Tones of A New Year

Tones of A New Year

A Poem by Fran Marie

So glad Christmas is over, yet a feeling of sadness captures me in thought,as another year comes to its end. I reflect on memories of yesteryear, as I take down the tree.
I slip each ornament back into their boxes with delicate care as not to break them, for each decoration is a true work of art and distinguished in their own manner.
They each hold precious meanings of bygone years.

Instant flash backs flood my mind,of a time when my babes were  small, and would rise from sleepy-warm dreams on Christmas morning  and rush downstairs to open all their presents, which Santa delivered during the night.
Assembling toys with a set of complicated instructions, could drive a person to the point of insanity.Oh, yes, I remember it well.
And now I recall this recent past year as I drag this spent-Scotch Pine out the front door to the curb and throw it on the ground,to think a month ago it was so fresh, beautiful, important, but it had served its purpose and now its yesterdays trash~

So I wonder and ponder the thoughts of life's cycle,and as we usher in the New Year 2010 there will be toasts and tones of gaiety,that will begin again, and die once more.

© 2009 Fran Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Beautiful verse seems to be spreading all over the cafe this enchanted evening. I remember, too... Memories are precious, and you have vibrantly captured the cycle of life....

'And I now recall this recent past year as I drag this spent-Scotch Pine out the front door to the curb and throw it on to the ground'....

My friend, I know this feeling so well. Bittersweet and radiant as the sun. Merry Christmas, my friend.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The rituals we go through each year. This may be an old poem, but I bet the thoughts are the same. All my baubles have a significant meaning. They are treasures reminding me of people no longer with us and children who have now grown. You know I can almost smell the fragrance of pine needles from here. Good to air older poetry Fran. Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.

Chris

Posted 2 Years Ago


Pulling them from the archives I see. I hit that 2010 part and was looking round for Dr, Who. I thought I'd time warped like the folks in Rocky Horror Picture show. (laughing) Yes, every Christmas should remind us of those past. I'm ready for this year to be on out the door though. I lost my mother in 2011 and that was my first Christmas without her. It doesn't seem like she's been gone ten years. I miss her every day but especially and most poignantly at Christmas. Wishing you the best New Year filled with new memories to treasure. Bless. F.

Posted 2 Years Ago


  Fran Marie

2 Years Ago

yes this is an oldie from the archives
I should really edit the date 2010 to
2022 lol.. read more
Fabian G. Franklin

2 Years Ago

My pleasure.
Even though it's an old piece of writing from you, luckily I found it at the right time of a new fresh year on the loom. Anyway, it was a nice reading though those words.

Posted 2 Years Ago


  Fran Marie

2 Years Ago

Thanks Mary Jain for reading
and blessings for a Happy New Year!!
This is wonderful, I took down my tree today, i mean Christmas is over.
I enjoyed this write

Posted 2 Years Ago


  Fran Marie

2 Years Ago

Thanks writergirl for reading
and blessings for happy new year!!
Memories of past holidays always break into a smile…then one thinks about the coming year an reflects upon what it will bring in terms of happiness, closeness and pure joy.
Merry everything!
B

Posted 2 Years Ago


"Tones of a New Year"
Fran Marie,
Yes anytime is a good one to visit a Christmas Poem I enjoyed the stroll along with you in a reminisce of what this aspect of Christmas morning meant to you. It was also fun to imagine younsters coming out of sleep to run excitedly to the beautiful tree and adorned and ready for a very special occasion. I love reading people's early writing. Thanks and blessings,
Kathy

Posted 6 Years Ago


  Fran Marie

6 Years Ago

Omgosh you found this old relic ..one I wrote many moons ago.. I think in 2005 or 6..when I wrote it.. read more
Absolutely beautiful We all do these things each year. There is a tradition in Europe of opening the front and back door on new years and running through the house Entering the new year from the front and exiting the old year from the rear

Posted 9 Years Ago


  Fran Marie

9 Years Ago

thanks Tate so very much.. yes, think I heard about that tradition.. also putting a shinny new dime .. read more
wow this one here touches the heart just the other day I was thinking how time is just passing by and christmas is just around the corner, great description and yes next is the new year.
nice work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

  Fran Marie

9 Years Ago

Omgosh..I know, c'mas will be here soon again....thanks for reading Mauricio,much appreciated:
Quite lovely!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Season of the heart...



Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

917 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 23, 2009
Last Updated on December 23, 2009

Author

  Fran Marie
Fran Marie

Paris, KY



About
object width="480" height="385"> more..

Writing
Noel Noel

A Poem by Fran Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..