` Longstem Promises`

` Longstem Promises`

A Poem by Fran Marie


 
 
 
There's no entitlement in life other than your name on a birth certificate
The system spreads you like putty over a thin surface turning you upside down;
then saturates your every move with man made rules and longstem promises.
 
 They comfort and caress you like a bedspread
 pretending they have you covered just incase you
mess up yet another time, telling you to " just be patient  these things take time "
 
 Consequently you wait for results hoping to see the glass half full once more
It never happens to turn out in your favor anyway; although you're
infatuated on a postive note with the idea that ` hey maybe this time it will be different.... but they have the upper hand, the preeminence to say how it's going to play out.
 
You finally realize you're just the poor peon that is left toiling in the daily grind etching out a living as they squeeze life's blood until you have no more to give, then made to feel contrite and end up doing penitence for their BS!

© 2021 Fran Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

The poem is amazing. I could discuss and agree with lines of this poem. I like all the strong statements. The ending is my favorite.
"as they squeeze life's blood until you have no more to give"
Thank you for the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

good strong emotive stuff


Posted 10 Years Ago


reads like my autobiography

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the views expressed, great job. Keep on writing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I may not totally agree with what you're saying here, but it is a very powerful and beautiful poem nonetheless. Thank you for the read. ;)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Boy that last stanza really spoke to me... for someone who is on his 17th straight day working and not sure when he will see a day off I can totally relate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

For the most part, we are all in the same boat. So many privileged people walk on our backs and seem to be able to behave abhorantly and thrive. I (must) believe that they will have to sit in front of that giant movie screen and not only watch but EXPLAINtheir life. One misstep at a time.

I liked the way this flowed into the gem it became.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
now that was bittersweet..the opening line set the tone and played out like a symphony of sarcasm..

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

the electric currents of wicked clever delivarence coil bittersweetly from your poetic snake charmer~ we are tools for the elite~ given the illusion of attainable wealth by the wealthy~ that should be a clue right their lol~ you have delivered the most subtle slice of the sharpest bittersweet pie known to us within this greedy blind society of hollow promises~

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1114 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 21, 2011
Last Updated on August 5, 2021

Author

  Fran Marie
Fran Marie

Paris, KY



About
object width="480" height="385"> more..

Writing
Noel Noel

A Poem by Fran Marie



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Warfare The Warfare

A Poem by Thea


Dance Away Dance Away

A Chapter by YouoweYoupay


Hypnodelica Hypnodelica

A Poem by Robin