Chapter 2 Do I Like You Or Know You?

Chapter 2 Do I Like You Or Know You?

A Chapter by ALittleBitOfEverything

  Monday 23rd April


Today, me and Lucy went out after school finished. We had a lot of homework for our exams coming up in May, June and July, so we were up to out neck's in work. It was exhausting, but I couldn't stress enough that I felt like Lucy was hiding something from me.
                   I just stared at her back as she sashayed down the road like Shakira, her medium length dyed blonde hair so light it looked like feathers. She had dyed the ends purple and blue, the colors mixing like watercolors it was amazing and beautiful. Her skin lovely and tanned, eyes a bright blue and eyelashes always locked up in mascara. Her pouty lips always layered with lip balm or rarely, lip gloss.
                   "Lucy, what did you wanna tell me?" Lucy had been very brittle when I went onto a boy subject. If I asked her 'who do you like?', she'd turn all mushy on me or just change the subject. And I hate it when she, no, when people do that. It's like asking for a piece of food and hiding it behind your back saying you don't have any.
                   Lucy skipped backwards to me, her hair in a high ponytail with a front fringe perfecttly above her sea blue eyes. She wore jean shorts with her bare and long legs, along with high heeled black boots. A black shirt that showed her stomach that read 'I'm a B***h!' across it and a cute panda necklace.
                   I wore an Avril Lavigne top with a skull on with my favourite black skinny jeans with my cola tasty lip balm and door keys. Also with my new cool black and white converses and bracelets. And a little skull bag by my side.
                   "Oh, nothing." Lucy giggled, looking at me with amusement, even though I hated being the last to know stuff.
                   "'Nothing'?" I repeated, laughing shockingly and walking just a few paces backwards. I felt a ice breaking breeze crash through me, making my body become cool. I sighed in sweet bliss. "You're prancing around like a fairy with a huge grin on your face. It has to be a boy!" I giggled along with her and grabbed her arm.
                   Her eyes sparkled almost, as if like the sea. With every ripple of waves, the sunlight caught the water at just the right moment and made the water glitter. Her smile causing dimples to form in her cheeks, it was cute yet weird, since she only smiles that much from my jokes and dirty mind and a boy that she likes texting her.
                   "Lucy," I stood still, feeling sick from watching her, like sea sick. A crazy motion in my gut, like I couldn't watch her or I would actually throw up. "You're practiaclly glowing." I whispered, my mind recoiling into the darkness at the corners.
                  She stopped and looked at me, her lips parted and eyes roaming mine. I raised my pierced eyebrow at her and she smiled sadly at me.
                  "Okay." She buzzed, her eyes stuck to the floor. I felt uncomfortable, it's not like she hasn't told me she's liked someone. "It is a boy-"
                  "I could kinda tell." I retorted, smiling a victorious smile at her. Lucy started humming 'R.I.P' from Rita Ora, recently, it's became Lucy's favourite song.
                  "Shut up." She laughed as we were just standing in the middle of the path. To our side was a bus stop and behind that, little shops. But across the road was more shops, more bigger ones. "Well, I went out with him the other day with him and his friends." She began to giggle again, I swear, I wanted to knock her out since I couldn't hear a word she was saying.
                   "Oh?" I mouthed, swiftly manourerving around her. Trying not to spoil her hazy and on-cloud-nine moment. I want to get everything out her, squeeze it out if I have to like an orange.
                   "I know him from Michael's friend's," She smiled at the sky like a fairy, her light hair blowing like feathers in the wind. Michael was one of our gayest friends, but he was the emo, hardcore kinda gay person. He was so sweet and protective of his close friends like me and Lucy, and he had the hottest friends ever. So this is why Lucy would've fallen for one of them. "We all went out the other day, you know, just walking around the hill-"
                   "The hill?" I mocked, having not been there for weeks is kind of frustrating. The Hill is just a green hill, behind it is just a main road and loads of shops, but when you climb to the top, you'll be greeted with a perfect little scenary. We live near the docks, and the hill has a spine tingling view, that makes you stop breathing just to take it all in. The water stretching so far to the ends of the earth, to the pit of the oily sunset.
