Words

Words

A Poem by Fran Marie

. Words are the poet's manna
    without them he cannot survive
           to paint a Shangri-La expressing Nirvana
                'tis the sweet substance which keeps him alive

 


These words are locked within his soul
     stored inside his poet's heart
               brought to surface by mind control
                                their beauty to you he must impart

 


Like fine strung pearls woven in poetic verse
        his words speak love and the nature of many truths
           without these valued gems 'tis the poet who is cursed
                              his sanctuary of treasured thoughts; his roots

 


Words to him; more precious than silver or gold
          for a poet must always write
                   to profess his beauty in words to unfold
                                  burning midnight oil ; his one true light

 

 


No! a poet does not seek fortune nor fame
     he merely wants to share with you his gentle soul
                and 'tis a sad poet who cannot pen this flame
                              and give the gift of words to guide the world


© 2018 Fran Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It is quite rare, to be honest, that I come across what I could only describe as a rancid review. This is a beautiful piece, and I can only believe that the beauty of it - the very nature of what it expresses - could have been cause for such a barbarous handful of meaningless words offered in a review.

Even in the darkest of poems, as this or that poet dwells upon the morose and their particular malaise; there is often a glimmer of some small spark which would offer some guiding light to those who are open to it.

The particulars of this piece, strike forth both in a determined manner and yet with a soft flow that carries one along mirroring the ideals of the piece. Yes, I enjoyed this piece. No, I don't quite understand FA's review...

Posted 14 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Congrats on your great winning poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is so beautifully expressed, profoundly spoken that "words are the poet's manna..." We here understand the power words have in our lives and how they impact those around us as well. Your poem clearly, and refreshingly conveys the life words bring alive. Thank you for sharing with us!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love the flow, it is really great. Thanks for sharing. keep it up! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes the poet words are his life... not only to express their self but to help those who can't find the words to feel what they don't understand... and yes a poets words are their blessing and his curse for it can not only help but it is something they can never escape... wow Fran such a deeply penned write showing the true poet you are.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Thank you quite so much for sharing this. I could hear the intensity and passion in the speaker's voice. Even if I were not a writer who appreciates the importance and power of words, I would after reading this. You have a very strong voice here and your tone makes one sit up and pay attention. It's a poem that I've had to read more than once just so that I could get most enjoyment out of it. I also must complement your choice of words, for you use very strong, vivid words that insert images more forcefully into my mind. Overall, a very well-written piece.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

God Dear Fran how I respect your thoughts,how they are almost mine ,totally,how i believed in these words..
Poets seeks no fortune or fame,he wants to share his gentle soul
sad if he can not pen his flame,but his gift of words will guide the world
he will always write beauties in words to unfold,burning night oil,his true light
he speaks love and so many truths will always stick to them,his thoughts his sanctuary
his words stored in his heart ,they come out,when he is distressed or see everything going wrong
he cant survive without them,they are his way to tell of everything true and false ,love and hate,he will strip all those fakes
lovely write as always..

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

For most of the years of my adult life, I ran away from being "dubbed" a poet, as I felt a poet's words were minute in comparison to that of a novelist, until I submitted to my calling so to say, and started writing that which came so naturally to me, and I must admit that poetry is truly the window to my soul, as it is poetry which has opened my life to new possibilities by expression, creativity, searching, and the development of most every facet of living!
Poets are brave souls as we venture to speak truth, to convict, and we are entertainers as we bring various readings and thoughts to readers, ....we are all of what you have so brilliantly expressed in your poem!
I absolutely love your expressions, and thank you for writing of the heart of a poet! I am marking it as a favorite!!
Hugs,
Sheila, A Poetess of Multiplicity!


Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

This is extremely beautiful - extremely deep - extremely true - extremely marvelous!!!

A brilliant work! Kudos!
.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Ahhh...this I might say is so rejuvenating! Love the format, love everything you said here. This poem shot cupid's arrow through my own poetic heart. I love the line "Like fine pearls woven in poetic verse". I'm in love with your words...

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like the phrase "burning midnight oil". While "oil" represents the "holy spirit" in the bible, in this piece, it symbolizes "light"---the poet's words serve as his light. It enlightens and it guides. Light is not to be kept. It always radiates naturally. Darkness cannot even hide it. Well-penned!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2635 Views
37 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 10 Libraries
Added on May 5, 2009
Last Updated on May 8, 2018

Author

  Fran Marie
Fran Marie

Paris, KY



About
object width="480" height="385"> more..

Writing
Noel Noel

A Poem by Fran Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..