no where. Keeps you looking for more.!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A charming story. I think you could expand on this, but it is perfect as a short story. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 21, 2010
Last Updated on August 21, 2010
Tags: Blieve, Wolf, Werewolves, Mate

Author

FocusedAmnesia
FocusedAmnesia

NJ



About
Feel free to chat, send requests, and/or keep me company:] more..

Writing
Whole Whole

A Poem by FocusedAmnesia