                  "Yeah," Lucy continued. "And I seen him and I was like." Then Lucy dropped her jaw and made her eyes bug out. I couldn't help but laugh at her, that expression was priceless. "And Michael introduced us and he gave me a little hug." Lucy chirped like a flute. Huh, I didn't know she'd swallowed an instrument.
                  "So you like him? Like, 'like' him like him?" I know I sounded confusing, but me and Lucy talked a whole 'nother language that people would do double takes on us, and only we understood eachother.
                  "Mhmm." She stared at her feet, a graceful set to her features was quite scary, since she's never this quiet. "I really like him." She looked at me with a solemn face, thinking to herself.
                  I was so envious of Lucy. I've never known what it's lik to fall for someone, yet she always seems to fall for someone every week. And somehow ends up getting with them, and I seem to be the third wheel, and then stop hanging out with her and her boyfriends. Then next time I see her, I bet she'll have this guy she likes wrapped around her little finger.
                  "Does he like you?" I asked as we began walking again, our footsteps matching. A guy walked past us and we fell silent, until I glanced up and burst out laughing.
                  The dude that walked past was fat with ugly worn grey sweats on, but I wasn't laughing at him because of what he wore, but he was picking his nose. Well not picking, he might as well have fisted his nostrils.
                   "Oh my gosh, that's the most disgusting thing I've seen all day." Lucy snickered as soon as the dude was out of earshot.
                   "Lucy!" I whispered harshly while lightly shoving her, she just continued laughing. "Anyway, back to the subject. Do you know if he likes you?" Normally, they always do.
                   "No."
Okay, that was a shocker. I felt my eyes narrow at the road, then back at her suprisingly. This isn't right, when Lucy meets a guy, she knows if they like her or don't. I find it very hard to believe.
                   "Really? Wow." I muttered to myself, hauling my bag higher up my shoulder. That's really confused me.
                   The skies rumbled lightly like a belly growl, and a fierce one at that. The skies changed to a evening blue, the clouds gathering together. The streets lamps blew to life, burning a sickly yellow and moths decided to come out to play now. The roads looked hollow, but the shops around us fluttered to life. People coming out and in, me and Lucy felt so out of place on the crowded paths. But we knew it'd die down soon anyway from the gathering clouds.
                   "Let's find shelter, it's gunna rain soon." Lucy ordered and I followed her. I didn't want my make up to run in the rain. It was only mascara and a bit of eyeliner on my eye lids. Not much, but if Lucy got caught in the rain, she'd look like a drowned clown.
                   "Right behind ya." I shouted as peoples talk was louder than our own heartbeats. I tailed behind Lucy as she led us to a little Cafe.
                   It was light inside with the smell of coffee and chocolate lingered in the air like fog, but a fog I wish I could taste. If this cafe was empty, I could imagine myself frantically eating the air. White tables were scattered along the walls and dotted in the middle. Pretty wood shaded walls and a cream ceiling with professional pictures of painted coffee foam were on the walls. The counter looked cute, with little pots of cream in tubs, sugar in sachets and little plastic sticks to stir any liquid. The woman behind the counter looked at us over her thick red rimmed glasses.
                   She looked about thirty odd with little hamster cheeks and old brown eyes, her black hair a large volume on her head, and a black apron around her. Her skin the colour of beige wood, lips rouge red and lashes as long as my fingertips.
                   "Hello, welcome to Jetto Cappuccino," The name was kind of corny, but I liked it, I liked the atmosphere. It was lively and chatty. People in little groups talked away and were on their decices from the free wi-fi. "Can I take your order?"
                    Lucy looked at me. "Want anything?"
"Think they'll have any fizzy water?" I asked plainly, but Lucy burst out in giggles, turning away from the little old lady who looked confused. I just stared blankly at Lucy.
