An Urban Legend

An Urban Legend

A Story by Fran Marie
"

Murder

"

 

It was dark in the city, a sinister evening and of course it was raining,as usual, yeah, it always rains in my true or untrue tales as the case may be.
But not to get off track, back to this dark dreary night that revealed murder and how one can watch the drama unfold just as I wrote it.


He was just an ordinary run-of-the-mill hoi- polloi;blue-collar hard working married man,nevertheless a two-timing cheat,rat, that he was.
Nothing unique about him at all, unless you considered the unusual decorative walking cane he always carried around with him and the evil contained therein.
He had an ulterior motive for killing her that night.His girlfriend,a classy-dame who lived in Umber Estates among the high- class elite on the upper east side of town.
She threaten to tell his wife of their affair if he didn't leave his wife to be with her forever. She begged him for the umpteemth time and he said 'Soon baby soon'
She didn't hear the mumbling under his breath part,'Soon baby you'll be dead.'
Back to the night the dirty deed was done.Was on a thrusday he went to see her,
she was under the impression he was moving in with her,he had called earlier to say that he would .He lied!
Her house was dim actually quite dark
except for candlelight glowing from
the table,a romantic dinner setting  for two.Her ulterior motive
being to seduce him and to stay with her foreverand never to re-unite with his wife.
Yes, a classy dame in love with a cad.It happened soon as she poured the Chiante wine and lit her cigarette,her last smoke in life.He pulled the curved handle on his cane,a sharp dagger slid out and with precisoned accuracy he plunged the long blade into her, piercing her heart.She now lie dead in a pool of blood.
He knew the combination to the tiny vault box behind the Mona Lisa painting hanging on the wall.He never liked that picture somehow it made him feel uneasy however,it was where she hid the money. He hated finding only
ten grand and one lousy diamond necklace,he wondered where the rest of the loot was?At least ninety grand was missing.

He hurried home to his suspicious wife,thank God she was sleeping, he fell asleep himself.
Friday morning his wife answered the door to the police, they came to question him about the murder and asked of his recent where abouts.
He replied with an untrue update saying he'd been bowling. He lied! again.
and the inspector knew it to be a lie as he pulled out a greeting card,with
Mona Lisa's picture on it which they found underneath the white linen tablecloth at the scene of the crime.With the card there was a check made out in his name for 90 grand tucked inside and this love message written on the card 'To the love of my life,Soon Baby Soon.

© 2011 Fran Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Oh, this is a delicious crime drama....bringing to mind the sort of scenario depicted in the 1940's black and white movies. I could picture him wearing a wide brimmed hat while walking with that walking cane of evil! Fran, you have such talent! Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


5 of 5 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I picture this as a black and white movie. I love the irony in it too. The girl got the last stab. Great vividness. You could easily expand on this story using what you have as a frame work for a novella. Maybe use moving veiwpoints like I did with The Rose Petal Murders. Anyway as always you are an awesome writer.

Thanks for submitting this spendid piece.

Dave

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

.................................................... OMG! THIS IS BRILLIANT! How'd you come up with this, it's amazing! This is..... WOW! I mean, seriously, genius, terrifyingly well written, there aren't many words to explain how good this story is. I love it!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good story, but somethign sounds familair about this. Maybe it's the Mickey Spillane feel? Good story, cool twist.

Posted 16 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

I like tis!!! The b*****d got what was coming to him. It was a delightful twist at the end. Classy dame indeed. :)

Congrats on the contest.

Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.


Move over
Micky. There is a new girl in town. Sorry old son, but you are passe.



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Had my attention right from the start Fran..well written piece..Diane

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WOW Fran, this was an interesting thriller. We have a place to post and read each other's poetry here. I find it hard to learn new things, but it might just be me.
Love,
Norma

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderful!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

WOW.....had me hooked.....a wonderful write :))

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

That goon did himself in, didn't he? What a real mystery. I liked the ending. Seems to me the dear lady was the real heroin in this case. What she did told off on her murderer. Enchanting Fran...it had my attention.
Love...Liz

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1718 Views
25 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 9, 2008
Last Updated on March 28, 2011

Author

  Fran Marie
Fran Marie

Paris, KY



About
object width="480" height="385"> more..

Writing
Noel Noel

A Poem by Fran Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..