                   "It's a coffee shop, Dawny." Lucy sputtered, trying hard to catch her breath. I was now confused, yeah this is a coffee shop, but they could have water.
                   "But why laugh?" I asked with a smile, even though it didn't reach my eyes. And Lucy seen that and shut up real fast, knowing she didn't want to get on my annoyed side. I get annoyed or angry very quick, my mother said the short temper came from my father's side. 
                    "'Cause you had the straightest face when you said it." Lucy wiped at an imaginary tear, and turning back to the counter. The little old woman regained her polite smile. "Um, do you have any sparkling water?"
                    "Yes, here's the list." The little old woman pulled out a sheet of coloured paper with the drinks on it. It was bright and colourful with Jetto Cappuccino in big black block letters across the top.
                   "I want that!" I pointed to rasberry and apple sparkling water. I was dying of thirst now, and there was a table empty behind me. "Get me that, please, and I'll get us a table."
                   I turned around in a flash... Which was a bad idea.
I was smothered in water. No, sparkling water. It smelt strongly of strawberries, fluttering up my nose. I silently screamed, but just stared in shock down at myself. My Avril Lavigne shirt now doused in bubbling water that trickled to the floor. I just heard in embarrassment as people chuckled under their breath, I felt a bit better when someone whispered 'Oh my, should I help her?' The sound of dripping water hittting the creamy white tiled floor sounded like someone taking a leek.
                    "Oh s**t, I'm so sorry!" A boy gushed, his voice lined with worry and shock. I didn't dare look in his face incase I punched him. The water soaked through me instantly and every time I felt the cold fabric touch me, I felt my teeth grind harder together. Yet, suddenly, Lucy turned around and said a name I was too busy thinking to hear. Then, I feel the boy's hot hand on my shoulder and he's just guiding me like a dog.
                     I'm rushed into the disabled toilets.
I was quite shy being in here with him, but I never even looked at him. And in this stinky little toilet, I glanced up at him, ready to shout abuse at him. Then, I felt like my whole world fall apart right there and then.
                     Against the white slabs of tiles all around and the bulb hanging bare in the ceiling offered the light. And I was standing a few feet away from him, with my forearms sticking out and my jaw still dangling open.
                      This wasn't a boy, he was more like my age or older. He had dark brown hair that seemed to slide across his face, covering some of his dark brown eyes. His lips a semi full dark pink against his Latino skin colour. His eye lashes thick and hair so fluffy I wanted to touch it, he also had a thick black hat on at the back of his head. He smelt like mint body spray and I wanted to eat him up.
                      Thing is, I think I was having a panic attack in the toilets with him there. Because I wasn't breathing, I wasn't blinking. I felt my skin go all bumpy and heart thud against my chest, it was a good pain. A weird pain. And my throat ran dry, even soaken in sparkling water, I was parched.
                      "I'm so sorry." His words ran like silk through my ears I nearly shivered. I haven't felt like this in a long time. Never felt like jumping in his arms so much. I didn't even know who he is. "It look's like you're going to punch me."
                      He was pulling out tissue paper from the grey box attached to the wall and was dabbing my cheeks and chin. I felt light as a feather. It felt like electricty running through my nerves when he was touching me, it felt right. My eyes popping out of my head as I stared at him, his soft, beast like eyes staring at me sadly.
                      "I'm truly sorry." He quietly chuckled.
"I-Its okay." I stuttered, kicking my brain for sounding stupid. "I ordered a sparkling water, anyway." I laughed ironically. Then he laughed and I had the most dopiest smile on my face ever, like I'd been pumped with laughing gas.
                      "Good." He smiled, oh how I wished he'd look at me again. And when he did, his eyes on mine, it felt so intimate. I felt my knees go weak, ankles unable to hold me up any higher. I didn't want to stand, I wanted to crumble in his arms. Crumble like ash or cookies, fall like sand or water through his fingers. "Here." He held out the damp tissue paper.
                      I looked up at him, my anger I had buckled up inside me earlier had vanished and I was fluttering. I felt like being carried away by butterflies, it was such a new feeling.
                      "Well I can't exactly dry your top, can I?" He laughed again, his hair bobbing as he did so. And then I looked down at myself, my chin now dry yet sticky, but top still damp. Yep, it was kind of sticking to me like a leather play suit.
                      "Oh!" I realised, he didn't wanna touch any of that off-limits area. I snatched the tissue paper from him and began dabbing away like it was the last thing I'll do. I frantically rubbed at my black shirt, the stickiness clinging to my skin like cling film.
                      Suddenly, I wish he didn't see me like this. I was acting all mushy and bitchy when I'd only looked at him, and because I did, I wanted to make sure our eyes never looked away again.
                      "Here's some more." He was gently mopping my arms that still dribbled water, the stench filling up the room from the bleach that was rooted to the toilets. "I'm so sorry, you know." He repeated, once again. I didn't know if it was normal, but I wish he'd say it again. I loved hearing his voice.
                      "It's okay, really." I looked down at his head, he was bowed to the floor just to clear away the water that still managed to drip from me. I liked him near, his warmth filling me up. Oh dear, I've gone crazy from meeting some stranger.
                      "I'm Cameron," He stood and did a satisfied smile, then looked at me. "Nice to meet you, like this." His boyish charm seemed to rub off on me. Within minutes in this small disabled toilets, I had this washing effect in my stomach and my skin tingled where he brushed or touched with his own skin, now it burnt like a cigarette.
                      "I'm Dawn," I left my shirt and flushed the tissue. "Nice to meet you Cameron." I washed my hands and we just stayed in silence in front of eachother, our eyes elsewhere. I was too shy to even look at him, my nerves temporarily shot. "I think I should go, my friend is out there."
                      "Same." He chuckled. My blood chilled in delight.
I opened the disabled toilets door and there stood Lucy with a black tray in her hands. Her face plastered in worry and curiosity. Her hair gently coming out of her ponytail. Next to her was a boy who had a red jacket on with black skinny jeans and earphones dangling on his chest. He too wore a hat at the back of his head, but he had ash blonde hair with green eyes and slight freckles, he looked cute. Like a little Elf from a Santa Claus story.
                      "Oh my God, are you alright?" Lucy muttered as I stood awkwardly next to a silent Cameron. When Lucy's eyes drifted over to him, her eyes sort of gone wider in sudden realization.
"Oh, Cameron." She said matter-of-factly. Her features relaxing. Well, I know I'm alright in Lucy's eyes, she's forgotten about me. But she knows Cameron, now, I feel queasy.
                      "Lucy." Cameron looked at her and smiled. "Oh, hey Luce." He went over and hugged her shoulders and her smile went from small to enormous. Her face lit up like bonfire night, her eyes sparkling like the glass on her tray.
                       Wafts of coffee hit me and I felt left out here. They all acted like bestfriends while I stood here being stared at by customers. I felt like screaming at them, then I'd be chucked out. But what is this? Lucy's eyes had gone wild from looking at Cameron.
                      Lucy began to walk to a table with Cameron and the other boy and now I felt left out. It's like I didn't even exist. Like I had been forgotten within seconds. Unless... Cameron couldn't be the dude Lucy was going on about earlier.
                     I felt like the ceiling was crashing around me, people's screams ringing in my ear and I could taste the destruction in the back of my throat. This isn't true, is it?


© 2012 ALittleBitOfEverything


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

227 Views
Added on August 28, 2012
Last Updated on September 8, 2012


Author

ALittleBitOfEverything
ALittleBitOfEverything

United Kingdom



About
Right, I'm back after months! (return 09/12/2014) and I am no longer a wannabe goth kid weirdo. I no longer listen to bands that make me depressed a little and on my (maybe) last course of college of .. more..

Writing